Kristobaal

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Kristobaal

Kristobaal

Postby Kristobaal » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:08 pm

New to this game; I have a question.

Can I expect my city to be attacked and plundered by anyone as soon as it gets enough resources to be interesting? I have played several online games like that and I'm fed up with having to either beat the crap out of other players or become a plunderers paradise myself.

I just want to know now so that I can get out if that is the case. Not interested in combat games.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Kristobaal - welcome to Nile and the forum!

Your city cannot be attacked by anyone, ever. Only monuments can be attacked. It is possible to play the game completely without owning monuments if you do not want any combat but that is something that you can decide later in the game.

The wiki gives some further detail of the military element of the game.
http://www.immortalcities.com/nileonline/wiki/index.php/Military_and_Nome_Events

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Howdy, Kristobaal!

You can even take a monument plot & never build a monument there, only quarry limestone for your high palaces, & you will never get it attacked, nor even need to put soldiers there to guard it.

Good Luck & Have Fun! :)

Pontius Pilatus

Hmm, not completely true.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:55 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Howdy, Kristobaal!

You can even take a monument plot & never build a monument there, only quarry limestone for your high palaces, & you will never get it attacked, nor even need to put soldiers there to guard it.

Good Luck & Have Fun! :)

If you quarry lime and upgrade that quarry and send workers, you could lose that investment if you are attacked. If you want it safe, you might send troops to defend it. If you don't put up defense, ownership will be contested when needed by somebody else. Not likely, because the nile is almost in coma, but possible. "Never" is just to much of a statement!

Cheers!
But it ain't necessarily so.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:04 am

I have been playing NO for over a year, and with the exception of a few attacks by a single solder I have never been attacked. I usually keep a few more solders than the bandit plots so that those plots are easier to take.

I have only attacked either bandits or undefended monuments ;)

But since I am typing this in a public forum I am sure it will change shortly. No worries though as I have all the limestone I will ever need in this lifetime. I am also planning on going immortal in the near future.

But anyways, battle is not that hard and as Pontius Pilatus said, the Nile is pretty much in a comatose state so you probably will never be attacked.
:cool:

Sayamistar

Postby Sayamistar » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:04 am

My words... Me fed up of attacking and defending in the virtual world... I just request everyone from this post... If anyone likes attacking and defending, find your own likes... please don't attack the players who don't want it!!!

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:06 am

Didn't you post elsewhere how this game needed more PvP to keep the community going? ;)

I agree with this post though. Nile's appeal is that it allows for more cooperation than mutual annihilation. There are tons of those sites out there already. Only problem is it needs more of that. They need more resources and goods (like lux) without increasing the city cap so that trading and or market are of even greater concern. I think there should be a production penalty (maybe 20%) for undefeated raiders as well with the penalty decreased as the soldier contributions are made. Cities that actually contribute could get a larger penalty reduction based on relative size of their contribution. Right now it is too winner take all. If you don't feel a need for an across the board shot of lux goods, there is no reason to contribute to the cause.

Return to “General Discussion”