Children of the Nile in Indie Royal bundle

Off-topic discussions about everything else
Czech Centurian

Children of the Nile in Indie Royal bundle

Postby Czech Centurian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Children of the Nile: Enhanced Edition is on the The Stuffing Bundle from Indie Royal.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Cool. :) I wonder if TM gets a cut of that?

It certainly is an eclectic collection of games.

tobing

Postby tobing » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm

What a shame that the enhanced version is only available via Steam. At least the "normal" version of CotN is contained DRM-free.

tobing

Postby tobing » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:21 am

I have tried the Desura version, the one which can be downloaded. It says that it's the enhanced edition, but when playing (works fine without DRM) there's no Alexandria, so it seems that it's the basic version instead.

:eek: :confused:

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:01 am

"Keith" wrote:Cool. :) I wonder if TM gets a cut of that?

It certainly is an eclectic collection of games.

I know on the humblebundles there are sliders where you can give all the the devs or split with charity also.

Already have Children of the nile on steam but I thought I'd give a heads up anyway.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 pm

"tobing" wrote:I have tried the Desura version, the one which can be downloaded. It says that it's the enhanced edition, but when playing (works fine without DRM) there's no Alexandria, so it seems that it's the basic version instead.

:eek: :confused:

It may be the "enhanced version". Alexandria is an addon. I believe the enhanced version of CotN is v.2.0. Alexandria makes it 2.1, IIRC.

I don't have access to my game to confirm that right now.

You can check the game version you have by right clicking on the game exe file (Cotn.exe) and then clicking on the version tab.

I believe the game version is also displayed on the one of the startup screens or the main menu.

tobing

Postby tobing » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 am

The desura downloadable version says 1.0 in its installer. The CotN exe says it's file version 1.3.0.5 and product version is 1.3.1.5. Alexandria is not contained.

I have both on Steam, there the two are different entries and executables, as it seems. One is the basic CotN and the other is the enhanced edition, containing Alexandria. File version of CotN is 1.3.1.2 and file version of CotN EE is 2.0.1.6.

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:58 am

I find checking to see if you have the extras that the Enhanced Edition added is a good way to check, If you have a Brickyard and more then ?3? Plazas then you have the Enhanced, (be it Alex or not) if not then it is indead the origional.
As a side note my COTN start file says that it is Version 1.3.0.1 and is updated to enhanced, but I don't have Alex, and I updated from an origional CD install.

EDIT: you can still update a normal (if you mean non-EE) install of COTN to the EE anyway via the patch on the COTN website.
Last edited by Nighteyes on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

tobing

Postby tobing » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 pm

"Nighteyes" wrote:If you have a Brickyard and more then ?3? Plazas then you have the Enhanced

Brickyard is present, so the downloadable is indeed already patched to the enhanced edition. There's no Alexandria though.

Return to “The Outside World”