United Griefers Against Rank!

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

United Griefers Against Rank!

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 05, 2009 4:08 pm

aka ~ if you can't beat em join em

a proposal...

:D

Our UGAR objective is controlled & directed chaos with Honor!

We award Badges for the higest ranker knocked off (requires Combat Log posted).

There are more of us than them & we cannot be stopped. Team Playing at its finest!

Tired of the same old stale Nile Online? Wanna have some real fun?

homegrown
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:21 pm
Location: Houston TX

Postby homegrown » Tue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm

/me translates

" I don't have the balls or the military know-how to do it myself, so I'm trying to get other people to put up their own resources and stop their own growth to wage my petty little vendetta against those people that are better at this than I am "

Ramzez
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:27 am
Location: Ramsis: 1N 2N 20S Theoris

Postby Ramzez » Tue May 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Ken he could easily knock you off the top spot if he wanted [can you defeat 800 forces? 1000? Even I could come up with an army that size if I wanted]. I don't think Tink wants to stop his progress either.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 pm

The past is but prologue

Geee, homegrown (Theoris ~ Kenhotep)...

What makes you "think" this is about you? ...dat's just too weird...

Question

Anyone notice that homegrown sounds more & more like Ag in Sabah every day?

homegrown
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:21 pm
Location: Houston TX

Postby homegrown » Tue May 05, 2009 6:20 pm

"Ramzez" wrote:Ken he could easily knock you off the top spot if he wanted [can you defeat 800 forces? 1000? Even I could come up with an army that size if I wanted]. I don't think Tink wants to stop his progress either.


It's not enough to just take the monument. You have to be able to hold it thru an update for it to affect rank. My Ready Alert Fighter is always just 27 minutes away should the worse case scenario happen.

How long could you feed those 1000 fighters exactly?
Last edited by homegrown on Tue May 05, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aramel
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 am

Postby Aramel » Tue May 05, 2009 6:20 pm

Don't be a hater, Ken. :p

Greifin' is hard work.

Ramzez
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:27 am
Location: Ramsis: 1N 2N 20S Theoris

Postby Ramzez » Tue May 05, 2009 6:26 pm

"homegrown" wrote:It's not enough to just take the monument. You have to be able to hold it thru an update for it to affect rank. My Ready Alert Fighter is always just 27 minutes away should the worse case scenario happen.


Scenario: I build an army of 1000, and leave them at your monument [which I could do, and have enough bread for]. I wait for you to build up an army, then send all my troops back to my base. Your now lumped with an army of 1000 to feed [thats if you even bother to make such a huge army].

How would that _not_ make you lose rank?

Granted it would actually be impossible for me due to my location - however its not impossible for someone close to you. [again broken game - I attack you, and you've already destroyed me again by the time my troops arrive].

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 05, 2009 6:29 pm

"homegrown" wrote:It's not enough to just take the monument.


Wanna bet? :D

You have to be able to hold it thru an update for it to affect rank.


Who said it has to affect rank? :D

My Ready Alert Fighter is always just 27 minutes away should the worse case scenario happen.


To retake an empty plot perhaps (two levels lower) & free us to do it again ;)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue May 05, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

homegrown
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:21 pm
Location: Houston TX

Postby homegrown » Tue May 05, 2009 6:31 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:
Anyone notice that homegrown sounds more & more like Ag in Sabah every day?


I take that as a compliment, thanks. Ag has demonstrated a thorough knowledge of game mechanics and remains a fine upstanding member of the community.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 05, 2009 6:39 pm

"homegrown" wrote:I take that as a compliment, thanks. Ag has demonstrated a thorough knowledge of game mechanics and remains a fine upstanding member of the community.


rank #2 last time I checked

and one hell of a crybaby

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Missed this part...

"homegrown" wrote:How long could you feed those 1000 fighters exactly?


Bandit Outpost Event is the get outta jail free card

...wonders if homegrown really knows how to play this game at all...

EDIT: Should I add that my army is eating your bread & not mine? ...naw...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue May 05, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amun Nefer
Posts: 3165
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:25 am
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue May 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Umm... This thread is supposed to be a joke right?

darlingBri
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:00 am

Postby darlingBri » Tue May 05, 2009 7:57 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:...wonders if homegrown really knows how to play this game at all...


I'm no math scholar, but looking at the current rankings, I'd say Ken knows how to play this game about 30x better than you do.

