Newbie question

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Bwildrd

Newbie question

Postby Bwildrd » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this type of game (I've played SIMS before) and I'm wondering....when I log off and I'm not using my computer will my "laborers" still work and produce? I have placed my laborers in my nome to consume and produce without having a deficit in any area. Thanks a bunch. =) Bwildrd

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Yes, they will. So you will have to provide them with enough food, raw materials, etc. to keep going.

The game runs on a server 24/7. You just connect to your account on that server via the browser that you use.

Bwildrd

Thank you

Postby Bwildrd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Thank you Keith....also, some folks have suggested that I introduce myself on the general wall...is this where I'm at now? The General Discussion thread? These types of games are a little tricky to start and I'm looking forward to moving on with the game so I can increase my skill. So far it's pretty neat, but I'm a little nervous about trading and such. Thanks again.

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 pm

These are the official forums for Tilted Mill the developer of Chidren of the Nile Online and their other games like Children Of the Nile, Caesar IV, Hinterland, Mosby's Confederacy and they were the development team that created SimCity's Societies.

The "General Wall" is part of the Children of the Nile Online game. It's one of the gold icons to the right of your screen as you view one of your cities. Image By click on that icon you will be taken to one of the three possible "walls". Links for each wall are text links in the upper left are of the screen next to the words: Scribe Wall.

You can send private "scrolls" to other players by clicking on the their name on the walls and then click on the small scroll/book icon next to their player name. To read a incoming scroll click on the Image icon on the city screen. This icon will blink red on and off if you have a new incoming scroll waiting for you to read.

The General wall is for general conversation of all types of topics.

The Trade wall is for arranging trades with other players. Every one in the game can see this board.

The Nome wall is a chat board just for the cities in your "nome". These usually tend to be quite dead but you might run into a talkative bunch in your city's home home. Each city has it's own "nome" wall. So if you had four cities built in four nomes, you would have 4 "Nome" walls you could visit.

The walls you'll probably use the most is are the first two.

Be aware that the walls are logged and bad behavior can get you banned from the game.

Here on these forums, you can discuss the various games that Tilted Mill has developed and released, including Children of the Nile.

Each game has it's own seperate board. So be sure you select the correct board for your post and put your post in the appropriate section. All games have their own "support" boards for technical problems with that particular game. Enter problems with running one of the games in it's assigned support section.

General discussion areas are usually expected to be limited to topics related directly to that game.

There is a off-topic board called "Outside World" where you can talk about all sorts of things, as long as they are legal and non-offensive. Study the forum's main list of boards and get famaliar with it.

You can send another board member "private messages" PM if you want to talk with them about things you don't want others to see on the main boards. You can do this by clicking on their name in one of their posts and then selecting "Send private message to ....."

You can learn a bit more about the game by reading the Wiki file:

http://www.immortalcities.com/nileonline/wiki/

You can also ask other players questions in the game using the General and Nome walls, or privately using Scrolls or by coming here and posting your question.

Bwildrd

Thanks

Postby Bwildrd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 pm

I was totally in the wrong place!! =) Thanks for helping me find my way.

Return to “General Discussion”