[BUG] how to double your soldiers [fixed v1.1]

Find a bug on the Nile?
joshofet

Postby joshofet » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Well, I guess most of us want all bugs fixed, including the devs, but I'm quite sure it's never going to happen. :(

If indeed the bug persists after the first attempt to remove it, it might not be one that is fixed all too easily. Just guessing. Maybe shouting will help, but I sincerely doubt it. :rolleyes:

It is annoying, I agree, but it is not as if the game is ran over by raiders attacking every unsuspecting player and obliterating their monuments with everything in it. Even with this bug in, the game seems quite enjoyable to the majority of the players. Don't let it spoil your fun. :)

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:13 pm

I think he's probably working on finishing quests guys. If I were him I'd get that done before fixing bugs that would hold me up any further.

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:13 pm

OMG, another TM apologist saying it's ok if a gamestopping duplication bug is allowed to continue to exist. You people really need to get out more.

Fix the bugs!

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:16 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:I think he's probably working on finishing quests guys. If I were him I'd get that done before fixing bugs that would hold me up any further.

Yeah, that's what we need. More broken untested content. :rolleyes:

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Maybe it's taking so long because he's making sure it works properly. ;)

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:24 pm

Assumes facts not in evidence. :p

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Gamestopping? Really? I haven't noticed anything stopping lately. Yeah, serious bug is serious, but despite it being in plain sight on the forum it still seems to be almost completely unknown amongst the players. So, um... grab some tofu and chill? Rampant discussion on why it needs to be fixed isn't going to do anything to actually get it fixed. Reed's going to hear of it ... whenever he does. And before then, he sure as heck isn't going to be reading any of this, anyway.

Assuming someone's actually PM'd him about it still not being fixed, that is. Did you PM Reed about it, Homegrown?

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Right here Fen in Post#20.

"homegrown" wrote:I pm'd Reed two days before I started posting to this thread again. So he knows. He hasn't replied.

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:50 am

Awesome. Then there's nothing else to do but kick back and grab a Dr Pepper.

Reed

Postby Reed » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:57 am

This was fixed a while ago...

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:47 am

Homegrown maintains it still isn't fixed, his apparent observation seems to date from after the bug was fixed. Independent observation, however, is lacking, and the discussion has not been very constructive I'm afraid.

If anybody wants to attack a monument to test, feel free to try it out on "Another fixed quarry" by Zeroquarry in Sabah 56N. It is undefended. The account is mine. Please PM me if you want me to take it back.

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 pm

homegrown and xagor had an echange of monuments and battles, after the bug was to have been fixed and both of them appear to have had troops double. They both ended up with insane amounts of troops in very short time. like 2500+ troops...

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:58 pm

"joshofet" wrote:If anybody wants to attack a monument to test, feel free to try it out on "Another fixed quarry" by Zeroquarry in Sabah 56N. It is undefended. The account is mine..

I thought you were Mi

How many accounts do you have?

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:06 pm

I have one account in Theoris, as Testingames, and my normal account in Sabah is under the name of Mi.

I opened a second account in Sabah to test an earlier bug, and found the bug that prevents you from deleting an account with IE7 still isn't fixed, and I doubt it ever will. :D I even renamed the city to Deleted, to no avail ;) I was waiting to see how long it takes before it is deleted through inactivity, but revived it to allow the above test. Not that it seems to be needed to test.

The Zeroquarry account is gradually going up the ranks in Sabah, even though it is doing nothing but producing bread in a level 6 city for a month or so. It got me to rank 1350, which probably is a better measure of the number of active players in Sabah than the 2000 mentioned in the ranking list.

Of course the two accounts in Sabah have no interaction.
Last edited by joshofet on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gensu85

Postby gensu85 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:09 am

Homegrown I think you under estimate how little I am around to play. I just have barracks cranking out troops and I have a ton of workers on bread, not to mention the occasional fire sale of mats and goods. Really I just play to usurp you from your throne. I was not aware of any bugs and I have not knowingly exploited any of them. I just go away for a week and come back to find I have 3000+ soldiers.

gensu85

Postby gensu85 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:13 am

Oh and the reason I attacked you twice that one time was because the time before YOU exploited the bug that soldiers immediately return home making it impossible to actually capture someone else's monument. I sent two waves of troops thinking maybe the second wave would occupy the monument, but I got an error in my combat log saying I already controlled the monument.

As for the bug, I don't know whether or not it doubled my soldiers. I do know that I dismissed most of them after I failed to occupy the monument as I did not want to feed 3000 mouths for a week.

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:27 am

I never named anyone or implied that I thought anyone specifically was using it intentionally. I just reported it as still broken then went off on one of my rants.

It's cool that you are who I thought you were though. ;)

Really I just play to usurp you from your throne.

Really? :confused: I'm just playing until I become Immortal. Shouldn't be long.
Last edited by homegrown on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Aww... gensu, you're driving him to an early grave. :(

Great job, Home. :D

markedisonchua
Location: Chemaphy Slaying Problem Market and Cyberwarface Office

Postby markedisonchua » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 am

I think the bugs are not all fixed...
Even the ships...
I think the problem is about the patch automation...

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:48 am

"Reed" wrote:This was fixed a while ago...

Hi there, rising up from my tomb for one post about this...

Any chance you only prevented the (previously unchecked) client-side loophole that allowed people to attack their own monuments by swapping out site IDs? Since that's the way I reported it before.

But another way to duplicate was sending multiple waves of attacks. Once one wave captures a monument, the subsequent wave(s) will 'bounce off' and might still duplicate. So, are you checking on the actual 'event' (on the server) that the attack takes place too?

I was going for immortality and no one tried to capture my monument sites (again). So I couldn't check anymore myself.

Btw, sending troops to attack should cost bread for traveling too. (Not as if I'm still playing)

Return to “Bugs”