Scarabs only through PayPal?

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
The Sage Nabooru

Scarabs only through PayPal?

Postby The Sage Nabooru » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:45 pm

I, for one, technically have a PayPal account, but due to its.....hmm.....capriciousness, it's no longer usable. PayPal is possibly the most irritating online payment plan I've seen, especially considering it won't let me just start up a new account!

Could we possibly have another option to buy scarabs?

Reed

Postby Reed » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:51 pm

Yep, we're looking into additional payment methods.

EndTheory

Postby EndTheory » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:01 pm

"Reed" wrote:Yep, we're looking into additional payment methods.

Very good news as I'm among the many concerned about paypal, but would like to continue playing the game.

Deguar

Postby Deguar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Since TM already has some form of deals with Steam and Impulse and (I think) GamersGate which do offer multiple payment options.

Instead of going through the hoops and hurdles of trying to become a visa/mastercard certified type charge authority. Why not offer something akin to gamer cards available over steam/impulse/Gg for the three different scarab options.

Buy a 60 scarab card of impulse and you get one of them individual unique generated web pages which would give you a one time use code that you then input into your profile and voila scarabs.

Deguakay
Hetephinushr of Raka (59N) Sandals and Leather
Rakheben of Amunsesh (49N) Sculptures and Bronze
Rawaset of Setger (80N) Jewelry and Gold
Perdjyamun of Rate (99N) Perfume and Oil

Teryk

Postby Teryk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:09 pm

You don't need a paypal account to pay via paypal. They accept payment with CC or debit cards (among other things).

speysider
Location: Migdol, Osiriskai: Maritis, Sethat-ib: Qadesh, Rasuten

Postby speysider » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Actually, you do. Just signed up with them and they ****ing took out £1.00 out of my account. Is that normal?
Last edited by speysider on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andrelvis

Postby Andrelvis » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:19 pm

"speysider" wrote:Actually, you do. Just signed up with them and they ****ing took out £1.00 out of my account. Is that normal?

Extremely irritating and unnecessary, but yes, it's normal. They will refund you, they're doing that to "confirm your credit card". You have to go to your online CC statement to see a code and tell them what the code is in your account (through their site). It sucks, especially if you can't see your statement online, which would mean you have to wait a month or so for your statement to arrive by mail

Sanantone

Postby Sanantone » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Reed I play another online game called "The West" they have a great way of paying for little extras, it's called a Wallie Card you go to a shop that sells the cards/vouchers (a lot of shop do) and buy a £20/£10/£5 voucher/card, then enter the pin number into the Wallie site, you then have whatever amount you paid for, now this is ideal for people who don't want to give sensitive information on the internet, can you not implement this method of payment? I'm sure a lot of people would prefer to do this. (we can also 'gift' scarabs this way). ie: buy someone a voucher.
I just went on the paypal to see how much 10 scarabs would cost in GBP
£3-80 that seems quite a lot, paypal is taking £1 for the transaction.: :(

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:48 pm

You need to look at google checkout instead of paypal. Paypal is restrictive and evil. Actually I think they won't even let you have other payment methods (maybe in certain cases?) if you are still going to try to use them and another method (combined).
Last edited by Agamemnus on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanantone

Postby Sanantone » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 pm

I didn't use paypal, although I do have an account, I've had it for a few years but have only used it once, like a number of other people...I don't like paypal, so the only way I would pay is through a 'Wallie Card' method, or something very similar, where I can go to a SHOP and buy the voucher with cash.

dreadmime

Postby dreadmime » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:17 pm

yeah, there's lots of those in america, but you can't walk out with the code, per se, you have to wait for the card to show up in the mail. :p

And if you're looking into alternative payment methods reed, then thank you. Because I actually WOULD pay the $11.25 all arguments aside to the negative, but simply can't because paypal sucks.

Sanantone

Postby Sanantone » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:37 pm

"dreadmime" wrote:yeah, there's lots of those in america, but you can't walk out with the code, per se, you have to wait for the card to show up in the mail. :p

You can in the UK, I bought a Wallie voucher the other day with the pin number on it, when I got home I just entered it into the Wallie site, the cards are like a scratchcard, you scratch the back off to find the number, the vouchers have the number printed along the bottom, it's a lot like a phone card/voucher, there's no waiting around, I really like this method as I just pay cash (in my case a fiver) and there's no hassle about credit/debit cards which I am very loathe to use on the internet, It's not just for gaming, you can buy all sorts of things, it definately would cut out the internet frauds with credit/debit cards if the powers that be brought this payment plan into force.

dreadmime

Postby dreadmime » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:21 pm

yeah, it's similar to the one we used to use for online transactions after the paypal fiasco, but in short it was more like a disposable credit card..you basically walked in and got a serial number that you could register either online or over the phone.. and they'd give you a CC# and a CVN2 and you could use it.. and 2-4 weeks later you'd get a physical plastic card in the mail.

The nice thing being you could define a seperate "Billing address zip code" (which is all CC's want.) from your mailing... and use a fake name/address and voila... one instantly anonymous internet transaction device.

I've seen a product similar to what you're talking about.. but i just don't remember the name of the product for Americans, but i know the local store sells em, and they've got all sorts of online places and games you can use them on. When we still play world of warcraft, we considered using it. It was more like a "Gift Certicate" good at "over 5,000 online retailers and shops" ...

abana

Postby abana » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:24 pm

In the US, we have Pre-paid Debit cards

oehrchen

Postby oehrchen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:54 pm

Wouldn't the easiest thing be the possibilty to just pay via transaction of your bank account? This way is safe and just as designed for a single payment.

Greetings, oehrchen

Sanantone

Postby Sanantone » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 pm

But wouldn't you have to give your bank/card details to do this, I want a way to pay that will not use any sensitive details, ie: something one can buy for cash in a shop, and exchange on the internet for gaming extras (or even OTHER things :D )
And the Wallie card/voucher is just the job.

Jacquou Le

Postby Jacquou Le » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:30 pm

How about Money Order? :D

Men, I still use money order sometimes in this clicking-pay age :p

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:09 am

Reed wrote:Yep, we're looking into additional payment methods.

That's good. I've never been able to get anything accomplished through Paypal.

slcha

Postby slcha » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:17 am

That is great news. I am happy to pay TM, but won't use PayPal

davypi

Postby davypi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:03 am

"Teryk" wrote:You don't need a paypal account to pay via paypal. They accept payment with CC or debit cards (among other things).

Yes, but the issue with Paypal isn't about wether or not you have to have an account, its about their customer service. If they mess up your transaction, its likely that they won't fix it. You're pretty much screwed without recourse.

Return to “General Discussion”