Uhhh... help? Cannot log in.

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
evilbill-agqx

Uhhh... help? Cannot log in.

Postby evilbill-agqx » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:33 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong place!

So! Today I get an e-mail saying that my labourers are slavking. So I think "Wheee! Nile Online is back up!" And lo and behold, the site is available again.
I try to log in.

"Wrong email/password combination."

Okay, so, maybe the site outage forced a password reset. So I click the Lost Password link and enter my email.

"Email not in database."

Uhhh... what? I double-check. DEFINITELY the right email. No typos, no differences. So... what gives? And how can I be emailed about my labourers slacking, if the email address isn't in the database?
"When Tal Rasha chose to embody the spirit of Baal, he knew his doom was to wrestle eternally against the will of the greater Evil. Look around you and ask yourself, Has the battle been won or lost?"
- Lysander

ramses_1

Re: Uhhh... help? Cannot log in.

Postby ramses_1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Good one. Maybe they deleted your account because of inactivity. What's your current name in Theoris? (I can check if you're still there; I can't check on Sabah.)
Currently Necho 3 on Theoris

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi Ramses,

My name there is ImperiusDamian. Just checked again, same issue.
"When Tal Rasha chose to embody the spirit of Baal, he knew his doom was to wrestle eternally against the will of the greater Evil. Look around you and ask yourself, Has the battle been won or lost?"
- Lysander

grrlgeek

Postby grrlgeek » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:01 pm

evilbill-agqx wrote: My name there is ImperiusDamian.

No such player on either Theoris or Sabah.

The server purged inactive accounts a couple of days ago. Based on recent player stats from Okti, something like 400 accounts went away. If you did not use scarabs to purchase Inactive Immunity, and you did not have your account in Vacation mode during the outage, then it would appear that your account has been deleted due to inactivity. The purge runs every week or two, and clears accounts that have not logged in for more than 7 days. So, when the servers came back online, that clock started ticking again too.

Sorry, that's probably not the answer you want to hear, but you can always start a new account and returning players are always welcome :-)

Return to “General Discussion”