Raise your hand if your significant other got you into Nile Online...

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Pocket Nerd

Raise your hand if your significant other got you into Nile Online...

Postby Pocket Nerd » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:55 am

My girlfriend got me started on Nile Online. A real-life friend of mine also plays— and his wife got him into it. And a few days ago, a nome neighbor mentioned to me that his (or her) spouse got him (or her) playing.

Extrapolating from such a tiny sample size makes for lousy statistics, but now I'm curious: How many of you picked up on Nile Online because a spouse or significant other pointed it out to you? (And how many of you have introduced a significant other to NO?)

lisfyre

Postby lisfyre » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Sorry, newb here just started today. Is that allowed? I would love to get my husband playing this game. We usually play the same games online. But we got banned recently from a game. We were in the same alliance, we were trading with each other and we were helping each other when we would be attacked. We were doing that for weeks when all of a sudden we get banned. We explained we're in the same house on a network and that we were doing this for weeks and no one said anything and now we're banned.

They said well ok, you guys can play again but you can't help each other out if one is being attacked. And of by the way, since we banned you and now we're unbanning you, you get to start from scratch all over again!!! Needless to say, we quit playing that game.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Welcome to Nile Online, lisfyre!

You landed very close to me & there are no such problems with you & your hubby playing together & even helping each other out if being attacked.

Have Fun! :)

lisfyre

Postby lisfyre » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Oh cool... good to know that. Thanks for the welcome Tinkerbell :)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:04 am

Welcome and hope you two have fun. I got my roommates playing so there are 4 of us in the house. We trade all the time but mostly we all trade with other people. It's the community that makes Nile Online special and really it's the trading on the wall that makes you realize how and why.

:cool:

Pocket Nerd

Postby Pocket Nerd » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 am

"lisfyre" wrote:Sorry, newb here just started today. Is that allowed? I would love to get my husband playing this game. We usually play the same games online. But we got banned recently from a game. We were in the same alliance, we were trading with each other and we were helping each other when we would be attacked. We were doing that for weeks when all of a sudden we get banned. We explained we're in the same house on a network and that we were doing this for weeks and no one said anything and now we're banned.

They said well ok, you guys can play again but you can't help each other out if one is being attacked. And of by the way, since we banned you and now we're unbanning you, you get to start from scratch all over again!!! Needless to say, we quit playing that game.
Urgh. Sorry about that. I'm a relative newcomer to NO as well, so I can't advise you on the multiple-accounts-per-IP policy, but my SO and I have both been playing for several weeks with no problem. Judging from other posts in this thread, it doesn't sound like it's a big issue.

Anyway, welcome to Nile Online! I hope you have fun... and I hope your husband joins too! (One of us! One of us! Gabba gabba we accept you!)

Oregon Taz

Postby Oregon Taz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:16 pm

You are expected to help your spouse in NO as far as trading goes (and outright gifts!). But you can't help in a battle, in fact it's not possible.
So go ahead and enjoy the game, I love playing with my hubby.
And welcome to the forum - we're a friendly, helpful bunch here.

lisfyre

Postby lisfyre » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Ah, so let me test my understanding... not possible to bail each other out in raids or attacks from unfriendlies, able to trade with each other. OK.

Thanks for the welcome everyone and so far I'm ok. Just hit a bump in the road but I'm working on it :)

Noob Question - how do I look at the world map to see where I am and who my neighbours are?

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm

To see the area around you, look just below the main screen showing your city. You'll see something like below. The first name is for your "nome" which is the area you share with your neighbours, the second is your location north or south of the centre and the third is your city name.

Click the nome name (Setneteru in my case) and you will see the whole nome. In that view you can use the arrow buttons to scroll up and down and the - or + button to zoom out or in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lisfyre

Postby lisfyre » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Oh!!! So that's what a nome is :) LOL :) Thanks Ivy :)

Another noob question - Players dont' attack us only NPC's?
Last edited by lisfyre on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Other players cannot attack your cities. In fact your cities don't get attacked at all. Sometimes bandits may appear in your nome but they don't actually attack. (Probably your first day or two in the game is too early to explain the whole bandit scenario. :) )

However if you choose to take over monument plots, those can be attacked by other players.

