Griefer.

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Quibish

Postby Quibish » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:51 am

"PhilL" wrote:My point exactly!!! want in ???

nah, I'm a pacifist... at least until I get attacked.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:52 am

"Michlo" wrote:Aga,

why is such a thread needed? Whilst I'm certainly not defending their actions, it doesn't seem that they are cheating or doing anything the game doesn't allow.

Isn't there enough hostility and waffle flying around on these forums of late?

I'm trying to stick around long enough to enter my tomb but these forums are starting to get to me.

You, part three of the clifford/goonsquad trifecta of hypocrits have no room to talk.

"Michlo" wrote:Yeah, if the game stays as it is now, I won't be buying it and I'll be removing my subscription.

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 am

"Agamemnus" wrote:Last response before I hit the ignore button. Key word "latest". :)

It doesn't really matter if you're an alliance of any sort. I have 2.2m bread and 60K cedar. I now have three active players who will take one of my monuments at any opportunity, and whose own monuments are being leveled to the ground one by one as we speak.

I re-iterate my warning to anyone who is caught trading with skyreen or PhilL.

WOW not only are you threatening the players who have attacked you. YOU now are threatening any one who trades with us. Thats it way to make friends.

YOU think you can control the game. HAHA. it will become very expensive to keep a big army at the monuments all the time never knowing when you will be attacked next or at all or while you sleep.

goes back to making sharp pointy aga poking sticks.

Asterix~

Postby Asterix~ » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 am

I almost totally agree, this game has a PvP aspect. It may be frustrating, but its part of the game, and griefing is part of PvP. Maybe you should ask yourself what you (you specifically) might have done to annoy skyreen to this point, and perhaps apologize?

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:55 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:You, part three of the clifford/goonsquad trifecta of hypocrits have no room to talk.

wow this brought tink out of retirement. :D :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:58 am

"PhilL" wrote:wow this brought tink out of retirement. :D :D

Don't expect it to last. These clowns have turned this forum into a cesspool. I want no part of it any longer.

Quibish

Postby Quibish » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:02 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Don't expect it to last. These clowns have turned this forum into a cesspool. I want no part of it any longer.

:rolleyes:

skyreen

Postby skyreen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:12 am

"Agamemnus" wrote:Here's skyreen's response....

So who's the hypocrite now, Phil? You goaded skyreen into attacking because you couldn't do it yourself anymore. Amazing.

Better than me, skyreen? You disgust me, and you certainly aren't better than me in any sense of the word. All your arguments are trash. You're all going on my ignore list.

Anyone who I find out is trading or helping skyreen or Phil from this moment on is on my attack list.

And this thread better not be deleted, Reed. I want these .. things.. exposed for who they really are.

ROFL - never claimed I was better than you Aga. Just pointed out that a number of folks feel you have the better than though attitude. And I love the with me or your against me attitude from you. Funny stuff.

Of course if you are REALLY ignoring this thread you'll never hear this. But I doubt that. Vanity is a dangerous thing. I didn't need any "prompting" to attack you. This thread on the forums was exactly the payoff I was after. Thanks for being such a dear person and making me laugh all day!

For everyone else, you heard the man. Fear the wrath of Aga if you trade with me. Or don't. There are plenty of trading partners in the game.

Skyotep

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:15 am

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:And the first rule Aga is if you don't want to PvP [ that includes having someone take yours off you ] then don't have a monument.

Uh huh

"JuliaSet" wrote:Building a monument is a huge investment..

First comes the loss of bread to create an army, Then the attack on the raiders camp. Feed the army.

Then comes feeding the labor, sending it bread all of the time.. Erm.. Yea, I could have had my 4th city if I didn't have to feed so many soldiers and laborers.

Then comes the upgrades.. What is is? if you want increased production it is going to cost you some 10,000 limestone.. (do you see any investment return at this stage?) When one finally gets the monument built up, along comes someone who does not want it, they only want to trash your effort.

Well I have not yet gotten back the cost of setting this up. I am NOT a happy camper and I don't have the oxygen to waste my time doing it again just for the fun of someone else to ruin my fun. I have wasted enough just trying to build this, feed it etc. I had hoped for some limestone, not to trash someone elses work.

Of course JuliaSet did it again. She has TWO L5 Monuments & she got them via PvP
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 am

Quoted for emphasis.

