Is it reasonable to build more then one building of a type?

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
abana
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 am

Postby abana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:56 am

Tink, I want respect from those that I respect, I have none for you, so I don't care what you think of me.

Pontius Pilatus
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:11 pm

Well thats 12 - 0

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:03 am

"PantherX" wrote:Honor is representative of your behavior and how you act. Most people are taught the basics of honor while growing up.
The Boy Scout Law has the basics..
* Trustworthy,
* Loyal,
* Helpful,
* Friendly,
* Courteous,
* Kind,
* Obedient,
* Cheerful,
* Thrifty,
* Brave,
* Clean,
* and Reverent.

But I believe above all else is Honesty.

Wait, what were we talking about again???



Against Tinkerbell.

So abana wins overwhelmingly. :p
But it ain't necessarily so.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 am

"abana" wrote:Tink, I want respect from those that I respect, I have none for you, so I don't care what you think of me.


LOL

You are obsessed with me & desperate for attention, child.

abana
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 am

Postby abana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:39 pm

You just don't get it, do you? There is a lot about you that I object to, but the only thing that I feel that I really have to do anything about is your posting style. Although you have said that you agree that anyone can play the game the way that they want, you continue to post that anyone who doesn't play your way is CHEATING, or that "this is the way to do it". In some cases you haven't done that. For instance, when it comes to multiple buildings of a type, you have said(every time) your reason for recommending that people not duplicate buildings. I disagree with your stand, but you are saying that it is your stand, you have a right to your opinion. When you present your opinion as fact, I take exception. Newer players haven't read your disclaimer that your Code of Honor is your personal policy, and because you are friendly to those new players(which I applaud), they often will see whatever you say as fact. In my own case, when you once told me that I was "letting the market own me", I took that as fact, and tried to change my style, that was the wrong move. Anyone should use whatever style works for them and they are comfortable with. As long as you continue to present your way as the "right" way, I will continue my campaign.

Should a player bake his own bread, or depend on market sales? Do you remember Mnemnon, she had cities way out in the boondocks, she wouldn't have been able to depend on market sales, there was no one to buy. If there is such a demand for your resource that you need to put all available workers in it, leaving bread and wheat short, as long as you have enough sales, you might be wise to depend on the marker to provide bread.

I know that it is very difficult for anyone to remember their disclaimer whenever they give advice, but if you aim for every time, you will probably do it enough.

Because you are so helpful to new players(and knowledgeable about a lot of game mechanics), you have an obligation to those new players to tell them what is fact, and what is your opinion. If you don't do that, I feel that it is my obligation to highlight that discrepancy.


I have a friend that sent you a gift. You jumped down his throat, "I have told people over and over. Posted it" etc. It doesn't matter, he hadn't read it. When I was a cashier, do you ave any idea how many times a day I had to explain how to swipe your ATM card? But it would be unfair of me to yell at a customer because he is asking. He hasn't heard it.

Fenehk
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Postby Fenehk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Wow, can a thread get any more off topic? Good job, Tink.

As for building more than one shop of the same type, I had two brickworks in two of my cities in Sabah, and my one Theoris city, and that worked out nicely. The cost of a building increases non-linearly, getting progressively more expensive the higher the level is, while the capacity increases in a linear fashion with each level. That makes it more cost efficient to have the buildings as low a level as possible.

However, because it all boils down to something you only have one of in each city (lux raw, wheat, clay, reed), the level of that one really limits how effective it is to have multiple shops. Recently, someone on the wall asked about having multiple bakeries, and I really wouldn't do that. I don't mind upgrading bakeries, but I DO mind upgrading the darn wheat field. It takes up even more time and laborers than the bakery does, and the bakery requires only bricks to upgrade, so I really don't think that's worth it. At least the brickworks require thousands of kohl per upgrade. I had a much, much harder time getting my hands on kohl than bricks, so that felt worth it to me. But I'm not sure I'd try it with anything but the brickworks.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:35 pm

"Fenehk" wrote:Wow, can a thread get any more off topic? Good job, Tink.


Say what?

Uh, blame abana. My first post was definitely on topic.

Question. What was abana's first post?

I'll wait for your reply...

abana
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 am

Postby abana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:42 pm

First post

"abana" wrote:Tink, for someone who professes to not care about rank, you sure talk about it a lot.


Second post

"abana" wrote:Did it ever occur to you that others might not care about rank, nor your unsolicited advice? Granted, the OP asked, but you soliloquize to anyone who will listen. Including many who don't. Ever notice that when you are on the wall, giving all of your advice, the posting by others comes to almost a complete standstill? Then when you leave, it picks back up again?