Malkata

Postby Malkata » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Coming back to the thread origin, I started a couple of weeks ago but had browser issues (Firefox) like no scribe wall or information pop ups etc so deleted the account. I got my wife interested and she started. I watched how hers worked for a few days then I switched browser (IE7 :o ) and re-registered. We are many, many nomes apart so cannot really assist each other anyway.
As always she gets loads of support and will soon be sitting on top of the heap while I bumble through the nomes doing my own thing. :p

TheGoktor

Postby TheGoktor » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:07 am

Another newbie here too! My partner introduced me to NO last week. Both of us really like that our cities can't be attacked by other players, and that we can build up trade networks. I've no idea how well I'll do at this game but it's really cool to be able to play in a non-aggressive manner!

:D

Pocket Nerd

Postby Pocket Nerd » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:50 pm

"TheGoktor" wrote:Another newbie here too! My partner introduced me to NO last week. Both of us really like that our cities can't be attacked by other players, and that we can build up trade networks. I've no idea how well I'll do at this game but it's really cool to be able to play in a non-aggressive manner!

Welcome aboard!

SAC

Postby SAC » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:34 am

Aha, so it is okey then to have your spouse playing as well... Was a bit unsure there, but my spouse registered anyways - although I told her to stay away from the Wall and everything so we wouldn't get caught!

But she didn't listen to me and started to post the most embarrassing messages on the wall about wanting gifts and whatnot... And when I tried to reprimand her, she told me I could cook my own dinner 'cause she had way to much fun playing NO! :mad:

We're on the opposite side of the centre so it really doesn't make any difference having her onboard, unless anyone of us chooses to place a 2nd, 3rd or even a 4th city close to each other!

So anyways, it's allowed then?

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Yes, sure. I've heard of whole families playing. It's only forbidden to have multiple accounts for yourself.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:35 pm

"SAC" wrote:Aha, so it is okey then to have your spouse playing as well... Was a bit unsure there, but my spouse registered anyways - although I told her to stay away from the Wall and everything so we wouldn't get caught!

LOL

But she didn't listen to me and started to post the most embarrassing messages on the wall about wanting gifts and whatnot... And when I tried to reprimand her, she told me I could cook my own dinner 'cause she had way to much fun playing NO! :mad:

I got the very same response when I told the Sabah family on the wall I didn't want gifts.

We're on the opposite side of the centre so it really doesn't make any difference having her onboard, unless anyone of us chooses to place a 2nd, 3rd or even a 4th city close to each other!

If you want, definitely place your additional cities closer to each other.

So anyways, it's allowed then?

You bet it is! :)

...I like your wife!...lol...

SAC

Postby SAC » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks Tinkerbell! Quite a relief to know... Still, one of the questions discussed on the wall is about trading with family members - if it's okey or not... But I figure since we're allowed to have an account each, also trading between family members should be okey... or?

Yeah, my wife is something! Not sure if she fancy the idea of having her 2nd, 3rd or 4th city close to mine, but I can ask her! We're on separate computers soo... I might need to bribe her though... especially if I'm hungry... I'm completely useless when it comes to cooking...

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:54 pm

"SAC" wrote:Thanks Tinkerbell! Quite a relief to know... Still, one of the questions discussed on the wall is about trading with family members - if it's okey or not... But I figure since we're allowed to have an account each, also trading between family members should be okey... or?

Well, that is a sticky subject with me personally. There is what the game "allows" and what I call playing with Honor.

I believe there should be no gifting or pushing in the Honor game. My Son plays Nile & he has accounts in both worlds. In Sabah he is close & in Theoris he is far away. We basically play an independent game.

We trade fairly w/o gifting between us. However, I have gifted him a few scarabs. ;)

So, definitely! Trading between family members is absolutely fine in the Honor game. You bet!

Yeah, my wife is something! Not sure if she fancy the idea of having her 2nd, 3rd or 4th city close to mine, but I can ask her! We're on separate computers soo... I might need to bribe her though... especially if I'm hungry... I'm completely useless when it comes to cooking...

I believe she should play her own game however she wants. It sounds like she will! ;) :D

Have Fun!

EDIT: Gifting is something I believe is a curse on the game. It is a battle I am losing BADLY! LOL :D

I am just one player, adding my two pennies.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SAC

Postby SAC » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:44 pm

Well, have to admit I've been accepting gifts, but the reason is that it has proven to be difficult to find traders dealing in smaller amounts...

Return to “General Discussion”