Quad 1s !!!

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
PantherX
Posts: 1113
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Beautiful Monterey Bay California

Postby PantherX » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:26 am

Cracked me up when he complained about it ;)

Anyone remember the magazine Cracked?
:cool:

Mr Ears
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Anyville

Postby Mr Ears » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:11 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:That's why in my post I said no "coordinated" market activity & you only bought a few lots of 100 each. It cracked me up


I thought he only sold & bought in big lots - how else could he gain all the 80k luxes and all the other stuff with just 50 purchases? Certainly not by buying in lots of 100, no? The antagonisms in your story become more and more... :D

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:37 am

i said i buyed in big lots? can you plz quote?
i only sell in big, if i only bought big, how could i get the best deals?
some are small good deals,

and i didnt buy ALL the lux, notice the current debt of 30k :p

edit: i found a cool new option!!
Mr Ears
This message is hidden because Mr Ears is on your ignore list.

im keepin it untill he says stuff productive, i cant find a SINGLE post thats positive in anyway from him, if you find one plz quote it, your lucky if you find 1 and ill be extremely surpized if you find 3 or more
Last edited by thechris on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:02 am

my favorite quote because it ended a thread that ears destroyed.....

if you have nothing nice to say shut the hell up

Mr Ears
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Anyville

Postby Mr Ears » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:18 am

"thechris" wrote:and i didnt buy ALL the lux, notice the current debt of 30k :p


In his earlier version it was *raw mats* that he owed... ;)

"thechris" wrote:ahh yes i do owe 30k of any raw mat


"thechris" wrote:i had to sell sell sell


Yeah, sell, sell, sell. And on his record are 79 sales...

It all gets more and more believable with every new version of the story... ;)

Taboo
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Postby Taboo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am

A person who does not trust others must also not be trusted themselves.

What are your motivations again?
It boils down to a childish tantrum, you hate tink so much that you are willing to do everything you can to discredit one of his friends.
Why should i take anything you say as honest or unbiased? :rolleyes:

"mobius" wrote:The quad 1s is all fine but claiming it as a victory is a bit premature while having a debt of 30k raw mats.


Agreed

Chris you should have waited until you paid off all your loans, that way most of this would have been avoided.

The people who are pulling statistics out of their ass would still argue you accomplished it too quickly. This is because you really have four cities working to pay off your fourth city, instead of three.

all of the earlier math posters assumed you had three cities and didn't take the loans into account.
that's why I laughed when youknowwho said I didn't understand basic math
Last edited by Taboo on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Caprontos
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Postby Caprontos » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:24 pm

thechris, Good job :D next is a occ with all level 22 buildings but with a level one palace? :P haha

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:09 pm

AHH good news everyone, the 30k has been payed off, dont worry my 4th had nothing to do with it, it has no ships to send stuff yet :p

i had all the stuff before i upgraded cap,(for the loan) but just needed ships :D

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:11 pm

"Caprontos" wrote:thechris, Good job :D next is a occ with all level 22 buildings but with a level one palace? :P haha

lol no, im going OCC with 1 city and 3 lvl 1 citys, its harder because i get no starting scarabs :(

Mr Ears
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Anyville

Postby Mr Ears » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:18 pm

"Taboo" wrote:Why should i take anything you say as honest or unbiased? :rolleyes:


Because I provide hard facts. It's that simple.
All the antagonisms I've shown are clearly proven antagonisms.
The maths and the figures on his records are hard facts.
If you refuse to acknowledge hard facts, you're living in your own world.
But that's your free choice - if you wanna live in your dream world, feel comfortable to do that. No problem with me :)
But don't blame me (and others, too, by the way) for disturbing you by naming some unpleasant facts that would not fit into your tiny own world ;)

all of the earlier math posters assumed you had three cities and didn't take the loans into account.


