ALERT - Phishing in progress

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Mevanna

ALERT - Phishing in progress

Postby Mevanna » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:54 am

Heads-up for everyone:
The login for Nile Online seems to have been hijacked or something - trying to log in leads to a non-secure site asking for your Paypal details.
So, you know... don't fall for it.

Also, do speak up if you can confirm or deny this. I do know it's not just me, but neither do I know if it's happening for everyone.

Farmer

Postby Farmer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:20 pm

I ran into that in Sabah but not in Theoris.

BiPolartutan

Postby BiPolartutan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Confirmed - Sabah login prompts a false Paypal site to gather personal information. There is a discussion in Nile Online Wall

Okti

Postby Okti » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Yes, Sabah is not playable for the time being. I have scrolled Keith about this situation at Theoris.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:55 pm

I didn't get the warning on the Nile Online login, but I didn't try the Sabath game. I did get a warning from my Norton's on the official Children of the Nile website (immortalcities.com) that it has been reported as a "malicious website." Unless it has been hacked somehow, that warning is unfounded.

In any case, I have sent an email to Jeff about all of this. He's been busy moving and working so I don't know when he will get around to taking a look in the problem. I'm sure he'll at least check to see if he gets the same results quickly, but a fix might take a while if there is a hack going on.

Hanike

Postby Hanike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Yeah, same here... it just redirects to "Paypal" token page.
Luckily, Dashlane is not stupid and didn't log on! Sigh...

Okti

Sabah

Postby Okti » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Seems like redirection hack at Sabah is not solved yet. The players over there may be playing different challenges like no wheat challenge. Since no one can go and log on to Sabah, they have the risk of no market sales fulfilled and they will run out of bread shortly.

Due to this I think TM needs to update all players except Inactive players to vacation mode. I think that can be done by TM easily.

I was trying to cancel this redirection with Firefox, but only avoided the redirection to false Paypal login screen, could't get to Sabah at all :(

KKO

Postby KKO » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:49 pm

So is this game abandoned? I was about to buy some scarabs but I don't want to invest in it if there is no support.
It's pretty bad that such a hack can occur but it's way worse that nobody has fixed it yet. One would assume that a game development company at least has a sysadmin that could revert a hack or at least somebody at the company has the decency to post a message and lie about how hard they are working to fix it.
I am really disappointed Tilted Mill :(

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:40 am

In any case, I have sent an email to Jeff about all of this. He's been busy moving and working so I don't know when he will get around to taking a look in the problem. I'm sure he'll at least check to see if he gets the same results quickly, but a fix might take a while if there is a hack going on.

It might take a day or two if ^thats^ the case guys, the game isn't abandoned (we still have these forums going) and Jeff can easilly revert to a back up when it is fixed so people might lose a few days, but there shouldn't be any major problems when that gets fixed.

Okti

Sabah hacked

Postby Okti » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 pm

OK, we have the patience, but if the server at Sabah is still working there is a problem with most active players will be deleted when TM solves that problem. And best thing to do will be to restore database to the day attacked happened to avoid this problem. That is the only solution I can think about apart from my earlier solution to set all accounts to vacation mode. Does not happen quite happen much, but we had some disasters at the Nile before.

But I agree, with the other post some one from TM must be over here to tell they are on the problem and the stage at they are on. No post from a TM guy is not good :(

davypi

Is Theoris safe?

Postby davypi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:00 pm

This is probably coincidence, but...

I just got a notification that somebody attempted to log into my GMail account. They had my password but not my security questions, so fortunately they didn't get into anything. I was using the same password for GMail as I do for my Nile Online accounts (but not my paypal). I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an issue since the hack was posted on Sabah.

Hanike

Re: ALERT - Phishing in progress

Postby Hanike » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 am

So... the forum is back... what the hell just happened to our Sabah accounts?!

Okti

Re: ALERT - Phishing in progress

Postby Okti » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:32 pm

OK fishing is resolved now, but by installing a very old version of the game :( No quests, no way to trade scarabs. I think TM needs to sort out soon!

Return to “General Discussion”