My Theoris II Juggernaut now has fought 15 Glorious offensive battles

...killed no one...

<bows>

:D

tadrlz

Status

Postby tadrlz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Mr Ears ... (lol)
Pharaoh sunburn (Rank: 153) (High: 141) (Age: 53 years)

If you are ready to apologize for your failure to acknowledge me as your superior, it is too late:

Pharaoh Urukagina (Rank: 5) (High: 5) (Age: 57 years)

I have 20,000 Soldiers ready to acquisition your Monuments and am calling you out to make good on your threats to attack me.... else it remains evident your you are a blowhard ... or should I say what many have stated to you previously: " you clueless clown " Ha lol Word!

Come get some or acknowledge your place in society as an unTrustworthy peasant.

:cool:

mobius

Postby mobius » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:44 pm

"Asterix~" wrote:A webpage collects information about your IP and ISP as you visit it. Anything more then that without specific agreement from you is illegal (not to mention impossible without some form of hacking).

Its fairly simple to avoid detection.

I'm not sure about the legal part of it. It doesn't take hacking to get info from a pc.

Anyways, 2 accounts on the same pc is usually limited in some way. Other game allow pre-defined standard trades but can't give. Not sure if that is a rule for NO but usually for most browser games that I've encountered.

The monument cheating is easily avoided. A couple of suggestions have been made.
1. No monument attacking until obtaining a palace of level 11. This prevents the create and delete attacks.
2. Auto kill all current reinforcing troops when a monument has changed hands.

Either one will stop giving soldiers to the new player. Combining the two will shut it completely down.

SlipperyJim

Postby SlipperyJim » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:30 pm

"mobius" wrote:I'm not sure about the legal part of it. It doesn't take hacking to get info from a pc.

Asterix posted a few months ago ... but he's still wrong. :D

Your web browser reveals a lot more than just your IP address. I won't go into the details, but they're easy enough to find via Google. Anyway, you are a lot less anonymous on the Web than most people think. No "hacking" required.

That said, there are still ways to fool the detection systems. I'm not going to talk about those details either, but (again) Google will show you the way. Basically, it's an "arms race" between the slippery devils who want to stay hidden and the folks who want to find them. Neither side has a clear-cut winner, nor will they.

I've played a few other browser games before NO, and they all had similar rules. One account per person, period. Some games would let you bypass that rule if you paid them some money. Anyway, the folks who run those games always had good methods for spotting the cheats, and they (usually) dealt with them.

The trick is paying attention. If TM is willing to pay enough attention, they can bust the cheaters. If not, then the cheaters will continue to get away with their cheating....

Pontius Pilatus

Multiple computers and a measure of discipline is all it takes.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm

"SlipperyJim" wrote:Asterix posted a few months ago ... but he's still wrong. :D

Your web browser reveals a lot more than just your IP address. I won't go into the details, but they're easy enough to find via Google. Anyway, you are a lot less anonymous on the Web than most people think. No "hacking" required.

That said, there are still ways to fool the detection systems. I'm not going to talk about those details either, but (again) Google will show you the way. Basically, it's an "arms race" between the slippery devils who want to stay hidden and the folks who want to find them. Neither side has a clear-cut winner, nor will they.

I've played a few other browser games before NO, and they all had similar rules. One account per person, period. Some games would let you bypass that rule if you paid them some money. Anyway, the folks who run those games always had good methods for spotting the cheats, and they (usually) dealt with them.

The trick is paying attention. If TM is willing to pay enough attention, they can bust the cheaters. If not, then the cheaters will continue to get away with their cheating....

Anybody with access to more than one computer and ISP can escape all detection.
I for example can access more than 5 computers and ISP's. Now if I keep all accounts neatly separated in their own computers and ISP's there is no way to detect multiple accounting, though suspicion based on similar location can still do me in. Still, I cannot be proven out.

BTW as far as I know there is no rule against familymembers playing the game on one single PC connected by one ISP, provided they have separate e-mail adresses, so the whole above is pretty moot too.

Cheers!

Edit: I have 12 e-mail adresses that I can use.
Last edited by Pontius Pilatus on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But it ain't necessarily so.

thechris

Postby thechris » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:15 am

why do you have 5 comps and 12 emails?
hummm

Pontius Pilatus

Now why could that be?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:54 am

Some people work with computers, instead of just play. ;)
But it ain't necessarily so.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:02 am

Everyone here has 1000's of email addresses. Yahoo/google and offshoots offer free email addresses, most without confirmed email verification. I think it's all about how much work you want to make it.

And there are quite a few ways to mask your IP#'s if you care to do it ;)

The only way to catch a cheater is watch them, it's the behavior that will give them away, every-time.

Not that I really know anything about it. :cool:

When playing Monopoly, ever wonder why the person playing banker will win most often? :rolleyes:

thechris

Postby thechris » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:35 pm

LOL i noticed that 2 pather lol(the monoply part)
i think its because when your playing with kids the oldest/ problay the best at managment/most experience/best at math will be the banker :eek:

lol i wonder why this thread goes on...

CONGRATZ Pontius Pilatus you posted something relevent

PantherX

I wonder....

Postby PantherX » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Looking at Human behaviors I wonder what percentages are...
You find a wallet on the street... $200 cash, 3 credit cards, misc forms of ID including the owners phone number and or address.

Honest above all else - This person would turn in the wallet to the police or contact the owner and return the entire contents.

Honest when there is some risk - Would turn in the wallet and cards but keep the cash.

Slightly dishonest - Would keep the cash but just throw away the wallet and contents.

Mostly dishonest - Would keep the cash, use the cards quickly and throw away the wallet.

Dishonest - Would steal the wallet from your pocket.

Hard core criminal - Would kidnap you to steal your credit cards and torture you for your pin codes to empty your accounts.

I searched google and found http://www.wallettest.com/ :D

Ramiz
Location: Theoris » Osirisxeru (87N) » Inferno /// Bosnia and Herzegovina » Sarajevo

Postby Ramiz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:46 pm

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:Some people work with computers, instead of just play. ;)

Ijust play and listen to music and watch the pics

this thread tilts mills?

Asterix~

Postby Asterix~ » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:35 am

I was actually curious to see what happened between Ears and this Urukagina character. Lots of macho posturing. Looks dead. Well thats the price I pay for randomly reading old threads, I guess.

Return to “General Discussion”