Third post

"abana" wrote:Tinkerbell, In my first post in this thread, I didn't ask a question. So there was nothing for you to answer.

My second post asks two questions that you have not answered, in fact, right after I made the post, I checked the wall. You had been the only poster for the previous 15 min. the posts had been close in the time stamp before that. When you started, everyone else got suddenly quiet, I submit that the word has gone out, "When the egotistical maniac shows up, everyone just stop replying to him, and the narcissistic fool will give up." Admittedly sometimes there are a few responses, but the traffic slows way down. I have observed several times that after you show up everyone else gets very quiet, you will have 5-6 posts in a row talking about how many envoys you have, the results from you last expedition, How you think that it is a great lux goods sink, etc., etc., etc. At those times, I was planning that I would just wait for you to catch on, but I now see that you are so stuck on yourself that you can't imagine that anyone would not want to hear your pearls. All of this on the Trade Wall, and aren't you the one who has gone ballistic about people chatting on the Trade Wall? That was rhetorical, I know that it was you.

I choose not to reveal my ingame name on either world, which is my right. Suffice it to say, that I have no plans to attack you, you are no challenge, you just run" I only have one account on either server. What are the names of your secondary accounts?


Fourth post

"abana" wrote:Tink, I want respect from those that I respect, I have none for you, so I don't care what you think of me.


Fifth post

"abana" wrote:You just don't get it, do you? There is a lot about you that I object to, but the only thing that I feel that I really have to do anything about is your posting style. Although you have said that you agree that anyone can play the game the way that they want, you continue to post that anyone who doesn't play your way is CHEATING, or that "this is the way to do it". In some cases you haven't done that. For instance, when it comes to multiple buildings of a type, you have said(every time) your reason for recommending that people not duplicate buildings. I disagree with your stand, but you are saying that it is your stand, you have a right to your opinion. When you present your opinion as fact, I take exception. Newer players haven't read your disclaimer that your Code of Honor is your personal policy, and because you are friendly to those new players(which I applaud), they often will see whatever you say as fact. In my own case, when you once told me that I was "letting the market own me", I took that as fact, and tried to change my style, that was the wrong move. Anyone should use whatever style works for them and they are comfortable with. As long as you continue to present your way as the "right" way, I will continue my campaign.

Should a player bake his own bread, or depend on market sales? Do you remember Mnemnon, she had cities way out in the boondocks, she wouldn't have been able to depend on market sales, there was no one to buy. If there is such a demand for your resource that you need to put all available workers in it, leaving bread and wheat short, as long as you have enough sales, you might be wise to depend on the marker to provide bread.

I know that it is very difficult for anyone to remember their disclaimer whenever they give advice, but if you aim for every time, you will probably do it enough.

Because you are so helpful to new players(and knowledgeable about a lot of game mechanics), you have an obligation to those new players to tell them what is fact, and what is your opinion. If you don't do that, I feel that it is my obligation to highlight that discrepancy.


I have a friend that sent you a gift. You jumped down his throat, "I have told people over and over. Posted it" etc. It doesn't matter, he hadn't read it. When I was a cashier, do you ave any idea how many times a day I had to explain how to swipe your ATM card? But it would be unfair of me to yell at a customer because he is asking. He hasn't heard it.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Yep, not one on-topic post from you abana.

You just like to start fights over your mindless meanderings & do-overs of lost past battles. Not to mention your constant serial & congenital lying & gossip.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Ears
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Anyville

Postby Mr Ears » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Okay, here's the ultimate city economics building scheme:

=> You need only 1 basket and pottery shop each in your entire empire. One each produces enough baskets/pots for 4 cities. And you don't wanna have both booths in one city.
In the beginning, when you have one city, then of course you have to have them both in one city, because you need these products right away.

=> As soon as your second city opens, you can destroy one of these shops in your capital and add it to your second city.
So now in both cities you'll have the first free space to build a second building of a kind and save bricks and resources. Now it's possible to have two brickworks each in both cities.
That is efficiency.
If one of your cities is a cedar city, you even have the opportunity to build 3
brickworks in one city. Or 2 brickworks and 2 bakeries.

=> Now in your third city, you save a basket shop and a pottery shop. You already have them in your empire. That gives you a lot of options already for your 3rd city. You can build 3 of a kind, or 2x2 of a kind. Or 2 lux shops.
So when you got to your third city, you can already have all the lux shops there are in the game.

