Postby Mr Ears » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Positive:

Negative:
=> more riches -.-
=> no interaction
=> no challenge
=> no risk
=> no sink

Sorry people, but I guess the game is not meant to be for me...

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:19 pm

Positive:
=> a reason to check in at least twice a day.

=> feeding the collectors

=> fun to figure out the statistics

=> basis for more expansions?

Negative:
=> more riches

Huh? Luxware sink for shiny icons? how does this make anyone rich?

=> no interaction

True. I highly suggest to make these icons tradeable.

=> no challenge

Exactly what kind of "challenge" do you expect from an online game?

=> no risk

to risk 500 luxgoods for a pile of bricks is enough risk for me.

=> no sink

what do you want to sink?

"Mr Ears" wrote:Sorry people, but I guess the game is not meant to be for me...

Seems so.

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

I must admit I was kind of disappointed by the first install of the envoy mechanism too. It's a new toy, many seem to like it, and maybe further additions will add more to the game. There are plenty of ideas. With just one envoy I won't really be joining in the fun, so live long and prosper, hope to meet you in another life. :)

Pontius Pilatus

Hmm, not thrilled sofar.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:13 pm

This envoy thing is implemented the same dull timeconsuming way as all other events and does not give me excitement. Sent out a lot of those envoys and got 1 hit out of 12 sofar. Fine and now? What are these items worth ingame? Only rank(extremely secret how it is computed)? I am glad for this change, waited months for it. But if somebody could explain to me what this change changes to the game, I would be so grateful.
But it ain't necessarily so.

Jeff Fiske

Postby Jeff Fiske » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Already people are forgetting that prior to envoys there was no way to get scarabs without payment. (Even if you traded for them, someone had to pay for them at some point.)

In addition, you now have an opportunity if you wish to transfer excess lux goods into what is your most likely push back at certain points on your societies development path. (first bricks, and then very long construction times.)

While the quests are not going to make a huge impact to veterans at this time, you can imagine that to a new or even a short time player, they will make a huge difference in how they plan their growth and play the game.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Haven't thought particularly about the new player's perspective.

Valid points, admittedly.

So I, as a critic, have to agree. In this perspective quests indeed make a difference.

About the scarabs..... not that important to win scarabs..... if someone wants to open otions, they rather should be bought.
But I can understand they are a casual, rare goodie. Something you don't have to give away as a company, but what you're willing to give away. I acknowledge things like that make you one of the nicest, most likable companies around.

You do your things warmhearted, that truly makes you different. In some ways though the design is too safe and too kindhearted, I guess too much of an attempt to please everyone.

Okay, now we have quests. Makes sense in some ways. Maybe the next step could be to serve the not-so-soft side with features like implying unpredictable occasional sinks and of course PvP to make gameplay in an advanced stage of the game more exciting and challenging, actually to improve gameplay in any stage.

Many good suggestions have been made over the time. Particularly the recent improvement thread in the suggestion section is worth to take a glance at... ;)
Many users thinking about what the game needs and a lot of useful stuff to find.
Last edited by Mr Ears on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Psilocybin

Postby Psilocybin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:14 am

Quests should be lot of help for me personally since I was at 1 city a week ago and founded 3 more since. The speed bonus will be great for my cap, and I can't have enough bricks ever since I decided to expand.

My only concern is if there'll be a brick glut on the trade wall. How is it in Sabah? Does the construction bonus balance it out?
Last edited by Psilocybin on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

abana

Postby abana » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:19 am

You can't get a construction bounus untill you have 6 envoys, that means level 22 for the capital. I havn't noticed much more bricks, yet.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:12 pm

And really the cost of goods is about equal between the lux goods spent and the bricks received. There should not be much of a glut on the market but only time will tell.
:)
:cool:

Khabita

Postby Khabita » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm a veteran (have played in Sabah twice, and just started my second life in Theoris), and I am totally enjoying the quests. I think what I like most is that you have no idea what your envoys are going to come back with. (Mine keep coming back with bricks, but then I just beat them with a stick and make them go out again!) It's like a little piece of Las Vegas in Ancient Egypt!

:p

amaiden

Postby amaiden » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:13 am

You know it is a little disheartening, when some people seem to find a ton of stuff and others can go on 50+ quests and find nothing. Why should a select few get a rank break, especially when it seems those finding items(with a few exceptions) are also the ones getting bandits which also increases their rank. Why is Tilted Mill, so intent on punishing most of its players, and continuing to find new ways to reward its selected privilege players.

Pontius Pilatus

Well, that's wat a lottery is about!

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 pm

What do you mean? Selection? Privilege? You suffer reversed paranoia, you know. Nobody is privileged. You win or lose, but it is all chance. The fact you did not gain sofar, doesn't mean others who did were privileged. It's a lottery, your time will come, just keep sending the envoys. ;)
But it ain't necessarily so.

amaiden

Postby amaiden » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:30 pm

I mean the game in all aspects should be equal for all with equal opportunity at all events

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Howdy, amaiden!

We have only had quests for less than a week in Sabah, a couple of days in Theoris. I really think it is a bit too soon to draw conclusions.

If it makes you feel any better, I am a miserable failure on Quests so far too (and I get plenty of bandits).

Sabah ~ 16 7 15 3 = 41 Quests = 16,850 lux <OMG> = 2 scarabs, 1 Flowers & 1 Linen

Keep hope alive! :)

...MONKEYS will be mine!...

Asterix~

Postby Asterix~ » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:51 pm

"amaiden" wrote:You know it is a little disheartening, when some people seem to find a ton of stuff and others can go on 50+ quests and find nothing. Why should a select few get a rank break, especially when it seems those finding items(with a few exceptions) are also the ones getting bandits which also increases their rank. Why is Tilted Mill, so intent on punishing most of its players, and continuing to find new ways to reward its selected privilege players.

You've obviously never played the lottery. Its pure luck and theres no 'selected players'. Do you really think the game would be more interesting if TM made it so every quest returned an item? No, it wouldn't. It would be boring as hell.

Anyway getting a scarab with this was a fantastic idea, because it really does give people a way to continue making cities even if they don't have the funding to buy a ton of scarabs. So I'm happy. (I did buy 10 scarabs though, and I'd recommend everyone does at least that)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:53 pm

WTT 2 Quest scarabs for MONKEYS !!!

LOL

;)

...ah don need no stinkin scarabs...

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:00 am

I can't believe this is turning into a whining thread -.-

Let me ask you a question: How much do you have in your warehouses? How much bread do you have? How many riches do you already have?

And you're really whining about not having collected more riches in the past couple days?

Cheers,
Ears

thechris

Postby thechris » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:04 am

/whine because i cant do quests :(

abana

Postby abana » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:11 am

So build up your capital

thechris

Postby thechris » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:16 am

i know you heard about my quad 1s

Return to “General Discussion”