Which version are you talking about now? The 30k raw mats or the 30k lux goods? :D
Either way, even with the loan included in the calculations it's still by far not enough to build four cities under the known circumstances.

that's why I laughed when youknowwho said I didn't understand basic math


I understand that the maths in your dream world work a bit different than in the real world... :D
Whatever....it's like telling someone that 2+2=4 but he wouldn't agree...
Here's my advice for you: Put me on your ignore list, that way your little cosy own world will get more resistant against being harmed by more of those evil little hard facts I provide... :D

Wanna hear the next antagonism of this whole story? Here it comes...

"thechris" wrote:thats how i managed to get all but the bread, the bread was the hardest part, i had to sell sell sell, i basicly put all my workers to the mines(besides 1 or 2 for the exchange)


Got it? 1 or 2 for the exchange. Let's claculate. Let's make it 2 dockworkers, working around the clock, plus a permanent production bonus averaging 15%.
Well, then 2 workers will build 2.76 ships per 24 hours.
How many ships will you need for founding 4 cities?
3+25+250 = 278 ships total
2 workers under optimized preconditions need almost 101 days to build the required ships.
Now, here we have the next oddity in this story (which really is a fantasy story):
If you take his story for granted, he needed *minimum* 101 days only to build the ships. But the time he founded his 4th city he was only 70 days old... :D

Question, Tink: Why do you have a long record of accusing everyone in the forums to be cheating, *but here in this case* you don't even question this totally inconsistent story? Hmm? :D
You don't have to answer this, Tink. It was more of a statement than a question... ;)
Last edited by Mr Ears on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:34 pm

<facepalm>
<feeling like im trying to explain this to my lil nephew who is 2>

ya, do i need to put each new fact on a seprete line so they dont confuse simple minded people?

ok lets start,
you provide hard facts WRONG
EXAMPLE: (ears) i give you(tink) 100k of anything if you take my monuments.
tink takes a monument and look! no goods.

ahh lets see whats next:
i said and i didnt buy ALL the lux, notice the current debt of 30k BRONZE(i said bronze eailer so lets insert that word to see if it makes sence!) YAY your not a complete idoit.

after dat:
i put all my workers to boat building AFTER i got all the bread so i built just ships, i needed some before then for trading and thats where the 1 or 2 came in.

and fiannly
totally inconsistent story? WORNG whats inconsisitent in it besides small inimportant things, why do you always leave out the inprotant stuff that backs up my story yumm?

srry if i make simple errors like leaving out the word BRONZE in some statment that I ALREADY STATED :eek:

P.S.

if you have nothing nice to say shut the hell up

P.S.S. can someone plz quote 3 positive posts from him? he has a lot so it shouldnt be to hard ;)

sakasiru
Posts: 1968
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:26 am
Location: Germany

Postby sakasiru » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:16 pm

"Taboo" wrote:Agreed

Chris you should have waited until you paid off all your loans, that way most of this would have been avoided.



Um, it waasn't Chris who announced his win, it was Tink who saw it first and didn't know it wasn't all payed yet. Chris clearly said he still had depts then.

Tinkerbell
Posts: 5415
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

"thechris" wrote:lol no, im going OCC with 1 city and 3 lvl 1 citys, its harder because i get no starting scarabs :(


Nice new goal!

Good Luck! :)

...someone is now gonna get envoys...<g>...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taboo
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Postby Taboo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Let me restate my point as simple as I can

lets pretend for a moment that with the optimum play style and best strategy that each level one city can make 10 bread per day
(actually lets take out all variables)

lets also pretend that a single player has three level one cities cities, which means 30 bread per day.

lets pretend that he is after a 4th lvl 1 city (god knows why) and it will cost him 100 bread

that means it will take 3 days (3.33 actually) to get to his goal
(not including the construction time for the city.)

under normal circumstances these simple numbers would be correct, and don't get me wrong, Salju's were correct as far as I cared to read them. (it was thanksgiving and I had better things to do)


here is where I disagree

lets say somebody decided to "loan" this player the 100 bread he needed in exchange for something in the future of equal value (maybe goods)

now this player has 4 cities and a debt of 100 bread

as you and I both know, four cities making 10 bread each will pay off 100 bread faster than three cities. that means the original math is not accurate.
2.5 days if my half asleep brain counted right (3.33 - 2.5 = 0.83)
.83 of a day was cut off the time!

