monuments

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
mason

monuments

Postby mason » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Is there a way to abandon the monument you took over, so your military can go fight other units, or are you at the monument until you lose a fight?

Markenkhonsu

Postby Markenkhonsu » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:36 pm

You can capture up to two monuments. Once you have two you can no longer attack additional monuments. The only way to get rid of a monument is for another player to attack and capture one of the monuments you have previously taken.

BettyKhan

Postby BettyKhan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 pm

"mason" wrote:Is there a way to abandon the monument you took over, so your military can go fight other units, or are you at the monument until you lose a fight?

But you can always take those soldiers out of your monument to fight bandits and you can create more soldiers to fight bandits. If you take your units out of your monument, there's always the risk that you'll be attacked and taken, but that's not always the case.

pemo

Postby pemo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:47 pm

how can I attack a monument site without then occupying it.?
I see some players stats will show *monuments captured- 57* or something to that effect.
how is this accomplished?

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:03 am

If there is an empty monument site in your nome, send one soldier and the monument is yours. If you want to keep him there you will have to feed him by sending bread, otherwise send him home and feed him there, or send him to fight the bandits in your nome, if there are some, and get a share of the loot when they are eventually defeated (one soldier=nothing much)

If you have an undefended monument you may be attacked - you have been warned

Note that you don't need monuments, barracks, or soldiers at all to play Nile Online

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:37 am

Note: if you already hold two monuments sites you cannot attack a third until you have lost the first or second one. Some people like to fight, most do not. If you pick on someone too much, they may form an alliance with other players you have attacked and they can put a lot of pressure on your monument sites.

Holding monuments can require a lot of bread to feed the troops and laborers you have there. This is a drain on your bread supply and can limit what you can purchase via the market.

Loosing monuments in battle will cost you in prestige and overall rank. Newly captured monuments that had been complete will have to be rebuilt somewhat to recover from battle damage.

pemo

Postby pemo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:58 pm

Herodotus / Keith,
understood, but after conquering two sites how does one continue to attack other monument sites? if you have two, you're essentially done. how would a player have 57 monuments captured (on player's stats) ?
I understand monuments are not required, and I understand occupied sites are open to attack, but once you attack twice, you can no longer continue to attack other sites no?
I don't want to attack other players generally speaking, but I would love to attack "empty" sites for bricks etc.. but after two I'd be done, and I really don't want to build a monument at this stage.
so if a player has attacked 57 sites, have they actually lost those sites over and over, in order to attack another site to accumulate 57 subsequent victories?
thanks for the replies
pemo

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:20 am

It is a Keith described and you suggest:

Whoever it was lost monuments and regained more, over and over again until the count got to 57.
He or she may have had allies, and been fighting against an alliance.

Or to be cynical, whoever could have had additional accounts and attack their own monuments in order to become free to attack others.

All this went on in the past, but I don't know if it still goes on.

Quite difficult writing this in gender neutral english and still make sense :D

pemo

Postby pemo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:21 am

Herodotus
thanks. understood. yes, I thought about the multiple accounts angle. I guess an alliance agreement would allow two people to attack and re-attack over and over too, to gain prestige points if nothing else.
thanks for the reply,
pemo

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:20 pm

If you get caught with multiple player accounts, you'll get banned from the game. Besides there is no real reason to have them. You can do quite well with just the one account.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:34 pm

I don't think either of us were advocating multiple accounts.
Pemo was just trying to understand how a player could get to 57, which let's face it, is an incredible number.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:17 am

I didn't think that was the case, but better forewarned than to find out the hard way.

polisciprof

Re: monuments

Postby polisciprof » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:32 am

How do you return your troops and laborers from the monument to your home city? I cannot figure out how to accomplish this.

Return to “General Discussion”