Good resource for 3rd city?

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Ishtar

Good resource for 3rd city?

Postby Ishtar » Thu May 07, 2009 1:18 am

My starting city has cedar, and my 2nd city is gold.

2nd city has a jewelry maker, and I buy emeralds from the market. This supplies all my jewelry needs for palace upgrades since every upgrade needs lots.

Should my 3rd city be emeralds, or should I choose something else? Emeralds I can usually buy for 5 or 6 bread each, they are cheap!

:)

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 am

*gasp* Newcomer! Get her!

hehe, j/k

I'd reccomend you go for Henna, it can be used to make two different lux goods. Perfume and Cosmetics. :)

Ishtar

Postby Ishtar » Thu May 07, 2009 1:23 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:*gasp* Newcomer! Get her!

hehe, j/k

Eeee! *runs away*

I'd reccomend you go for Henna, it can be used to make two different lux goods. Perfume and Cosmetics. :)

Ahh true, I had not thought of that.

Hmm how convenient too, there is henna 1 map south of my main city. :)

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu May 07, 2009 1:25 am

>=D!!!

That is covenient, a lucky placement indeed. Hope this helped.

See ya on the Trade Wall!

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Thu May 07, 2009 5:29 am

And with cedar you have an extra plot...... don't make both pottery and baskets in every city, just alternate and share..... you could easily have both a cosmetics and a perfume shop and maybe even an extra brickyard ;)

Haester

Postby Haester » Sun May 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Wow, I never realized that I could build a second brickworks.... Ooh, I think will build both a second bakery and a brickworks in my cedar city. Thanks!

Ramzez

Postby Ramzez » Sun May 10, 2009 6:43 pm

Hate to destroy my profit, but why are you buying emeralds for bread. Why not trade gold for emeralds with someone close by? That way your essentially buying emeralds for 1 bread each.

As for a 3rd city, I'd go for Henna, it seems to be in demand atm & means you can make cosmetics & perfume.

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Mon May 11, 2009 3:53 am

"Ishtar" wrote:My starting city has cedar, and my 2nd city is gold.

2nd city has a jewelry maker, and I buy emeralds from the market. This supplies all my jewelry needs for palace upgrades since every upgrade needs lots.

Should my 3rd city be emeralds, or should I choose something else? Emeralds I can usually buy for 5 or 6 bread each, they are cheap!

:)

Why are you not trading your emeralds on the trade wall for gold? You can trade 100 emeralds for 100 gold, use MUCH less bread, and put your wheat and bread workers to work doing something else!

The resource decisions you make if you're not trading will be different than the ones you make if you are, so I'm not sure what I'd do were I you :)

Return to “General Discussion”