another scenario was that he was given a -loan- for his second and third city too! that would mean he progressed to four cities very quickly and will repay the total cost of all 4 cities (his -loan-) even faster than if he had no loans.

this could cut a serious amount of time off the original total of 3.33 days

that is what I was trying to say, and yes I have suspicions about the claims made in this thread as well.
obviously 'real' game numbers and variables will change a lot but I believe my basic point still stands

I am NOT concerned about the common/raw/lux good slip of the tongue/fingers at all really and for now I am ignoring the market sales tab until Sakasiru and her unnamed partner post their results after she goes immortal.
I know the developers said it did, but things can change quickly in an online game.

what is concerning me is "since when has he been receiving these -loans-, did he get them during his first, his second, or only since his third city?"

Another concern I have is whether "loaning" is fair play or not, it is true that he can repay equal value, but as I pointed out above, it is easier and faster to repay these -loans- when you have 4 cities already. It would have been more time consuming and -challenging- if he had not received anything -gift- or -loan-

I am still congratulating Thechris that he was the first player that I know of with 4 lvl 1 cities, fair or not, it is a fact.

But I think the title of "first to get 4 lvl 1 cities without any gifts or loans" is still up for grabs. because in my "fairytale mind", the loans took much of the time and challenge out of the process.

"Mr Ears" wrote:Whatever....it's like telling someone that 2+2=4 but he wouldn't agree...


exactly...

"sakasiru" wrote:Um, it waasn't Chris who announced his win, it was Tink who saw it first and didn't know it wasn't all payed yet. Chris clearly said he still had depts then.


Yes I caught it before you posted, but I can't be bothered to edit :rolleyes:

Mr Ears
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Anyville

Postby Mr Ears » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Okay, although I know aswell as everybody else except Tink + Tink's clone that this was "achieved" thru a different story than told,
I can accept the final result: 4 level 1 cities.
I can accept that under one precondition: *Whatever* happens in the game in future, Tink has lost the right to ever call somebody a cheater again.
We all know Tink is a man of double standards, but this one here was just too much.
So Tink, now players can do whatever they want ingame, they can't be called a cheater no more by you.
This case here is the new standard for your opinion on what is considerable ingame. Never forget that.
Last edited by Mr Ears on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:22 pm

"Taboo" wrote:Let me restate my point as simple as I can

lets pretend for a moment that with the optimum play style and best strategy that each level one city can make 10 bread per day
(actually lets take out all variables)

lets also pretend that a single player has three level one cities cities, which means 30 bread per day.

lets pretend that he is after a 4th lvl 1 city (god knows why) and it will cost him 100 bread

that means it will take 3 days (3.33 actually) to get to his goal
(not including the construction time for the city.)

under normal circumstances these simple numbers would be correct, and don't get me wrong, Salju's were correct as far as I cared to read them. (it was thanksgiving and I had better things to do)


here is where I disagree

lets say somebody decided to "loan" this player the 100 bread he needed in exchange for something in the future of equal value (maybe goods)

now this player has 4 cities and a debt of 100 bread

as you and I both know, four cities making 10 bread each will pay off 100 bread faster than three cities. that means the original math is not accurate.
2.5 days if my half asleep brain counted right (3.33 - 2.5 = 0.83)
.83 of a day was cut off the time!

another scenario was that he was given a -loan- for his second and third city too! that would mean he progressed to four cities very quickly and will repay the total cost of all 4 cities (his -loan-) even faster than if he had no loans.

this could cut a serious amount of time off the original total of 3.33 days

that is what I was trying to say, and yes I have suspicions about the claims made in this thread as well.
obviously 'real' game numbers and variables will change a lot but I believe my basic point still stands

I am NOT concerned about the common/raw/lux good slip of the tongue/fingers at all really and for now I am ignoring the market sales tab until Sakasiru and her unnamed partner post their results after she goes immortal.
I know the developers said it did, but things can change quickly in an online game.

what is concerning me is "since when has he been receiving these -loans-, did he get them during his first, his second, or only since his third city?"

