Lost scarabs

Find a bug on the Nile?
grimfrid

Lost scarabs

Postby grimfrid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:48 am

I had 5 scarabs after recently getting two more from quests. Now I have only 3 again. Can anyone
check what's happened?

edit: I also had not deleted the mails confirming them, but now they are gone, even if it's only
about two or three days ago (I have managed to send out and get back envoys four times since I
got the scarabs).

edit: Now my papyrus scroll has been changed too! I use it to keep track of how much goods I've
sent to trading partners and now the numbers are wrong! Has someone deleted the last days of
play?
Last edited by grimfrid on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hippocratia

Postby Hippocratia » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:06 am

"grimfrid" wrote:I had 5 scarabs after recently getting two more from quests. Now I have only 3 again. Can anyone
check what's happened?

edit: I also had not deleted the mails confirming them, but now they are gone, even if it's only
about two or three days ago (I have managed to send out and get back envoys four times since I
got the scarabs).

edit: Now my papyrus scroll has been changed too! I use it to keep track of how much goods I've
sent to trading partners and now the numbers are wrong! Has someone deleted the last days of
play?

The last few days of play have been lost, due to a catastrophic loss of data on backup servers, requiring a roll-back to the last stable database condition on 18th March. Obviously everything that people have done since then has been lost, but it is better than trying to continue with the corrupted data of the last few days.

Commiserations on the loss of scarabs from quests, as they aren't easy to find. I've just checked and I've also lost one that my envoys found. However, they may find more in the future.

grimfrid

Postby grimfrid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 pm

As it's the same for eveyone, I bet they won't give me my two scarabs back. (How typical
my luck that the crash happened right now..) Let's hope they make their backup systems
less vulnerable now. About three days of lost data is really quite sensational, hopefully it's
been an eye-opener.

Return to “Bugs”