Slaughtered by Steam!

Off-topic discussions about everything else
Tinkerbell

Slaughtered by Steam!

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:08 pm

You done the most recent Steam update?

Not in Library, you have to goto your Profile & then All Games.

OMG :eek:

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:20 pm

???

I had to update Steam before I could run that save file I checked out today and mine still has the game list in the usual place.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Goto your profile & then click on all games Keith. They do not show in Library. Apparently Library only shows installed.

I have 20+ new games listed.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:31 am

If that is what you are talking about it's been that way for a while. I have been launching mine from the installed menu for some time now.

I thought they had done something else different once again.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:41 am

I think the point was all the extra games rather than the way to access them. My profile said I had 32 games whereas my games list shows nothing like that number.

Many of them seem to be mods for Half-Life 2 or similar but there are a few stand-alone full games and demos.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:38 pm

Mine only shows 10 games. The two I have currently have installed, CotN Alexandria and Mosby and couple of TM betas and the other TM games on Steam, Mosby and Hinterland and Hinterland beta, plus the game that I opened my Steam acount with 8 or 9 years back, Counter Strike Condition Zero, and a few of its addon variants.

I have to admit the old menu was simpler, where all the installed and games waiting to be installed were on the same screen.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:54 pm

"Ivy" wrote:Many of them seem to be mods for Half-Life 2 or similar but there are a few stand-alone full games and demos.

Yes! And they cannot work until we buy one of the three basic Half-Life games (Only like $2.99 or something).

Cracked me up!

I have never heard of ANY of the "new" games. LOL

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:01 pm

It is hidden within the Community section - click on Community then Games. Alternatively, Community then Profile, where there is a link to "View all 32 games" (in my case). My list starts with Age of Chivalry, America's Army 3, Children of the Nile... I had never even heard of the first two before, far less added them.

My games Library has only 11 games and I would never have noticed these extra games.

The only one I had heard of is "Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die!" I may try that one!

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:04 pm

America's Army is the game that is sponsored by the U.S. Army. It's a first person shooter. The first version of the game was free, IIRC, and it was supposedly pretty intense. You had to go through a virtual boot camp before getting into the game missions itself. I'm not sure what AA 2 and AA 3 are like.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Yep, AA3 starts with Boot Camp & I have failed 3 times so far ~ too slow on the Obstacle Course with Drill Sergeant yelling at me too! Interface rookie mostly.

OMG ~ I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Help!

:D

Return to “The Outside World”