No Tomb

Find a bug on the Nile?
thegrad

Tomb found

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:12 pm

I went immortal in Theoris, made the list but no tomb was built in my capital . Must I wander for ever, or will I be given a place to rest?

Lucky Lady Rahemat 98 (3) 38 years March 5th 2009 September 6th 2009

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lucky Lady now has a tomb to rest in.
Last edited by thegrad on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

abana

Postby abana » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Your tomb could be in the nome of one of your other cities, what nomes were they?

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:30 pm

"abana" wrote:Your tomb could be in the nome of one of your other cities, what nomes were they?

No I checked all nomes Capital 0S, 1N, 2S and 21S. Lucky Lady does not have a tomb.

abana

Postby abana » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:35 pm

I don't know what to say, then.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi thegrad, take a look at this thread http://tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23625&highlight=tomb, not sure it helps though.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:44 pm

"Kiya" wrote:Hi thegrad, take a look at this thread http://tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23625&highlight=tomb, not sure it helps though.

Thank you Kiya for the information, but I don't think it is right that your tomb is not placed in your capital nome just because someone else went immortal before you,. when the game tells you it is constructing your tomb. That is one of the "perks" of going immortal. :mad:

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Yes, I agree, you must feel bad for not having your tomb after the hard work to earn it, but what can be done, nothing really. This must be what Reed intended it to be.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 pm

"Kiya" wrote:Yes, I agree, you must feel bad for not having your tomb after the hard work to earn it, but what can be done, nothing really. This must be what Reed intended it to be.

After spending the amount of time on the game, to go immortal, the least one could expect is when the game tell you it is constructing your tomb,and it will be placed in your nome, one would show up.

There is nothing written that states "if someone with the same size tomb you are eligible for has already been placed you will not get one."

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:01 pm

@ thegrad, there is nothing I can say, my immortal friend *hugs*

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:18 pm

"Kiya" wrote:@ thegrad, there is nothing I can say, my immortal friend *hugs*

Thank you for the hug Kiya, but I worry about the game. If people find out that they will not get a tomb, if one of the size they are untitled to has already been taken, will they finish the game? :eek: (According to Wiki) The tombs are seen via the nome level, and show up in the capital nome of the Pharaoh in question

There are just 5 differnt sizes of tombs. With the amount of players now, everyone is not going to get a tomb, even if they stay long enough to go immortal.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Congrats, Grad! :)

Question

Should you be getting the same size pyramid as the one already there? Cuz I was always wondering if the next player with the same size Immortality pyramid would replace the original or be ignored.

There appears to only be room enough in the programming for one of each size Immortality tomb. Largest on the right to smallest on the left. One spot for each size.

This is part of the unfinished Nile code, along with a few more bugs that have cropped up, like the No Monument bug that results in no bandits & also Quarry reverting to L1 instead of only losing one level when changing ownership.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:29 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Congrats, Grad! :)

Question

Should you be getting the same size pyramid as the one already there? Cuz I was always wondering if the next player with the same size Immortality pyramid would replace the original or be ignored.

There appears to only be room enough in the programming for one of each size Immortality tomb. Largest on the right to smallest on the left. One spot for each size.

This is part of the unfinished Nile code, along with a few more bugs that have cropped up, like the No Monument bug that results in no bandits & also Quarry plot reverting to L1 instead of only losing one level.

If all the first 5 sizes of tombs are built in a nome, and one does not have a choice of where their capital city will be, Then why would they stay to go immortal? No where do it say "first come first served" with the tombs. If you go immortal you need a tomb.

This bug needs to be fixed fast!!!!!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:32 pm

"thegrad" wrote:If all the first 5 sizes of tombs are built in a nome, and one does not have a choice of where their capital city will be, Then why would they stay to go immortal? No where do it say "first come first served" with the tombs. If you go immortal you need a tomb.

This bug needs to be fixed fast!!!!!

