Griefer.

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Agamemnus

Griefer.

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:59 am

Someone took out my monument plots. Again.

That player is "Skyotep", and apparently he made an account just so he could take my pyramids. I wonder what brought on this hatred? Maybe a certain multi acting out his obsession with me? :) Surely not; multis don't exist..

Overseer Skyotep
Birthdate: February 11th 2009
Battles (Offense): 3
Soldiers Captured: 12
Monuments Captured: 2
Cities:
cedar Cedarton (327N) (L10)
gold Goldton (327N) (L9)
kohl StabemAga'n (58S) (L4)

Edit: Looks like it's skyreen going by the city names. Apparently skyreen hates me for some reason, if it is skyreen.

Well, skyreen, I'm waiting. Why the obsession, skyreen? (if it is you)
Last edited by Agamemnus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 am, edited 6 times in total.

Michlo
Location: Originally Merseyside, England now Los Angeles, USA

Postby Michlo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 am

Well why weren't they defended if it is bothering you enough to prompt a post?

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:15 am

And why attack me> A certain hatred? seems the pot calling the kettle black.
Hypocrite

kach

Postby kach » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:46 am

Tall poppy syndrome.
Someone is said to be a target of tall poppy syndrome when his or her assumption of a higher economic, social, or political position is criticized as being presumptuous, attention seeking, or without merit. Alternatively, it is seen as a societal phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are criticized or resented because their talents or achievements elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers.

In my experience, the phrase is most often used in the alternative sense. :D

skyreen

Postby skyreen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am

Bitter, no. Amused to no end, Yes! Oh how could such an upstart player ever dream of attacking the lofty and powerful top 10 players. Get over yourself.

Oh, and its called friends, no multi-accounting. I love how any time someone does anything better than you then MUST be cheating.

Skyotep
Son of Skyreen

avaia

Postby avaia » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:52 am

Posting in a thread with potential...

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:09 am

"PhilL" wrote:And why attack me> A certain hatred? seems the pot calling the kettle black.
Hypocrite

Here's skyreen's response....

"skyreen" wrote:Bitter, no. Amused to no end, Yes! Oh how could such an upstart player ever dream of attacking the lofty and powerful top 10 players. Get over yourself.

Oh, and its called friends, no multi-accounting. I love how any time someone does anything better than you then MUST be cheating.

So who's the hypocrite now, Phil? You goaded skyreen into attacking because you couldn't do it yourself anymore. Amazing.

Better than me, skyreen? You disgust me, and you certainly aren't better than me in any sense of the word. All your arguments are trash. You're all going on my ignore list.

Anyone who I find out is trading or helping skyreen or Phil from this moment on is on my attack list.

And this thread better not be deleted, Reed. I want these .. things.. exposed for who they really are.
Last edited by Agamemnus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

lynnk

Postby lynnk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:14 am

"skyreen" wrote:Bitter, no. Amused to no end, Yes! Oh how could such an upstart player ever dream of attacking the lofty and powerful top 10 players. Get over yourself.

Skyotep
Son of Skyreen

Could you please name these friends? Thanks for your help :)

It is best that we all know who they are if this is the sort of thing they condone....

Obviously these friends do not want to play a co-operative trading game and so people that do will probably want to avoid trading with them in each and every way :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:16 am

Wow, who could have predicted this thread?

...pops more corn to pass around...

Michlo
Location: Originally Merseyside, England now Los Angeles, USA

Postby Michlo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:17 am

Aga,

why is such a thread needed? Whilst I'm certainly not defending their actions, it doesn't seem that they are cheating or doing anything the game doesn't allow.

Isn't there enough hostility and waffle flying around on these forums of late?

I'm trying to stick around long enough to enter my tomb but these forums are starting to get to me.

Reed

Postby Reed » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:21 am

How is taking over a monument griefing?

That's the whole point...they are supposed to exchange hands...you are supposed to have to defend them.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:22 am

"Michlo" wrote:Aga,

why is such a thread needed? Whilst I'm certainly not defending their actions, it doesn't seem that they are cheating or doing anything the game doesn't allow.

