Dixie Chicks Rout Grammys!

Off-topic discussions about everything else
MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:30 pm

FIVE including all the top Grammys. Every Grammy they were nominated for.

1) Album of the Year: "Taking the Long Way," Dixie Chicks.

2) Record of the Year: "Not Ready to Make Nice," Dixie Chicks.

3) Song of the Year: "Not Ready to Make Nice," Martie Maguire, Natalie Maines, Emily Robison and Dan Wilson (Dixie Chicks).

4) Country Album: "Taking the Long Way," Dixie Chicks.

5) Country Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: "Not Ready to Make Nice," Dixie Chicks.

The Dixie Chicks have now won a total of 13 Grammys.

JRGJD

Postby JRGJD » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:20 pm

WOOHOO CHICKS!!!!!!

And I quote: "I'm not ready to make nice, not ready to back down. I'm still mad as hell, and I don't have time to go 'round and 'round and 'round."

Success is the best revenge.

Peas, JR :D

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:28 pm

Grammys bounce back in ratings

An estimated 20.1 million people watched the Dixie Chicks take home every trophy they were eligible for Sunday night.

The Recording Academy embraced more serious fare by veteran artists on Sunday, showering the Dixie Chicks with five awards, including the rare trifecta of record, album, and song of the year.

Also, the Amateur duet with Justin Timberlake & phone-in contest winner 19-year-old Robyn Troup was outstanding.

As was...

Rock Album: "Stadium Arcadium," Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Rock Song: "Dani California," Flea, John Frusciante, Anthony Kiedis and Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: "Dani California," Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAX-1

Postby MAX-1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:17 pm

And still the Country Music stations refuse to air their music. :rolleyes:

dorn

Postby dorn » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:51 pm

That was anight, wasn't it!! :eek:

I love the chicks, got all their music- one of my favourites is the -i think unreleased on a dcx album- song ''west texas wind''!! :D

I watched the Grammies here in germany- it was agreat very early morning and just so cool- i was singing so very out loud,when my chicks won, that some neigbours were about awaking and knocking at my door!!!

Congrats DCX!! It was an fantastic last album with many new influences and i hope for much more of such cool stuff!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D :)

And i also first time ever saw carry underwood- singing that ''desperado'', which i liked at the cash album 'american IV', really cool singer, great girl, hope to see more from her also in germany...
Anf John Mayer: i didn't know that he was still existing, we haven't heard anything from him here since 'your body is wonderland', which brought me to the music of jennifer love hewitt along side...- really cool music on 'continuum'...waiting for the world to change, great!!!

The grammies really rock!!!!!!!!!!!

Much better than our echos here in germany!
Much more categories, which is what i love best, cos nearly every elderly star won in a category, that nobody notices usually!
Even 3 Grammies to germany- 3 times for clasical interpretations, also not that great, but worth a news in german main news, just like the dcx triumph!!!!!!! :D
Last edited by dorn on Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Outside World”