[BUG] how to double your soldiers [fixed v1.1]

Find a bug on the Nile?
shia

[BUG] how to double your soldiers [fixed v1.1]

Postby shia » Tue May 19, 2009 2:55 am

1.you send soldiers to the monument, first wave.(enough to take over)
2.wait 1 minutes or more.(because second wave may arrive earlier than the first wave if you send same time)
3.you send soldiers to the monument, second wave.
4.first wave arrive, and take over the monument.
5.second wave arrive, but they return to the left city.
6.you have soldiers double of second wave.

example:
you have 1 [archers] 100 [spearmen] in the city.
1.you send 1 [archers] to the monument (0 soldiers) arrive at 9:00 pm.
2.you send 100 [spearmen] to the monument arrive at 9:03 pm.
3.9:00 pm, you take over the monument by 1 [archers].
4.9:03 pm, you have 1 [archers] 200 [spearmen] in the city!

vicarious writing.
original is in japanese community.
i am not trying reproducing.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue May 19, 2009 5:57 am

Oooh..... that's an interesting one.

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Tue May 19, 2009 9:27 am

If it works. The soldiers who take over a monument do not stay there, but return to the city they were sent from. Soldiers who are send to an occupied monument stay there. If things work normally, the first lot should return to your city, the second should stay at the monument.

Since the strategy of sending out attacks in waves is not uncommon, it is strange this has not been reported earlier, and the latest updates have not affected the military part, so it seems we need confirmation. Unfortunately I cannot send troops to one of the many undefended monuments in my neighbourhood in Sabah, but I own two myself that I will gladly sacrifice for the greater purpose. If anybody wants to try this exploit on Another Fixed Monument (56N) owned by player Zeroquarry, please by my guest. A scroll indicating the upcoming event would be appreciated.

Keranik

Postby Keranik » Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 am

I can confirm.

I made about 5 Chariots, sent them to a monument to attack, then about 30 minutes later, sent another 20 Chariots (or so) to hopefully end up as a stationed force when it was now "mine".

I ended up with 40 Chariots (or so) at my own town, doubling what I actually built.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon May 25, 2009 7:51 pm

I think I had something like this happen one time to me but I can not be sure. It was while founding my 2nd plot 'Wastelands'.

Debug Info:
u:2302 (theoris) array ( 23016 => 'Pan\'s Mining', 23001 => 'Pan\'s Ranch', 21976 => 'Pan\'s Farm', )array ( 23076 => 'Pan\'s Peak', 23025 => 'Wastelands', )
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Thu May 28, 2009 9:30 am

Thanks for testing.

This seems to allow raiders to attack monuments for free. Suppose a plot is defended by 150 soldiers, a raider can send in 300, and a second wave of 200. The first one will take the plot, the second one will be doubled, making the total net losses probably about zero. The only added cost of the raider is the maintenance of a bigger army. Since many plots have substantially smaller defense forces, the balance may easily tip in the favor of the raider.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat May 30, 2009 4:01 am

Seems like the raider has the advantage any way you look at it :)
:cool:

radjacob

Postby radjacob » Sun May 31, 2009 6:49 am

Why hasn't this been fixed yet? This would be very easy to abuse... :eek:

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Sun May 31, 2009 11:38 am

Since it is a bug, and exploiting bugs is against the rules you signed for when you opened your account, obviously nobody is doing this. :rolleyes:

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Yeah, I found this bug before and reported it to Reed on the 10th of April. Shame he didn't get around to fix it yet.

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:33 pm

"joshofet" wrote:Since the strategy of sending out attacks in waves is not uncommon, it is strange this has not been reported earlier, and the latest updates have not affected the military part, so it seems we need confirmation.

I'm luckily not involved in much 'PvP'. But I don't see the use of sending multiple waves. Isn't a major numerical advantage better than two minor ones? I guess the first attack often doesn't even succeed, causing many casualties even. And of course then this simply doesn't happen.

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:14 pm

I think I found the source of this today. I was attacked by two significant waves (the battle actually had started last night, but that part's not relevant) by a player using a monument for his jumping off point. While the troops were enroute, his monument still showed the 1000 defenders as being there. After I defeated both his waves, he only had 180 defenders in the monument.

So here is what happens... when the troops are sent, they aren't actually taken from the city/monument until they arrive at their destination. In the case of being turned back, they never actually arrive, so they dupe going home. It's actually almost exactly like the resource bug from earlier.

Reed, please fix now.
Last edited by homegrown on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reed

Postby Reed » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks all. Should be resolved on both Sabah and Theoris.

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Thanks homegrown for finding the apparent cause and Reed for the quick fix :)

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Unfortunately, it's NOT fixed. Verified by me on Theoris. Reed has been pm'd.

It's awefully interesting how it takes a guy with 2 monuments to verify an attack bug! Where are all the raiders who do this all the time? Oh, they're USING the bug so they don't have to actually produce troops. If you can put all your people on bread cuz you know you can double your army on your next raid, you can carry quite a massive army.

(like seriously massive. i know one dude who has/had 2800 troops as a result of multiple doublings).

FIX!

Last edited by homegrown on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Two MONTHS since Armeagle initially reported it.

My god, Reed, either s**t or get off the pot dude. This is completely broken. Has been reported multiple times and you just sit on your ass, "oh its fixed now" but you obviously never even bothered to check for yourself. What a ****in' joke this company is.

TURN ALL PVP OFF UNTIL YOU FIX THIS. Hell, I'm even for wiping every military unit in the game and making everyone start over. If you can't be sure which units are bugged, you wipe them all. At least then everyone is on even footing.

It's not fair to every upstanding citizen trying to defend their little empires. A game where the attacker is given EVERY advantage in pvp and a troop duplication bug lasts for two f'in' months? Who the hell are you kidding?

I want my money back.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:13 pm

"homegrown" wrote:Two MONTHS since Armeagle initially reported it.

My god, Reed, either s**t or get off the pot dude. This is completely broken. Has been reported multiple times and you just sit on your ass, "oh its fixed now" but you obviously never even bothered to check for yourself. What a ****in' joke this company is.

TURN ALL PVP OFF UNTIL YOU FIX THIS. Hell, I'm even for wiping every military unit in the game and making everyone start over. If you can't be sure which units are bugged, you wipe them all. At least then everyone is on even footing.

It's not fair to every upstanding citizen trying to defend their little empires. A game where the attacker is given EVERY advantage in pvp and a troop duplication bug lasts for two f'in' months? Who the hell are you kidding?

I want my money back.

I am an excellent judge of Character, homegrown. As I said to you before...

"Tinkerbell" wrote:On the Honor scale of 0-10, you don't even rate a one.

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaawwwn @ homegrown...

clayson4908

grow-up and get some manners

Postby clayson4908 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:10 pm

@homegrown

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:40 pm

I want the bug fixed.

Yeah, I'm the one with no honor yet I'm the one reporting the game breaking unit duplication bug that was supposedly fixed and wasn't.

I pm'd Reed two days before I started posting to this thread again. So he knows. He hasn't replied.

Game is broken. Reed doesn't care. Yet, I'm the "cheater". What a joke.
Last edited by homegrown on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Bugs”