What games are installed on your computer right now?

Off-topic discussions about everything else
Merepatra

Postby Merepatra » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 am

Long time since I've been here, interesting to see what people are now playing.

Stronghold Kingdoms
Stronghold 3
Stronghold
CivIV
Empire Total War

GillB

Postby GillB » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Fairly new computer so all I have installed atm are World of Warcraft which I play daily, and Zuma which is just for short breaks between bits of work.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:13 am

Time to update my list. Got a few more goodies. :D

Children of the Nile
Hinterland
SimCity: Societies
Civilization III
Star Wars: Empire at War
City Life 2008
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Tropico 3

davisheiskell

Postby davisheiskell » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:08 am

With my personal PC still acting up due to a bum power supply, I haven't been doing as much gaming lately. I still have all my usual installed even thought I haven't played most of them in six months since my virtual problem started. The games I currently have installed on my computer are: Caesar III Pharaoh/Cleopatra Zeus/Poseidon Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom Children of the Nile/Alexandria ...

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 pm

davisheiskell, you and me both. :) I've been slow or lazy on getting my PC fixed. The power supply went bad over a year ago and I can only run it for about 2 hours a day before the PSU overheats from a thermal short (my guess) and causes the sytem to reboot. The problem is that the power unit is not your average PSU and requires a special type only made for my machine. These are not available from the maker any more and I've only found rebuilt power units avalable. So most of my games go unplayed for now.

I've been using my wife's lesser computer during all this time. It's not setup for gaming at all with a crumby little ATI X300 video card. I've mostly been play COTN online. And just recently bought a game from 2006, "Sid Meier's Railroads" and installed it on my wife's computer. I had been playing the demo for a long time and had the demo installed more than once. I like the original "Railroad Tycoon" years ago. Never got into RRT2 or RRT3.

So for now, until I fix or replace my computer, which is now 8 years old, I'm only playing "SMR" and, occasionally, COTN or "World in Conflict" on crippled system until the computer crashes for the day.

tobing

Postby tobing » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Just installed Gomoria.

Look at this site: https://indiegamestand.com/ which similar to HumbleBundle and such offer single indie games for a price that the buyer sets.

Gomoria looks very interesting, heavily inspired by Dwarf Fortress, with elements from other economy simulators and city builders. I'm very curious to see how this game evolves, as it's currently in alpha, but already nicely playable.

Pharaoh Pepy

Postby Pharaoh Pepy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Lots, more than I can ever play.

Caesar IV
The full Total War series from Rome onwards (so many mods and the release of that Steam kit might allow proper mods with Shogun).
Saints Row 2 and the Third
GTA III and the rest of the series onwards.
Mount and Blade series.
Crusader Kings 1 and II.
Mafia II
Europa Universalis series from 2 onwards.
Civcity Rome
Settlers VII
Tropico IV
Children of the Nile: Alexandria
American Conquest
Alexander (could have been great and effed up by a rushed release, the campaign cannot be completed, I reinstalled it).
0AD
Bully
Stronghold II
The Guild II and expansions.
Civilization V and expansions.

etc.

MrBernie

Postby MrBernie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:36 am

I already know that if I resurrect this thread and list my currently installed games, I will afterwards want to play all of them:

• Children of the Nile
  • Dragon Age 1 + 2
  • Dwarf Fortress
  • The Sims Medieval
  • Ghostmaster
  • Jade Empire
  • Liberal Crime Squad
  • The Movies
  • Mass Effect 1-3
  • Aion
  • EU 3
  • Bully
  • Caesar IV
  • Emperor
  • Zeus
  • Pharaoh
  • Crusader Kings 2
  • Skyrim
  • Zoo Tycoon 2

and already Dwarf Fortress looks very enticing . . .

LadyCrimson

Postby LadyCrimson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Oh my. I have oodles. Most of them, however, I haven't played much or haven't touched in months. But with today's giant HDD's, I have a tendency to rarely uninstall games, so most games installed since my last O/S install are still there, "just in case". :p Don't spend as much time gaming as I used to, overall, tho.

Main rig (Win7):

Borderlands 1
Diablo 1
Diablo 3 (don't play it anymore, big disappointment, but still installed in case they ever improve it)
Path of Exile (waiting for it to be non-beta at this point)
Caesar 4

Via Steam: (offline mode always on)
Borderlands 2 (co-op with spouse all the time)
Fallout New Vegas/all DLC's (not played in months but loved it to death)
Torchlight 2 (never finished, but light-fun aRPG)
Crusader Kings 2 (barely touched yet)
Farming Simulator 2013 (barely started)
The Walking Dead (tried it, not really my thing)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R series (barely started but looks fun)
Dungeon Siege 3 (decent game, but nothing like the original DS games)
Metro 2033 (my GPU tester, haha)
Risen 2-Dark Waters (good game, not as good as previous ones)
Universe Sandbox (just fun to play with)
Death Spank series (cute)
Batman Arkham (the 1st one, barely started)
Saints Row 2 (oddball fun)
(I had Skyrim but meh, that one I did uninstall)

(I have a dozen or more other titles that I bought on Steam sales that haven't been downloaded/installed/tried yet ... or were installed/uninstalled)

From GoG:
Baldur's Gate1
Botanicula
Caesar 3
Machinarium
Miasmata
Roller Coaster Tycoon 1
Settler 2 Gold
Stronghold Crusader/HD
Stronghold/HD
Theme Hospital

2nd, XP PC:
Dungeon Keeper1
Majesty 1/expansion
couple others can't think of off-hand.
Last edited by LadyCrimson on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hatshepsut

Postby Hatshepsut » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 pm

My currently installed games are:

- Children of the Nile
- Sims 3
- Anno 1404
- Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection
- Assassin's Creed/ AC II/ AC Brotherhood

but I'm only playing Brotherhood and Children of the Nile at the moment...

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 pm

I got a new computer this season, so have only installed the games I have current activities for.

Civilization V, all the xpacks.
Eveonline.... Flying around in space ships.. (this was really a hard learning curve)

I have ten other games I could download and play, but I want my defragging to be fast.. and only have the active games on this one. I can go to the basement and play more there.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 am

I got "EVE online" years ago, but never played it.

You might want to try a game from Sierra called "Homeworld", if you can still find it. It is kind of like a citybuilder in the sense that your fleet of ships carrying your fleeing refugee population, must gather resources (asteroids) with harvesters and make new ships of various types, while fending off occasional attacks by an alien civilization as they journey through space to a new homeworld. You can capture enemy ships using tractor tugs and pull them into your mothership where they are converted to your fleet's service.

Homeworld is not a online game and despite the impression the above description might give, the game is not all combat, but it is a strong component.

Michael447

Postby Michael447 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Presently:

World of Warcraft + all expacs
Caesar IV
Civilization V + expac

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Newly installed:
Alpha Centauri plus Alien Crossfire expansion. (Mastertronic/Sold out impulse buy at supermarket)
I've had AC since the 20th century but the expansion is new.

Expansion requires Cd to be in drive which was a pain. One of the joys of AC was you could play it for just half an hour if you wanted a quick diversion

I was tempted by Anno 1404 on the same stand, but I didn't really like Anno 1701 - maybe next time. Anyone played it?

mad_genius

Postby mad_genius » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:25 am

Currently installed:
  • Pharaoh + Cleopatra Expansion
  • Children of the Nile Enhanced Edition + Expansion + H.T.O.P. Mod
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Civilization V + Gods & Kings Expansion
  • Towns
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown + Slingshot DLC
  • Anno 2070 + Deep Ocean Expansion + all DLCs
  • Torchlight 2

Already played but not currently installed:
  • Caesar III & Caesar IV
  • Zeus - Master of Olympus + Poseidon Expansion
  • Emperor - Rise of the Middle Kingdom
  • CivCity: Rome
  • Grand Ages Rome
  • Homeworld 2
  • Simcity 2000 & Simcity 3000 & Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition (with many GB of plugins and mods :D )
  • CitiesXL 2012 Platinum
  • Anno 1503 & Anno 1701 & Anno 1404 + Venice Expansion
  • Tropico 2 & Tropico 3 & Tropico 4
  • Settlers 6 & Settlers 7
  • Age of Empires III + Expansions
  • Empire Earth 2
  • Rise of Nations + Thrones and Patriots Expansion + Rise of Legends
  • Stronghold 2 & Stronghold 3
  • Avernum Escape from the pit
  • Avadon
  • Football Manager 2011
  • F1 2001 & F1 2012
  • Freelancer

Already bought on Steam but not yet installed:
  • Football Manager 2013
  • Kenshi

Waiting for a steam promotion sale to buy:
  • Civilization V - Brave New World Expansion
  • Simcity 4 Deluxe (my disc has a big scratch and is gone for good)
  • Cities in Motion 2 DLCs
  • X Rebirth

Waiting for:
  • XCOM - Enemy Within
  • Incognita
  • Frozen Endzone
  • Medieval Mayor (obviously :D )
  • Banished
  • F1 2013
  • Avadon 2
  • Folk Tale
  • Homeworld: Shipbreakers
  • Planet Explorers
Last edited by mad_genius on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:48 pm

I'll have to keep tabs on the two remakes of "Homeworld".

I have the original game and the second "Homeworld: Cataclysm". I never did play the second for some reason, which is surprising, because I was fascinated with the original "Homeworld" itself.

Seems Gearbox picked up the rights to several other Sierra games of the "Half-Life" series and "Counter Strike: Condition Zero".

mad_genius

Postby mad_genius » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:07 am

"Herodotus" wrote:I was tempted by Anno 1404 on the same stand, but I didn't really like Anno 1701 - maybe next time. Anyone played it?

Anno 1404 was a cool game. The thing with all "old" Anno games is that you have to get some exports going in order to make a profit. It's impossible to have a stable profit with just the taxes.

If you're up to a more futuristic setting then I advise you to try Anno 2070.
This new "futuristic" Anno functions in the opposite way of the previous games. Taxes and "housing level" are the way to go to get a stable profit while exports are there just to get some extra money.

"Keith" wrote:I'll have to keep tabs on the two remakes of "Homeworld".

I have the original game and the second "Homeworld: Cataclysm". I never did play the second for some reason, which is surprising, because I was fascinated with the original "Homeworld" itself.

I haven't played the original game but, from what I understand "Homeworld 2" is some sort of sequel in terms of the story.

About "Homeworld: Shipbreakers" it appears to have a similar playstyle in that it's an RTS, you search for resources and gather them to build stuff and there are enemies trying to do the same.
The setting appears to be more focused on doing your stuff on the surface of planets rather than in outer space.
We'll have to wait and see what it turns out to be when it's released.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:10 pm

"Homeworld" was interesting to play for me. It's was not a FPS "shootem' up" like X-Wing or Wing Commander. The game had the same sort of pacing as games like Caesar III through Children of the Nile have.

It was more like a citybuilder, except your city was a fleet of ships of multiple types and capabilities travelling through a space. One had to send out collector ships to harvest raw materials from derelict ships and asteroids so that it could be used to build more ships in the mothership. All the while your fleet of ships is constantly moving forward on the search for the race's original "homeworld".

You can view your ships from close up or from a "God's eye view" from multiple camera angles during the game.

You have to you have to decide on which technology the research ship must work on next and protect that ship because you only get one.

You have a research ship that can develop net technologies and ship types with the supply of materials. You an develop new engines, sensor arrays, etc.

Along the way a hostile civilization harasses and attacks your fleet. So you must build up your fleets of military ships for defense and offense. You can capture enemy ships with small groups of salvage corvettes in the middle of a battle and drag that ship back into your mothership where it will be converted and re-emerge as part of your fleet.

Ship types include the following combat classes: scout, interceptor, fighter, cloaked fighter, defense fighter, attack bomber, light corvette, salvage corvette, heavy corvette, multigun corvette, minelayer corvette, repair corvette, assault frigate, defense field frigate, drone frigate, ion cannon frigate. support frigate, missile destroyer, destroyer, heavy cruiser, carrier, mothership.

Non-combat class ships include: resource collector, collector controller, sensor, cloak generator, gravwell generator, probe, proximity sensor, sensor arrays and research ship.

The mothership is massively huge, it dwarfs the rest of the ships of the fleet by at least 50x fold. The story says it took 20 years just to build up the infrastructure before they could start constructing it. You must defend the mothership at all costs when attacked.

It all culminates at the end of what would be a "campaign" in normal citybuilders with two huge battle fleets fighting it out for the rights to the homeworld in the climactic end of the game.

Alrope

My games

Postby Alrope » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:48 pm

My last visit was a long time ago... but it looks like there isn't that much to see around here anyway...

But I liked the idea to cheer things up, so let's go.

Cities in Motion - I like it very much it's a very pretty game and you always can sadistically watch all those guys waiting at the bus lines and think... It's kind of funny, when it's not happening to you... :D

Cities in Motion 2 - I have installed but I intend to start only after I finish the first one... It's not that pretty, but have huge possibilites with 3d cities and with its development linked to the mass transit decisions.

Europa Universalis 3 - Complete - because sometimes all you just want is to try your world domination schemes... :)

Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer - because some days you just want to shoot someone in the face :D

Farming Giant: because sometimes you just want to go back to the roots (literally). It looks like a nice game, but I had some crash problems and I've can't play enough to have real fun with it.

Salem - a nice little mmo beta of crafting and surviving in 16h century New England. A nice premise, but the community is a little to hostile for my taste... :p

Tomb Raider - because you never forget your first crush... :cool:

Wishlist:

I bought my laptop recently and just have games I'm really playing right now... my old one had a lot more, but most of it just doesn't work, or because of Win 7 or because my own inability...

Now I intend to buy the good old ones from GOG (even those I already have the CDs), just to avoid problems with migration to the Win 8...

Caesar III - because you never had enough of romans...
Pharaoh/Cleopatra - Because I miss those pyramids so much... :(
Zeus/Poseidon - Because I've never completed the campaign of Zeus... oh the shame... :eek:
Tropico Reloaded - because "Viva El Presidente"

Reinstalls

Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom - I have the old CD around here, and unfortunatelly it still doesn't show up at GOG, so I'll have to work a little to make it works. Because I loved the modular farms and the musicians and the acrobats at the markets...

Regards,
Alexandre

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:42 pm

You've got a good mix.

"Cities in Motion" sounds very much like "Traffic Giant" by the former JoWooD Entertainment now bankrupt and soldoff. I played around with the TG demo for a while years ago, it was fun for a short time but I never got the full game.

Return to “The Outside World”