BUG: This one is really not funny

Find a bug on the Nile?
Caesar Clifford

BUG: This one is really not funny

Postby Caesar Clifford » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:11 am

I just clicked on buy 25 kohl for 325 bread at the marketplace.
Fine, an error message came up as follows

Fatal Error! One or more laborers stubbed their toes while processing your request. The web Pharaoh has been notified. If the error persists, please post a message to the bugs/issues forum.

Ha ha, I thought. Thats funny. What wasn't funny was that the 325 bread vanished out of my account. Okay cool, the kohl must be on the way. But no its not in my log or my shipping inwards list. Bugger. And to make it worse it had vanished from the market as well. Hopefully the buyer got his money because I didn't get the kohl or the bread.

This is the first error that has put me off the game in the slightest. Needs fixing and I did not appreciate the fatel error message. Even if someone was jutst jerking my chain. I mean come on guys this is Real Life we are talking about here.

Sorry the bug report is a couple of screens later. I didn't realise for a minute that the kohl wasn't coming.

Debug Info [u:2034 array ( 22665 => 'CLIFFCITY', 22678 => 'CLIFFTOWN', )]

amator

Postby amator » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:19 am

Same problem here twice:

"Fatal Error! One or more laborers stubbed their toes while processing your request. The web Pharaoh has been notified. If the error persists, please post a message to the bugs/issues forum."

400 bread was taken, but no goods are coming.

Debug Info [u:2113 array ( 22567 => 'Izmaragd', 22171 => 'Arad', )]
Image Image

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:25 am

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:This is the first error that has put me off the game in the slightest. Needs fixing and I did not appreciate the fatel error message. Even if someone was jutst jerking my chain. I mean come on guys this is Real Life we are talking about here.

Calm down. I´m sure they are working on it. This is beta, so you have to face things like this.

mortis

Postby mortis » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:33 am

I lost about 800 bread and my second town is in need of supplies from the first. *Sigh.* :( This is a beta and it's free.

Zorg

The same error

Postby Zorg » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:42 am

I've got the same errormessage while i was buying perfume three times at the market. All three offers disapear after the errormessages and the bread is gone, too. :eek:

slcha

Postby slcha » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:45 am

Same thing happened to me - have posted it separately. It took my bread, stubbed his toe and no sign og gold on the way!

It won't even let me ship between cities!

Not funny

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:08 am

I just tested it, sellers can still place goods up on the market with no loss. (tested with nice cheap, small reeds. :o , no expensive jewelry.)
Fatal Error! One or more laborers stubbed their toes while processing your request.
It took my bread ... no sign of gold

The Union must be suing for damages. :D , taking both the gold and the money.

With all the new work place safety laws in Australia, this almost seem normal here. We are inundated with ads about workplace cover etc.

Shao

Postby Shao » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:32 am

Beware the stubbed toe conspiracy. Them slave laborers are gettin' wiser by the day, I tell ya. We have now breached the age of The Happening.

And yeah, my city is crippled by this bug too. :(

Return to “Bugs”