You're such a loveable scamp, Tink. I think it's nice that you have a basic, consistent, easily ignored complaint that "not everybody is playing Nile Online the way I want them to play Nile Online!" and yet you're so very creative and persistent in finding new and exciting ways to say the same thing over and over again.

Have you considered a career in PR?

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 05, 2009 8:06 pm

"darlingBri" wrote:I'm no math scholar, but looking at the current rankings, I'd say Ken knows how to play this game about 30x better than you do.


Looks can be deceiving. If homegrown (and others) had really read my posts over the years, they would find that I don't play games to be the "best" as in contest best. I play them to have fun & run my Labs. Tinkering in the Lab one could say.

Rank in this game is meaningless. Too many holes & I find them in the Lab. It makes me chuckle when some clown claims to be the "best".

I play for difficulty or I wouldn't have spread out my cities so much. Playing Ken's way is easy.

I also don't sell scarabs like Ken & the old #2 ranker does. Too easy.

I could go on & on, but it really isn't necessary.

...it is not the destination, it is the journey...

homegrown
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:21 pm
Location: Houston TX

Postby homegrown » Tue May 05, 2009 8:25 pm

You have NEVER heard me say "i'm the best". In fact, I'm also on the record that "rank is overrated". You actually, continue to be the person who is most obsessed with rank. Not yours, but those that are higher than yours.

You have absolutely ZERO proof that I actually sold scarabs, not that that's even a crime, since it was made possible by your They Know What They Are Doing Tilted Mill. All you saw was me post an offer. You didn't even see one person ask about it publicly. Damnit, caught you in another bold-faced lie, Tinkerbell.

** damnit, had to self-edit again ** You are more than welcome to come after me ingame but we both know you won't cuz that's what you are. All talk. No action. Oh, except trying to scam other people to do it for you, talk about an "exploit game".

Everyone sees thru your schtick now. You're no longer even amusing. Move along.
Last edited by homegrown on Tue May 05, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: self-editing

speysider
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Migdol, Osiriskai: Maritis, Sethat-ib: Qadesh, Rasuten
Contact:

Postby speysider » Tue May 05, 2009 8:31 pm

"homegrown" wrote:You actually, continue to be the person who is most obsessed with rank. Not yours, but those that are higher than yours.

You have absolutely ZERO proof that I actually sold scarabs, not that that's even a crime, since it was made possible by your They Know What They Are Doing Tilted Mill. All you saw was me post an offer. You didn't even see one person ask about it publicly. Damnit, caught you in another bold-faced lie, Tinkerbell.

** damnit, had to self-edit again ** You are more than welcome to come after me ingame but we both know you won't cuz that's what you are. All talk. No action. Oh, except trying to scam other people to do it for you, talk about an "exploit game".

Everyone sees thru your schtick now. You're no longer even amusing. Move along.


homegrown, you are absolutely right. Image.

Tink, stop acting like a TM representative and stop trying to make yourself the best in the game. The only people who are totally good at this game are the immortal people and the company that made it. Image
Last edited by speysider on Tue May 05, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Me, a TM representative?

You both just made TM fall off their chairs!

LOL

If anything, I am TM's conscience, or the conscience I wish they had. I am the other. The outsider. The rebel.

Ken is the TM insider.

However, am I a very proud TM groupie? You bet yer butt I am!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue May 05, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speysider
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Migdol, Osiriskai: Maritis, Sethat-ib: Qadesh, Rasuten
Contact:

Postby speysider » Tue May 05, 2009 8:37 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Me, a TM representative?

Well, you certainly act like one. :mad:

You both just made TM fall off their chairs!

How? They are not even on the forum!

If anything, I am TM's conscience, or the conscience I wish they had. I am the other. The outsider. The rebel.

Stop it, it's getting annoying for some.

Ken is the TM insider

homegrown is not an insider, if he was, he would have the TM avatar, or the custom title of Luminary.

radjacob
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Postby radjacob » Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Me, a TM representative?

You both just made TM fall off their chairs!

LOL

If anything, I am TM's conscience, or the conscience I wish they had. I am the other. The outsider. The rebel.

Ken is the TM insider.

However, am I a very proud TM groupie? You bet yer butt I am!


Conscience? More like an annoying hemorrhoid that won't go away.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 05, 2009 8:45 pm

"radjacob" wrote:Conscience? More like an annoying hemorrhoid that won't go away.


I prefer to call it being a fan & sometimes a thorn. ;)


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest