How do I get sculptors to get statues from the quarry?

Find a bug on the Nile?
Nefertiti101

How do I get sculptors to get statues from the quarry?

Postby Nefertiti101 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:40 am

I'm noticed that the sculptors will get statues from cargo drop of points,but not from the statues from the quarry. How do I get my sculptors to get small statues from the quarry that are sitting on sleds? I have an exchange, I can't figure it out. Thanks for your help. :confused:

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:21 am

You need an overseer for the basalt quarry, at least a minimum of 4 laborers, and one stone cutter with an overseer overseeing statu construction or set to oversee all construction. You can switch the one overseer from the quarry to construction once the basalt slab has been cut and hauled out of the quarry.

Laborers do the pulling of sledges. The ones coming from the barge landings as imports will be taken care of automatically.

To get the ones frm the quarry, you have to have built the clay brick base for each statue, before the laborers will cut the basalt blank slab from the quarry and pull it out. Laborers will cut four small and one large slab from the quarry in that order. Then four laborers will come and pull the blank slab to the base you have had built where the stone cutter will carver it into a statue.

If there is a river between the quarry and place where you want the statue built, you will need to have a local barge landing on each side of the river. Each landing must have a local barge, which requires that you also have a shipwright built and a supply of imported cedar wood to build them with.

The stone slab will be taken to the local barge landing and ferried across the river to the other local barge landing on the other side. From there the laborers will pull the slab to the brick base.

BettyKhan

Postby BettyKhan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:08 pm

What are you talking about? Is that Children of the Nile?

tobing

Postby tobing » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:40 pm

"BettyKhan" wrote:What are you talking about? Is that Children of the Nile?

Yep...

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 pm

lol Keith didn't even catch that it's in the wrong forum.. :D

Good answer though!

That's literally the most difficult thing about CoTN
:cool:
:cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Sculpture shops can only use imported small statues, not quarried ones.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Right. I totally overlooked the fact you were asking about sculptors. As mentioned, you have to import small statues for your sculptor shops.

Return to “Bugs”