Trading across worlds

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Khabita

Trading across worlds

Postby Khabita » Thu May 14, 2009 2:03 am

Is this legal?

I've seen several posts and discussions in Sabah lately, where players are offering to sell goods in Sabah in exchange for goods in Theoris. (For example, Player A sends Player B 1000 kohl in Sabah, then Player B sends Player A 750 henna in Theoris.) The going rate seems to be that 75 percent of what's traded in Sabah is traded in Theoris.

It doesn't seem to me that it should be legal to do this, especially since so many players have huge amounts of goods in Sabah. But I'm not sure -- maybe it's perfectly okay, and I'm just being a Tinkerbell? (My new term for one who is maybe a tad too rigid with the rules of the game)

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Thu May 14, 2009 3:17 am

Have not seen any posted restrictions against this from TM.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu May 14, 2009 3:21 am

Yeah I haven't heard anything about that. I don't know whether it's against the rules. only Reed or someone else could answer that. I would put it in the same vein as trading for scarabs. Something that's allowed but I'd rather not do.

Be careful about insulting him, if you want to make an enemy of him prepare for retalitaion in later threads. ;)

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Thu May 14, 2009 8:39 am

I don't think you are trying to make your Mark, also to me it seems like a way of moving the game beyond the boundaries within it was set. So I come and mow your lawn and you send me five scarabs? Not fair, OK, so I mow your lawn, you give me a few dollars and I buy the scarabs.

This is a game of trading, if a lot of the exchange takes place in this forum, or at the local shopping mall, it is a sign there is a need for more facilities. So we got the scrolls and the trade wall. For most players that is (more than) enough, but there are always some who want to explore other options.

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Yeah, no word on it yet. I doubt it'll be something they'll try to enforce. But I wouldn't encourage it. I like being stinking rich in one word and poor in the other. That's why I'm playing on both at once, so I can have different experiences in each. I mean, what's the point in starting from scratch if you don't even intend to start from scratch...?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri May 15, 2009 3:38 am

My .02,

Really I don't think this would upset the world economy too much. I would not even try to 2nd guess TM/Reed or Tinkerbell ;)

I guess perhaps if someone was really pushing it, they could boost their stats pretty fast. Unfortunately this means that they will not play very long because they will finish too fast = less challenging = less fun = less potential spending of scarabs.

My guess is this should probably not be allowed but i would not want to try to enforce it. :eek:

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Fri May 15, 2009 6:57 am

Geeze man, when some enterprising young soul ramps four cities up to L22 and does nothing more than crank out raw and lux for PayPal, y'll are going to have conniptions. If he does this while occupying a space in the top ten, Tink may actually implode :)

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri May 15, 2009 7:06 am

"joshofet" wrote:I don't think you are trying to make your Mark, also to me it seems like a way of moving the game beyond the boundaries within it was set. So I come and mow your lawn and you send me five scarabs? Not fair, OK, so I mow your lawn, you give me a few dollars and I buy the scarabs.

maybe your evil Dutch eurocomputers accept bills you'd get from such a metaphor, but here in the States we still need credit and debit cards.

"darlingBri" wrote:Geeze man, when some enterprising young soul ramps four cities up to L22 and does nothing more than crank out raw and lux for PayPal, y'll are going to have conniptions. If he does this while occupying a space in the top ten, Tink may actually implode :)

*gasp* a Tink Dwarf? if his mass is greater than 1.4 solar masses he'll collapse into a neutron star. :D

Siptah
Location: Fürth, Germany | Immortal in Sabah | as Men Maat Ra in Sabah & Theoris now

Postby Siptah » Fri May 15, 2009 8:37 am

i just don't get folks doing this.... naturally it would come to my mind as a possibility but i would never even think of trying to attemp to do such stuff...

it just feels wrong instantly. everyone who does this has no sense of fairness in my opinion

complain at my parents about me in this case please.

Return to “General Discussion”