"skyreen" wrote:I didn't need any "prompting" to attack you. This thread on the forums was exactly the payoff I was after. Thanks for being such a dear person and making me laugh all day!

Wikipedia wrote:A griefer is a player who plays a game simply to aggravate and harass other players.[1]

And no, skyreen, just by signing your name "Skyotep" doesn't make you a different person. And that person-- you, skyreen-- is who you are showing to the forum.
Last edited by Agamemnus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:33 am

This is all about high rankers whining, cuz they lost part of what gave them their rank.

and it is quite pitiful

They want to be immune. They claim to be special. Ag just doesn't have a whole website to flame other posters for him. CBC does.

Sorry, but Reed did NOT design the game that way. High rankers ARE targets.

Get used to it...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:34 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:This is all about high rankers whining, cuz they lost part of what gave them their rank.

and it is quite pitiful

They want to be immune. They claim to be special. Ag just doesn't have a whole website to flame other posters for him. CBC does.

Sorry, but Reed did NOT design the game that way. High rankers ARE targets.

Get used to it...

I don't want to be immune.
I am calling out skyreen.

And if people want to take my pyramids for profit, I invite them to try to do so. But if they do it to grief me, I will call them out on it.

And I do think it is a bad gameplay design that allows this kind of gameplay that skyreen, Phill, Jarganaut, MrCuddlyTiger, and countless others have engaged in, but what do I know? Ask yourself if the game needs the kind of horrible behavior that skyreen has lately demonstrated.
Last edited by Agamemnus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

MrCuddlyTiger

Postby MrCuddlyTiger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:55 am

and yet here you are... complaining. If you want to play to win, you have to deal with people attacking you... if you want to play without the worry of being attacked... just don't compete. Simple as that. If you don't like the game don't play.

Imo, a moderator should step in on this and either lock it or delete it. It isn't constructive for the community.

Perhaps there should be a casual server where attacks aren't done in the same way, and a hardcore server where people can attack and not give warning and such.

Either way I think Aga would still complain. Funny thing is if you wouldn't complain/boast/shoot your mouth off in game and on the boards so much people would most likely leave you alone. I haven't been around so maybe I'm wrong... just friendly advice if you wish to take it... chill a bit and people won't target you. Because as we have seen here... it is personal, so it really has nothing to do with the game. It is more to do with how YOU play the game.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 am

Jeez you take one three hour train ride and when you come back, all hell breaks loose! :eek: Aga, I know how much the #1 spot means to you and how annoying it is to lose so much bread when you're so close, but do you really want to make a massive issue out of it on the forums?

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:06 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Jeez you take one three hour train ride and when you come back, all hell breaks loose! :eek: Aga, I know how much the #1 spot means to you and how annoying it is to lose so much bread when you're so close, but do you really want to make a massive issue out of it on the forums?

Just showing the truth, here.

"MrCuddlyTiger" wrote:<snip>

Do you really believe you are presenting any sort of honest contribution to this, when you yourself threw everything you had at me before you went bye-bye?

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:09 am

AGA:
It was also you cussing me out on the wall after the first time you were defeated.( we all know what frack means) You know how that went. you lost 2 level 5 sites only to have to take others and build them up. I got to see my experiment work You dropped like a rock in rank. If you want to go at it again like that then so be it.
You took my monument again. :(
So if you want to play war stop complaining ;)
Nothing worse than a crying hypocrite.

Betelgeuse

Postby Betelgeuse » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:20 am

what is wrong with Agamemnus complaining? It certainly seems fair as he has little recourse in game. He wants to damage them as they are trying to damage him and the only way to do that seems to be calling them out in the forums.

As has been said many times this isn't about profit so it makes sence to post here as that doesn't take any city resources.

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:22 am

But he is retaliating against the wrong person. I did not take his sites, SO he is causing his own problems.

I have not complained about losing the monument.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:24 am

And if Phil had any sense of morality he would mention that I simply took back the monument that he stole from me a few weeks ago. He would also remember the little chat that he had with skyreen after he got immortality:

"PhilL" wrote:Skyreen congrats on becoming the first to reach immortality. Let me know if you come back from the dead in another form. ;)

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:53 am

Everyone who has a monument is fair game. Play with fire and you get burned. That's just how the game is designed.

Return to “General Discussion”