Is it reasonable to build more then one building of a type?

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:01 pm

"abana" wrote:Just remember, you said it, I didn't.

Poor, poor, abana

You never have been able to catch mah drift.

I never let English interfere with a really kewl looking or sounding wurd.

If the definition doesn't fit, I change the definition.

:D

My posts can be very subtle & definitely multilayered. You do binary & definitely gloss. That is your problem.

abana

Postby abana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Yes, Tink, I know that you will change the definition to suit. You will also change the rules if you want. Unfortunately, you live in a world with other people, that means complying with society's rules, not society complying with yours.

Asterix~

Postby Asterix~ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:36 pm

"abana" wrote:Yes, Tink, I know that you will change the definition to suit. You will also change the rules if you want. Unfortunately, you live in a world with other people, that means complying with society's rules, not society complying with yours.

In this case, though, Tinkerbell is the voice of whatever society there is on this forum as a whole, representing reason, order, and clear thought. As such, you are more likely to have to comply with society's rules, and not Tinkerbell, who is likely to make the rules.

This thread is tl;dr, but at least theres some proper drama going on, not some pathetic excuses for it (see Sabah forum). And its more entertaining.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 pm

"abana" wrote:Yes, Tink, I know that you will change the definition to suit. You will also change the rules if you want. Unfortunately, you live in a world with other people, that means complying with society's rules, not society complying with yours.

It went totally over your head, didn't it.

You crack me up, abana.

You also don't do humour very well.

Question? You a two-time bush voter?

Pontius Pilatus

I'm puzzled.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:08 pm

"Asterix~" wrote:In this case, though, Tinkerbell is the voice of whatever society there is on this forum as a whole, representing reason, order, and clear thought. As such, you are more likely to have to comply with society's rules, and not Tinkerbell, who is likely to make the rules.

This thread is tl;dr, but at least theres some proper drama going on, not some pathetic excuses for it (see Sabah forum). And its more entertaining.

Tinkerbell is the voice of anything other than just himself? He is the voice of the forum? :eek:

You mean, even if I show him off as the fraud that he is, it will not be published here. It will be censored. So he is the real king here and I didn't realize before. OMG I was deluded we are in a free society and this forum is free too. So I am wasting my time. Everybody knew allready Tink was a cheat, but they let him because he was the king, and you don't cross the king?

Where do you come from silly, you really think we believe that BS?
Last edited by Pontius Pilatus on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But it ain't necessarily so.

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Seems both of you missed my point...

Protip: When someone accuses you of derailing a topic, DON'T reply to them regarding the derailing of the topic! If it wasn't off-topic already, it WILL be if you do that.

Unfortunately, I'm now making myself guilty of the very thing I'm pointing out, but I had to make it clear what I meant with my other post. Were I a moderator, or if this was another forum, this thread would've been locked by now. The actual discussion is apparently over.

abana

Postby abana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:22 pm

I think that the topic has been covered in this thread.

1) Level of your buildings player into rank, so having multiple low level buildings can hurt it.

2) The lower level upgrades are faster, so the building will be completed sooner(that could have a positive effect on rank).

3) You only get 5 shop plots per city, so you will have to sacrifice something to do that.

thechris

Postby thechris » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

LOL TM could make a video of this stuff and sell it

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:36 am

Back to the original question, for a moment.

Of course it's possible, but it's usually not very efficient. The main reason it's not efficient is that it is difficult (time-consuming) to feed all your cities constantly the raw materials needed -- triply so for wheat and bakeries. The travel time between cities is also a factor that discourages multiples of the same building.

The above mostly applies for raw materials that are difficult/slow to obtain, such as raw luxury resources and wheat! (you need a lot of wheat for bread!) Whether a building is upgradable easily or not is another issue. It costs a lot less to upgrade to have two buildings with 100 laborers in each than one building with 200 laborers total.

Brickworks can be built 2x, as can bakeries. (but only if extra wheat is readily available due to close cities) Luxury resources--you can make them fast enough, and there's usually little point to selling them, so I never go double on those buildings. In the beginning of this game (OVER A YEAR AGO!), it was sometimes profitable to build lux buildings and sell the return on the market, but not any more...

Bonuses in raw lux is best, because you can't build two of your raw lux mine/farm and it's always in demand on the market--anyone can build any lux building!

abana

Postby abana » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:20 pm

I have never had a problem supplying an extra bakary with wheat, I'll send scrolls to new players and tell them that I willl buy wheat at 0.4. It doesn't take long and there will be some small lots up there, they need bread for thos first upgades, and they can produce the wheat pretty fast. As time goes on, tho sell orders get bigger, and I have a steady supplier. I have also developed a good relationship for whatever their raw material is.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:27 pm

"abana" wrote:I have never had a problem supplying an extra bakary with wheat, I'll send scrolls to new players and tell them that I willl buy wheat at 0.4. It doesn't take long and there will be some small lots up there, they need bread for thos first upgades, and they can produce the wheat pretty fast. As time goes on, tho sell orders get bigger, and I have a steady supplier. I have also developed a good relationship for whatever their raw material is.

You can do it, but it takes a lot more time versus just having one. When you say "small lots" that indicates you're basically at 22/22/22/22 or somewhere there. When you're growing, and IF you want to grow quickly, the wheat just does not come in quickly enough. Two is borderline, though... four bakeries is insane!

Return to “General Discussion”