=> In your 4th city, all options are open. In this city, you don't need basket production, pottery production, brick production. That saves you 3 of 5 plots.
If the 4th city is a cedar city, you don't even need a lux shop! In this case, you can actually use every plot for bakeries. 5 bakeries in one city, cause no other shop is needed. Cause what do the market people tell you all the time? You can never have enough bread. Cause bread is money. So there's nothing wrong about a 4 city empire with a third city with 4 bakeries and a 5th city with 5 bakeries.


@Tink, clear question:

When do you want me to teach you something about the use of military? :D
Last edited by Mr Ears on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

abana
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 am

Postby abana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Isn't the reason that you use for not duplicating buildings for rank?, mu first two posts wer directly addressing rank, third, fourth, and fifth posts were replying to you(and you still haven't answered the questions in them).

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:57 pm

"Mr Ears" wrote:@Tink, clear question:

When do you want me to teach you something about military use? :D


Patience, Ears. Your time will come.

I do have something though. I am fascinated by your relative high rank from pitiful palaces/cities. How high are your barracks? I think I have stumbled over a new rank hypothesis. I'm talking about your Mr Ears, Arnold, Arnold II & Wayne accounts. Not the sunburn account.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pontius Pilatus
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:11 pm

Mmm, so I was right earlier.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:00 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Yep, not one on-topic post from you abana.

You just like to start fights over your mindless meanderings & do-overs of lost past battles. Not to mention your constant serial & congenital lying & gossip.


Yeah Tink, that was a bit above your capabilities heh? They were complicated sentences, and that is difficult for you to read. You are after all the oneliner champion. You have even difficulty making sentences yourself, so when you just are lost about what you were gonna say you just spurt out "lies", or "dishonest" or "cheat". Your cuewords are a bit stale after so many use, but hey, saves on learning huh, Tink?
But it ain't necessarily so.

abana
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 am

Postby abana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:01 pm

And Tink, you still aren't replying, that infantile tactic isn't going to work this time.

Pontius Pilatus
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:11 pm

I was wondering about yours too?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:07 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Patience, Ears. Your time will come.

I do have something though. I am fascinated by your relative high rank from pitiful palaces/cities. How high are your barracks? I think I have stumbled over a new rank hypothesis.


And I have an elegant explanation for it. During the weekend I will bring you the story of your success. :cool:

If you don't want to hear it, you can still delete your account before that. I have the compromising screenshots allready, so the public will have it's entertainment with or without you. I have your number, smartypants. :D
But it ain't necessarily so.

Mr Ears
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Anyville

Postby Mr Ears » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi @Tink!

Pitiful palaces???? I have triple lv.22, my friend! ;)

And about your other question...... I am happy to share every information of my cities with the world..... everything except the barracks situation.

That would give everybody information about my defense power and possibly about my whole strategy to secure my properties. I'd be stupid if I revealed the only critical information this game has.

:D

@Pontius: Does that mean you're still investigating something?

The forum community is dying for results... :D
Last edited by Mr Ears on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:16 pm

"Mr Ears" wrote:Hi @Tink!

Pitiful palaces???? I have triple lv.22, my friend! ;)


I'm not talking about the sunburn account.

And about your other question...... I am happy to share every information of my cities with the world..... everything but the barracks situation.


Just the answer I was looking for.

Thank You!

:D

For those playing along, the palace is #1 in rank, followed by native luxmat at #2. TM wanted a PvP game, so it only makes sense that barracks would be the #3, 4 & 5 in rank.

I believe I now have that evidence.

Mr Ears
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Anyville

Postby Mr Ears » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:26 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Just the answer I was looking for.

Thank You!

:D


No way!!! You can't read something that I didn't write! I did not give you any information!!

(maybe some time after going immortal I'll let you know)

:D

For those playing along, the palace is #1 in rank, followed by native luxmat at #2. TM wanted a PvP game, so it only makes sense that barracks would be the #3, 4 & 5 in rank.


I personally would consider the warehouse, the bakery and the market at #2 before luxmats and barracks.

But only TM knows the answer.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:31 pm

"Mr Ears" wrote:No way!!! You can't read something that I didn't write! I did not give you any information!!


I'm psycho!

:D

Asterix~
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 1:55 am
Location: Seattle, Wa

Postby Asterix~ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:36 pm

This thread is entertaining.

Interesting about the barracks, but shouldn't it be palace first, followed by what items you have? i.e. bread, kohl, sandals, etc.

abana
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 am

Postby abana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:50 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:I'm psycho!

:D


Just remember, you said it, I didn't.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests