Stuck!!

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Leese

Stuck!!

Postby Leese » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Hello, sorry to sound totally stoooopid but I am really puzzled by this Nile Online. I have a lvl 3 palace, but in order to upgrade it says i require sandals and perfume etc. How do I acquire the leather and other luxury items, it wont allow me to buy from my marktplace as I cant upgrade that either! I feel fustratingly stuck. Please help!!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Howdy, Leese!

At the top of your ingame screen, read first the primer link & then afterwards the Wiki link.

You basically need to upgrade your fundamental buildings with bricks, pottery & baskets you make yourself.

After your city is fundamentally sound with all non-military buildings placed & upgraded, then make your native raw luxmat ~ cedar, gold, kohl, etc so you can trade for what you don't make yourself.

If your native lux shop regiures a raw luxmats that you don't make yourself, then you need to set up a daily trade ~ your emeralds for their gold for example ~ so you both can make jewels.

Then trade your jewels for the other lux ~ sandals, cosmetics, perfume ~ that you need.

You can also make tons of bread & buy what you need from the market, but this is really a trading game & not a market game.

Use your Scribe Wall button & goto the General Wall with any question you have ingame. Lots of us there to help. Goto the trade wall & ask for a gift of cedar for your first boats made at your exchange. No one pays for their first boats. We gift cedar to you so you can build boats for trading!

Good Luck! :)

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:but this is really a trading game & not a market game.

...again one of your idiotic personal standards that you put like a community standard... bullsh/it!

Jeff Fiske

Postby Jeff Fiske » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Ears, give me a break.

The guy is new, so you disagree with Tink.

Feel free to put your own version of the game up there without the extra curriculars, or perhaps even a nice welcome message.

abana

Postby abana » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:35 pm

I was going to make the same kind of post as Mr. Ears. When I was new, I also depended on the market(I still like using the market because there isn't a chance of scamming). But Tink told me that I was being owned by the market and I believed because "The Great Tink has Spoken". Leese(and other new players)need to learn that although Tink is very knowlegable and helpfull, the person has to play by the rules that he sets or that person is CHEATING. In reality, there seems to be only one rule in Nile Online: no multi-accounting. And nobody[B][/B] but TM has the right or ablity to determine whether or not they are. I have told new players over and over that there are as many ways to play this game as there are players

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Did I post that players can buy from the market, not just trade?

I do believe I DID!

Is it an economic loss to buy from the market, when we trade at equal economic cost? Absolutely!

Why?

Cuz we market sell at a profit. No profit in trading & that is why we trade!

I post my opinions from my experiences & those of other very high rankers. Ears & abana have never had high rank.

The reader is free to choose who to believe.

This is abana's current profile

Pharaoh The Original (Rank: 38) (High: 37) (Age: 56 years)
Birthdate: September 19th 2009
Laborers: 5832
Donations to the Gods: 56231
Market Sales: 7745
Market Purchases: 2949
Battles (Offense): 30
Battles (Defense): 14
Soldiers Defeated: 6350
Soldiers Captured: 144
Monuments Captured: 9
Cities and Monuments
Tracy's City (39S) (L22) Rich's City (23N) (L22) John's City (13S) (L22) Bartville (69N) (L22) The One (L5) Another One (L5)

Notice market buys/sells

This is the highest rank that abana has ever had by far.

Why?

Cuz she is finally following my suggestions & selling with this account.

QED
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

abana

Postby abana » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Yes, Tink you have said that players can buy from the market, but you have always intimated that the player is a fool for doing so. It is an economic loss in terms of bread, but what about the lower incidences of loosing ships, and the less chance of getting scammed. I have also heard other reasons for preferring the market, primarily that the player is not able to access the game on a regular basis. The market goods are always there.

When are you going to learn that I have never played for rank? I have only recently been paying close attention and working toward it.

That profile doesn't show what the goods are that was bought/sold, nor the size of the lots. I start by selling clay, wheat, and reeds, that means a lot of sales, I also sell in small lots. I would rather have 10 orders in lots of 100 or 500, than orders for 1000(now I know you, and you will argue that my cedar is in lots of 1000, I need to get it out of my warehouse). I buy what goods that I can(but there isn't a lot on the market).

I am not following any of your suggestions(in fact, if you suggest it, my inclination is to not[B][/B] follow it just on principle.

Quernia

Postby Quernia » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:11 pm

"abana" wrote:I am not following any of your suggestions(in fact, if you suggest it, my inclination is to not[B][/B] follow it just on principle.

What can I say? Like son, like mother. :p

Pontius Pilatus

Market or trade?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:44 pm

I think both are mechanics ingame that can enhance your position.

You make trades for stuffs you cannot make, you buy or sell at the market for the same goal.
But, the market has another dimension: if you want bread earned from the stuffs traded, you want to sell the stuffs at the market, with a profit. If you just keep on trading, but never sell at the market, you never get bread from commerce. Only your bakery will make the bread.
No problem if you just want floating on for 100 years.
If you want to make rank or some other volatile goal, you need to make more bread, so work the market or start griefing victims.
Tinkerbell is one of the griefers.
Good strategy, but not very nice to other players. He is a parasite player. :eek:
But it ain't necessarily so.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:51 pm

"abana" wrote:Yes, Tink you have said that players can buy from the market, but you have always intimated that the player is a fool for doing so. It is an economic loss in terms of bread, but what about the lower incidences of loosing ships, and the less chance of getting scammed.

Boats just don't sink that often in Nile Online. The market fee outweighs sinkage by a factor of a zillion to one. Also, we get found jewels to offset sinkage.

There is no scamming in Nile Online. Traders are VERY trustworthy. I myself have NEVER been scammed in five accounts & I have been playing Nile since the day both servers opened.

I have also heard other reasons for preferring the market, primarily that the player is not able to access the game on a regular basis. The market goods are always there.

Yes, of course, binary thinker. This is your problem, abana. You always conclude my posts are either/or. I post holistically.

Of course, parttime players who cannot spend a lot of time with the game are almost forced to only use the market. They are playing at a disadvantage in compariason to us traders though. They know this. It sez nothing to negate my argument. Buying from the market is still economically not the best.

When are you going to learn that I have never played for rank?

My posting here is not about you, abana. Why do you always think it is? Did you create this thread?

I have only recently been paying close attention and working toward it.

And you are following my suggestions.

That profile doesn't show what the goods are that was bought/sold, nor the size of the lots. I start by selling clay, wheat, and reeds, that means a lot of sales, I also sell in small lots. I would rather have 10 orders in lots of 100 or 500, than orders for 1000(now I know you, and you will argue that my cedar is in lots of 1000, I need to get it out of my warehouse).

Yes, you now copy my suggestion of only using small lots sizes. The entire Nile on both servers is now following my teaching there, cuz it is successful. I see it in all my markets now.

I buy what goods that I can(but there isn't a lot on the market).

Now you are FINALLY on thread topic. What did the opening poster post?

That he/she was having problems buying from the market.

Hence my post encouraging him/her to build boats & TRADE.

I am not following any of your suggestions(in fact, if you suggest it, my inclination is to not[B][/B] follow it just on principle.

LOL !!!

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Tink is a fraud, nothing more.

For example, I recently started hitting the market hard and big, selling in big lots.

I have hardly placed my first bundle package on the market, when Tink already called me a cheater here in the forums :rolleyes:

In the long run, Jeff won't fall for you, Tink.

Or do we have to call JuliaSet again to get some things straight here?

:D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:21 pm

"Mr Ears" wrote:Tink is a fraud, nothing more.

For example, I recently started hitting the market hard and big, selling in big lots.

Overseer Mr Ears (Rank: 276) (High: 274) (Age: 67 years)
Birthdate: July 28th 2009
Laborers: 1230
Donations to the Gods: 5249
Market Sales: 2
Market Purchases: 1
Battles (Offense): 53
Battles (Defense): 32
Soldiers Defeated: 2302
Soldiers Captured: 0
Monuments Captured: 31

The Combat Factory (8S) (L12) War Mats Megastore (13N) (L12) The Peaceful Place (24S) (L9) Monument (L4) Monument (L4)

LOL !!!

Only 1 purchase & 2 sells ~ I'm impressed with your "hitting the market hard and big". :rolleyes:

31 monuments taken now?

Both L4s ~ As in what is left after griefing a L5. Griefs so often & then illegally uncaps with temp multiple accounts making the monuments go poof, he doesn't even bother to name them.

First monument is middle right 167N & second is upper left 171N. A bit far away from your cities, Ears. Of course, no guards so a single soldier can take them. How long before these two go poof also, eh?

LOL !!!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:37 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:First monument is middle right 167N & second is upper left 171N. A bit far away from your cities, Ears. Of course, no guards so a single soldier can take them. How long before these two go poof also, eh?

LOL !!!

You simply do not have the faintest idea what you're talking about, huh? No guards?? Need new glasses, Tink?

Just to get one thing straight: I have monuments there, because my strategy requires an outpost or two in that area right now. But why am I legitimating myself anyway??

Both L4s ~ As in what is left after griefing a L5.

Well then. Why don't you tell the folks who started to assault innocent players who are unable to defend themselves as they are on vacation or have another reason to be afk for a while obviously, to grief their maxed monuments and destroy them? Hmm?

Griefs so often & then illegally uncaps with temp multiple accounts making the monuments go poof

Typically Tink...... obesessed with paranoia :rolleyes:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:47 pm

TM's Jeff Fiske knows full well how many deleted accounts are on your combat log, Ears

Pontius Pilatus

Now you are talking outright lies!

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:04 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:My posting here is not about you, abana. Why do you always think it is? Did you create this thread?

And you are following my suggestions.

Yes, you now copy my suggestion of only using small lots sizes. The entire Nile on both servers is now following my teaching there, cuz it is successful. I see it in all my markets now.

LOL !!!

What did you post earlier to get that reaction?

Quote:

This is abana's current profile

Pharaoh The Original (Rank: 38) (High: 37) (Age: 56 years)
Birthdate: September 19th 2009
Laborers: 5832
Donations to the Gods: 56231
Market Sales: 7745
Market Purchases: 2949
Battles (Offense): 30
Battles (Defense): 14
Soldiers Defeated: 6350
Soldiers Captured: 144
Monuments Captured: 9
Cities and Monuments
Tracy's City (39S) (L22) Rich's City (23N) (L22) John's City (13S) (L22) Bartville (69N) (L22) The One (L5) Another One (L5)

Notice market buys/sells

This is the highest rank that abana has ever had by far.

Why?

Cuz she is finally following my suggestions & selling with this account.

QED

Unquote.

Seems like your posting is completely about abana, you quoting a profile of her. Go on deny it!
Last edited by Pontius Pilatus on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:51 am

Mr Ears, abana & Pontius Pilatus

Larry, Moe & Curly ~ The Three Stooges

Thankx for ruining another thread! :rolleyes:

Pontius Pilatus

I am pleased, kiss to you.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:07 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Mr Ears, abana & Pontius Pilatus

Larry, Moe & Curly ~ The Three Stooges

Thankx for ruining another thread! :rolleyes:

Now you give my name full credit.

Don't call me peepee anymore and I will give you more credit. Deal?

:)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 am

I do wish the four of you would just stop this nonsense. :(

LEESE,

Hope they have not scared you away, it is a very old subject that none of these players will stop crying about. They have killed the forum but at least the game survives.

In a nutshell, to answer your original question...
The best suggestion is to read the primer and wiki, then trial and error to see what you like the best. There are many ways to play the game.
You will eventually need to build an exchange and then build ships. This requires Cedar. Go to the trade wall and ask for a trade of your goods for Cedar for your first ship. i.e. If your resource is Kohl, goto the trade wall and type WTT Kohl for Cedar, will ship after I build my first ship. I would expect many players to offer to send you some free cedar for the first few ships. Build the ships then you can start trading the items you produce for what you need.

Market is very handy when you need something and can't seem to be able to trade for it. You will eventually need to sell items for bread but that usually comes later.

Lots of good hints and tips throughout this forum just try to ignore the children that can't seem to be able to play well together.

:cool:
Last edited by PantherX on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
:cool:

Return to “General Discussion”