Isn't there enough hostility and waffle flying around on these forums of late?

I'm trying to stick around long enough to enter my tomb but these forums are starting to get to me.

It's needed to show skyreen's true character, so that no one ever again shows him any respect. For god's sake!

* Put up a 3rd city in my NEW pyramid location just so he can take my pyramids easily.

* Renamed his city "StabemAga'n" .

* Now is delusional that he is somehow better than me because he managed to take my pyramids away.

Is this the kind of person who seems emotionally stable to you? Yes, it is needed, to call him out.

"Reed" wrote:How is taking over a monument griefing?

That's the whole point...they are supposed to exchange hands...you are supposed to have to defend them.

"You" as in me, personally, or anyone nearby with 2 soldiers on their monuments? This isn't about taking pyramids for profit. It's about griefing. And it makes me angry. Phil did it. Jarganaut did it. Then Phil did it again. Then Phil did it with Jarganaut. Now skyreen did it. Whether or not they are one person, it's griefing and has nothing to do with me and everything to do with them. So I'm calling them out on it.

Edit: Seriously, good point kach. Three people (Phil, MrCuddlyTiger, skyreen) of the alpha group decided to get their jollies out of attacking my monuments.
Last edited by Agamemnus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:32 am

"Reed" wrote:How is taking over a monument griefing?

Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

Pirating, those who do

Notice the hypocrisy from all the usual suspects when it was JuliaSet's monuments.

Please reread the thread quickly, cuz posts & even perhaps the entire thread just might quickly disappear.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:32 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

Pirating, those who do

Notice the hypocrisy from all the usual suspects when it was JuliaSet's monuments.

That was piracy for profit. This is griefing.

"lynnk" wrote:Could you please name these friends? Thanks for your help :)

It is best that we all know who they are if this is the sort of thing they condone....

Obviously these friends do not want to play a co-operative trading game and so people that do will probably want to avoid trading with them in each and every way :)

A good point.

Caesar Clifford

Postby Caesar Clifford » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:34 am

Time warp time.

Tinks who left.
Aga who became immortal.

And the first rule Aga is if you don't want to PvP [ that includes having someone take yours off you ] then don't have a monument.

I'm with Reed, how can you complain about something that is in the game ? Sure you may not like that part of it but if its part of the game you have to put up with it. Or buy your limestone on the market or private trade for it. Anyway how much more do you need ? You have L2,L22,L22 and L20. Surely you have enough on hand for the 4th city to get to L22.

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:40 am

Me/ passes aga a tissue. aww poor baby. Seems when people play the game the way its intended against you, you cry, but when you rip players off in trades playing X cost this by me instead of the fair one for one raw and two for one raw vs lux its ok.

And like previously stated it is ok for a group to push a player up the ranks by feeding them.BUT its not ok for a group to knock a player down the ranks.

I had nothing to do with this latest attacks I only took back the site you took from me after another player took yours. SO WHO IS GRIEFING WHO????????

This is not candyland it is a game with a military aspect if you dont want to lose your monuments defend them with a decent force or dont take them at all.

Quibish

Postby Quibish » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:40 am

That's not griefing, that's great!

trade alliances are common, why not military alliances?

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:44 am

"Quibish" wrote:That's not griefing, that's great!

trade alliances are common, why not military alliances?

My point exactly!!! want in ???

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:45 am

"PhilL" wrote:I had nothing to do with this latest attacks I only took back the site you took from me after another player took yours. SO WHO IS GRIEFING WHO????????

Last response before I hit the ignore button. Key word "latest". :)

It doesn't really matter if you're an alliance of any sort. I have 2.2m bread and 60K cedar. I now have three active players who will take one of my monuments at any opportunity, and whose own monuments are being leveled to the ground one by one as we speak.

I re-iterate my warning to anyone who is caught trading with skyreen or PhilL... don't do it, or your monument will be in flames!
Last edited by Agamemnus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:49 am

"Agamemnus" wrote:Last response before I hit the ignore button. Key word "latest". :)

But you keep attacking mine YOU GRIEFER......LOL

Return to “General Discussion”