New player needing help

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
SenusretIII

New player needing help - RESOLVED! Thanks!

Postby SenusretIII » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:54 pm

I am not sure of the correct place to post a request for assistance. If this is improper, my apologies, and would an admin please relocate my post to the appropriate locale.

I am just getting started with NO. I have read both primers but have run into what appears to be a bug, but is probably due to some mistake of my own. I have upgraded my palace to level 2, and am running short of clay. I previously upgraded my clay pit to level 2 and have 3 out of a max of 9 workers there. Every time I attempt to increase my workers at my clay pit, nothing happens. And the upgrade page still asks me to upgrade to level 2.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by SenusretIII on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Issue resolved

Meekhanumh

Postby Meekhanumh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 pm

Can you post a screenshot?

SenusretIII

Postby SenusretIII » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:46 pm

This is a cropped SS of my village so far with the popup showing the level and number of workers.
And this is what it looks like when I click on the clay pit.
It still asks me to upgrade to level 2 and no matter how many times I try to increase the workers, it still only lets me have 3out of 5, even though the picture above shows that I have 3 of 9. Go figure...

I have 12 workers available at the moment. I have tried logging out and logging back in, clearing cache and cookies, and none of that has worked. So is there some special requirement to increase the workers at the clay pit

abana

Postby abana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 pm

It doesn't show, you have laborers available? The laborers are are directly under "Units" the first number is the number availale(you need to have some there), and the number in the parenthesies is the total number in your city.

SenusretIII

Postby SenusretIII » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Yes, I have several (10) available.
I understand the basic concept, it just refuses to let me add workers to the clay pit. It will, however let me take them away! I tried to remove the workers and it dropped it down to just 1 !!! HEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!

abana

Postby abana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Yes, they are available. For now, I would say, take the workers out of the pottery, and bricks untill you aren't getting red in clay, I am going to send you some clay. Can you buy any from the market? If the "net gain" numbers are red, your bricks and Potery production suffer, I would also put some of those reed up for sale, you don't want the quantity to be orange, that means that you can't store any more, and the workes are in the field, you are paying them, but they don't produce any.

SenusretIII

Postby SenusretIII » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 pm

OK I will take the workers out of pottery and brick for now. Also put 50 reed up for sale. Thanks for the advice. Let's see if this thing fixes itself.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Putting them out of production to raise your clay number will bring you out of the red, but I doubt it will help you on your level discrepancy.

Please open a thread with your bug description in the bug forum, and make sure to copy your debug info line (at the bottom of your page) and post it along.

This sounds clearly as a bug to me, and Reed should be noticed of it.

As for your current problem, it's nice to hear that others already jumped to help to keep your production running :)

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 pm

What browser are you using?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Howdy, SenusretIII!

This is the weirdest claim I have ever seen! :eek: Have you tried upgrading your clay pit to try to get your images into synch?

You are still early with your account & perhaps deleting it & starting over should be considered, but don't do anything that drastic right now.

abana

Postby abana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:37 pm

I sent him some clay, I suspect that he might have been using IE(and we allknow how well that works).

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:42 pm

"abana" wrote:I sent him some clay, I suspect that he might have been using IE(and we allknow how well that works).

I had no problems with IE7. I went Rank 10 Immortality in Sabah I with Quad P22s with IE7. No problems with IE8 either that I installed mid-Theoris.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abana

Postby abana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:50 pm

Most of my problems with IE7 were minor(the only one that I remember, was that I couldn't delete the account). My problems with IE8 were system problems. If I closed a window, the whole program **** down. I couldn't use my address book in Yahoo, I couldn't uplaod an attatchment in my Yahoo, and I know that it wasn't a problem with Yahoo, I had the problem whenever I was using IE, but never when I was using Firefox.

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:59 pm

The biggest problem with IE is it won't run Greasemonkey and AE's script. :D

Yeah, that looks like a bug and should be reported in the bug forum as suggested earlier.

abana

Postby abana » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:18 am

I just got a scroll from SenusetIII, he said that he is using Firefox. But he said that in another thread it was recomended that the person update Java, so he is trying that. I told him that if it dousn't work, he should file a BUG report. And if it does, he should post that here, in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

SenusretIII

Postby SenusretIII » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 am

OK, I stepped out for a bit, just got back and read the latest posts.
First, thanks to all who helped, especially Abana.
Second, I haven't used IE for 4 years, thanks. I am a dedicated FF fan.
I am updating my Java as well, as I haven't done that for too long. Probably gotta restart browser(whole comp?) after it completes. Then we shall see.
If all that fails, I will then post the bug report as suggested here and per the instructions stickied on the Bug forum.
Third thing, this sure isn't Travian! Noone helps like this in Travian unless they are part of the same alliance. I only started playing NO last night and it is VERY different. But a good different.
Thanks again to all who had ideas.
SenusretIII

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:26 am

I sure do hear a lot of claims about IE sucking, but every time I see an actual problem, Firefox comes up.

:D

SenusretIII

FIXED!!! (Long-winded Oscar speech included)

Postby SenusretIII » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:03 am

OK. First, to reply to the latest post. I choose not to use IE firstly, because it is a gateway for countless virii and other attacks into a WinXP system like mine and secondary to that, MS seems to think that its products should all be for the lowest common denominator, with little to no consideration for the fact that there are countless people that don't need to have their hand held while they operate a computer. I understand that it is nothing more than a business model, but I don't care for their product. As far as it capacity to create a vacuum... I cannot say.

Now, on with the show!
I allowed Java Update to run for the first time in many months. Wonder of wonders there were several updates that I had missed, surprise-surprise!
After allowing it to update and then restarting my browser with the attendant cache and cookie clearing, I logged back on to NO.
First thing I noticed was that my clay pit was now showing 1/9 workers. I immediately clicked it and then clicked the far right arrow icon for maxxing out the laborers. Then I reloaded the page and *BOO-YAH* :D we are back in business.

I am glad I didn't post this as a bug report. It was all due to my Java machine needing to be updated.

If I were to suggest anything to Reed or Fiske, it would be that they include that at the very beginning of the sticky on the Bug reports page. Something along the lines of : 1. Are you running the most current version of your browser? 2. Have you allowed all OS updates for your particular machine? 3. Are you running the latest version of Java from http://www.java.com? If your answer to any of the first three questions was no, go take care of things until your answers are all yes. Then proceed to post the bug report. Or maybe that isn't really necessary. Maybe I shouldn't have let my Java get so far outdated by disabling auto-update function. :o

Problem resolved. Thanks to all who had ideas, and a big hat tip to Abana for the clay.

Thanks all,
SenusretIII

Return to “General Discussion”