Totally agree! This bug is a real BAD one. :( There is plenty of room in the rest of the nome for multiple pyramids or at least a pulldown menu of later Immortality goers.

Thank You for posting it! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:31 pm

My $.02 is for a pull down menu also, that seems like an elegant solution. Listed perhaps with age, death date and sorted by rank at death.

:cool:

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:41 pm

"PantherX" wrote:My $.02 is for a pull down menu also, that seems like an elegant solution. Listed perhaps with age, death date and sorted by rank at death.

:cool:

Since there is plenty of room in the nomes, I think each person should have their own tomb. Let them be scattered throughout the nome instead of all placed at one end. I worked as hard for my tomb as the one that was already placed, So why do I not get to have my own?
Last edited by thegrad on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:59 pm

.. because the game has a bug, and like so many other bugs, it is not likely to be repaired soon, if ever. It is a known bug, but unfortunately not to you, I understand your disappointment. :( Maybe it would be a good idea to have a list of known bugs, maybe in the wiki. You could have built your tomb from any of your cities BTW, not necessarily your capital, that was also bugged originally, but seems to have been fixed. Congratulations on your death, something tells me we haven't seen the last of you though ;)

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:07 pm

"joshofet" wrote:.. because the game has a bug, and like so many other bugs, it is not likely to be repaired soon, if ever. It is a known bug, but unfortunately not to you, I understand your disappointment. :( Maybe it would be a good idea to have a list of known bugs, maybe in the wiki. You could have built your tomb from any of your cities BTW, not necessarily your capital, that was also bugged originally, but seems to have been fixed. Congratulations on your death, something tells me we haven't seen the last of you though ;)

Here is a list of the known bugs on Wiki.

Current bugs
From Nile Online Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Bug list and known issues:

26 (not 25 and very occasionally 24-hope for this) cedar may be needed for your first ship.
Going further than the game's limits in nomes (1 nome below Rakhai and 1 nome above Setman) causes the nome screen to stop working. You need to click on the little icon or your city name to go back to the city.
Bandit plots with 0 bandits appear in both Theoris and Sabah from pyramids/sphinxes after their owners become immortal.
For some players, luxury gifts to the traders in the traders event count as
double...

This is also on Wiki;

Immortality
When you have fully upgraded a palace, you unlock the option to construct a tomb for your Pharaoh. This effectively retires and deletes your account, but leaves behind traces of your legacy.
The size of the tomb is tied to your ranking at the time of retirement. The higher your rank, the more impressive your tomb will be. The tombs are seen via the nome level, and show up in the capital nome of the Pharaoh in question. Details are displayed via the Hall of Immortality page. When a Pharaoh is immortalized, the name is also permanently retired, meaning that no one will be able to ever use it again within that world.

Very misleading.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Update. I just went Immortality last night too, Grad. No pyramid for me either, cuz JuliaSet's is in the way.

Oh the irony of the situation! LOLOLOL

:D

Funnier than HELL!

...and dat's a fact, Jackie...<g>...

As you know, I'm not big on such things, so no worries for me. I DO cry for you & the other players, though.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:09 pm

LOLOLOL !!!

What an irony indeed!

Some things you just can't believe :D

By the way, how do you know there's no tomb for you? No accusation or attack... just curious

:)

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:21 pm

If you fill up the nome screen with icons, to allow 'everybody' to have a visible tomb, eventually
you will run out of room and you hit the same problem again in the future.

I think I may have a solution though...

Allow only one icon for each tomb size, similar to how it works now.
Except when you mouse over the tomb, it would show you a list of all pharaohs who have a tomb that size, instead of just the 'first' pharaoh.
At the top of the list would be the first pharaoh to achieve that tomb size, and the bottom of the list would be the latest.

(or it could be alphabetical)

Edit: I did not read the whole thread, so I apologize if a similar suggestion was made.
Last edited by Zeal on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bugs”