Another concern I have is whether "loaning" is fair play or not, it is true that he can repay equal value, but as I pointed out above, it is easier and faster to repay these -loans- when you have 4 cities already. It would have been more time consuming and -challenging- if he had not received anything -gift- or -loan-

I am still congratulating Thechris that he was the first player that I know of with 4 lvl 1 cities, fair or not, it is a fact.

But I think the title of "first to get 4 lvl 1 cities without any gifts or loans" is still up for grabs. because in my "fairytale mind", the loans took much of the time and challenge out of the process.



exactly...



Yes I caught it before you posted, but I can't be bothered to edit :rolleyes:


i would agree with you but my 4th has no ships therefor cannot contrubite to the loan!
it still doesnt if you want a screenshot!
you pointed out a good point :D


I am still congratulating Thechris that he was the first player that I know of with 4 lvl 1 cities

thank you
Last edited by thechris on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:22 pm

"Mr Ears" wrote:Okay, although I know aswell as everybody else except Tink + Tink's clone that this was "achieved" thru a different story than told,

how is that?
what can you hack into my account and change what i did?

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:26 pm

and the "loan" is someone sending me 10k lux then me paying back in 1k or 2k lime patches just so ya know, becasue i cant stock pile 30k lime up easily

Cazy
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Transylvania, Romania

Postby Cazy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 pm

Chris, you say you managed to sell huge quantities of bronze at very high prices.

Let's assume all the other aspects of the story are in place and we agree you did not receive help in other ways than the ones you already told us about. You somehow managed to get all the goods, bread and bricks for all your cities, mined enough lime to build 2-4 monuments, had enough bread to feed your workers all this time, etc.

But wouldn't you say the people who were systematically buying your overpriced goods, especially in a pretty much dead world and in a market you admit you had competitors selling for less, were in fact giving you gifts? Not straight forward gifts but masked in the form of bread. The market is supposed to be competitive and I know that in all my experience so far, in all my three lives on the Nile, I never was able and never saw anyone who was able to sell so much, for such high prices and so fast as you did. In fact, chances are that if anyone tries to sell anywhere on the Nile only as few as 1k bronze for 7 or 8 bread a piece, their goods will just sit in the market for months. It seems to me you were helped, sustained by people who sympathized with your efforts.

thechris
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm
Location: on your screen

Postby thechris » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Grimm (Serenity) (13N) 2000 12000 (6/per) 1 hours 06 mins
Eleanor (Boz) (21N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 06 mins
Eleanor (Boz) (21N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 06 mins
Eleanor (Boz) (21N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 06 mins
Eleanor (Dum) (23N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 39 mins
Eleanor (Dum) (23N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 39 mins
Eleanor (Dum) (23N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 39 mins
Eleanor (Boz) (21N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 06 mins
Eleanor (Dum) (23N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 39 mins
Eleanor (Dum) (23N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 39 mins
Eleanor (Boz) (21N) 1000 8000 (8/per) 1 hours 06 mins

IE thats the bronze prices right now, i sell at competive prices or wait for the 6 per to sell, like right now if i needed the bread i would sell it at 5, but since i know my market will go up to 8, im going to put them at 7 becasue i have a enough bread to last more then a few days( remember i only take 54 a hour)
(33 when i was lvl 1) :D
from my knowlege, i did not have the same buyers everytime, and no i dont know all my buyers IE Villager Polaris, who is lvl 6! i doubt they can afford to send my genorus gifts!(i only sold for 5 per on that one)

need more clafication? more expiantions? screenys?
if you want screen shots of my logs your to late, no one told me how and since i havnt played in 2 days i only have 5 things in my log and 4 of them are lime!

edit: YAY we fiannly beat the bandits that have been in my nome since before i started(this account)!!( i got 80 bread and 12 of each lux) : P


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests