Games you're playing until the release of Medieval Mayor

Off-topic discussions about everything else
Czech Centurian

Games you're playing until the release of Medieval Mayor

Postby Czech Centurian » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Like the title says, games you're playing between the announcement until the release of Medieval Mayor?

At the moment I'm playing Caesar IV, Tropico 4 and Imperium Romanum.
Last edited by Czech Centurian on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Let's see...

I was playing Imperium Romanium, finished it for the 3rd time.
So I played some Sim City Societies. I can't figure out who I paid for destinations so just playing the Vanilla game.
Just re-bought Zeus/Poseidon and playing now (5th or 6th time through)
Next will be Pharaoh/Cleopatra for the 5 or 6th time through.
Then I would bet that I play some CoTN since I just re-installed from the new impulse (gamestop) service.

Then there is always a little Diablo 3 and some Portal 1or2
I have been working through the tutorials for Cities XL 2012 but it does not seem to be sucking me in.
I just installed the demo for Cities in Motion and waiting to try that. I think I tried it a couple years ago but never got into it.

Then every once in a while I pop into some of the other games I have installed (too many to list) for 15 to 20 min of fun.

I am sooOOOoo looking forward to MM as there is nothing new to discover in these old games. I was hoping Cities XL would get me interested but not yet. It does usually take me a little while to get the hang of a new game, especially city builders. I usually have to play them for a bit, set them down and try again later to really get into it.
:cool:

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:16 pm

I've been playing a copy of Sid Meier's Railroads I got a couple months ago.

My own main gaming computer is crippled (STILL --- and I'm looking for a new one....I'm considering a new top end Dell or a top model HP.)

My access to it is limited to two hours a day, so I try to squeeze in as much as possible on it before it crashes again. I manage to occasionally play CotN, and World In Conflict (in the local LAN mode agains a swarm of BOTs).

I bought SMRR because it was an old game and it can be played on my wife's computer with some difficulty. It's the machine I've been using all this time since my own computer developed its problem. It's graphics card is just a Radeon X300/X550/X1050 series so it gets hot not having its own fan and starts to cause problems with games if I play for a long time.

I don't get much chance to play any of the other games installed on my own system and have been pretty much limited to these three for a couple of hours per day.

Jacquou Le

Postby Jacquou Le » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:51 am

These I'm playing:

Stronghold Kingdoms
CotN
Caesar 3 & 4
Glory of Rome (Google+ and Facebook)
Pirates: Tides of Fortune (Google+ and Facebook)
SimCity 4
SimCity Social (Facebook)
The Sims Social (Facebook) :p
Little Big City (on my old Nokia phone; Symbian) :D
SimCity DS (on my DSi) :rolleyes:

EmperorJay

Postby EmperorJay » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:45 am

Diablo III mostly, some Far Cry 3 when I want something else.

Bought Anno 2070 on sale because of my renewed city building vibe, but haven't played it yet.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 pm

I've been playing CotN, some Zoo Tycoon 2 and SCS w/ Destinations. Can't get enough of the CBs. :D
Can I have more.............please.........soon..............like real soon

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Blame me, I've been playing the Sims3 for most of the time lately. Or rather, I couldn't help but to dive into the editor and build on my own neighbourhood for the last years now. You can find my thread in the German Sims forums ;)

Other than that, I played some rpgs like Risen2 and Two Worlds 2, and tried some builders like Anno 2070, but didn't get hooked for long to any like to the old impression games. I just don't like this whole "do this, do that, follow the plan or fail" kind of builder anymore. I guess I will try the new SimCity, though, and of course I'm looking forward to get my hands on Medieval Major :D

Marius

Postby Marius » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 am

Tropico 4
Tropico 2 Pirate's Cove
Anno 2070
Pharaoh

East India Company to a minor degree

(forgive me for this one but have been dropping in forever on a social basis) Eternal Lands

Occasional flash games on Kong as the mood hits.

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:01 pm

I've been playing Industry Giant II recently. I've got Dawn of Discovery installed under Windows 7 but everything else is on a VMWare XP machine. That includes Caesar III, Pharoah with Cleopatra, and vanilla CoTN. Sadly, I don't go into the virtual machine as often as I might, to play those. I haven't got SCS back on anywhere because I can't locate my manual with the keycode. I ought to put Zoo Tycoon and Circus Empire back too. I do enjoy those games. I played some MM6 and MM7 last summer. The only game I play off-and-on, all-year-round, is Dwarf Fortress. I have a discussion thread on this forum to thank for my having discovered that game, as I recall.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:44 pm

I'm playing Civilization and Eveonline.

MrBernie

Postby MrBernie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 am

Currently I'm tackling the CotN campaign again, I just finished Men-Nefer today (I got a new time record for myself, so I'm proud :P ).

Afterwards I'll probably switch genres and try my hand at a renegade run through all three Mass Effects (I can't help it, I've so far only played paragons; I'm late to the ME train anyways).
Or maybe Dragon Age again; it's been a while since I've done a proper fantasy RPG.

LadyCrimson

Postby LadyCrimson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Haven't been playing much lately (not in a gaming mood). But my husband and I still play Borderlands 2 a fair amount. It's the only game/series he likes, so...I play. Loved BL1 and the first one is pretty good too. Much better for co-op play at least. We have a lot of fun with it.

Other than that ... outside of occasionally spending an hour or two on old faves, nothing much.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:02 pm

I just finished a Caesar IV campaign. Something I had not been able to do over the past year due to my crippled old computer. It would only run for about 2 hours a day before it got hot enough for the short to cause the system to reset. I just completed Nicomedia this afternoon.

Other than that I'm still playing a bit of Children of the Nile and my usual World in Conlict. I completed a 14 scenario single player campaign in WiC Monday and Tuesday. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that as well.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 pm

I am working through the CIV compaign again. Then back to CotN campaign.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:36 pm

I restarted a Caesar IV campaign and have completed every city on each level up in the Kingdom and Republic campaigns. I just finished Lugdunum Thursday and and Carthago yesterday, which completes the final two cities of the Republic campaign.

EmperorJay

Postby EmperorJay » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Unless something really weird happens, I'll be buying the new Bioshock this evening :) Not sure how long it can occupy me, but we'll see!

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:37 pm

"EmperorJay" wrote:Unless something really weird happens, I'll be buying the new Bioshock this evening :) Not sure how long it can occupy me, but we'll see!

Bought it yesterday. Busy downloading it now. Nearly finished with Tomb Raider.

LadyCrimson

Postby LadyCrimson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:29 am

I've been playing the public alpha of Planet Explorers, a voxel-based sandbox/rpg game. Lot of fun. I pledged to it on Kickstarter (they just made funding goal today, yay). Never got into Minecraft (even the newer versions) but lovin' Planet Explorers. It's still early and rough, but high hopes I'll finally have my perfect sandbox. :)

Pharaoh Pepy

Postby Pharaoh Pepy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Saint's Row the Third, Mount and Blade Warband mods, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Tropico 4, Crusader Kings 2 most of all. I have an endless amount of games and often pick one randomly for a little play. I will play Caesar IV again, if I can discover where I backed up my savegames to. I found my COTN savegames (also some mod makes it look great in highest res), so will resume that game. I reinstalled as I put my Windows partition on a fast little SSD drive. Grand Ages Rome on occasion.
Last edited by Pharaoh Pepy on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

EmperorJay

Postby EmperorJay » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 am

Just finished Bioshock Infinite. Brilliant: incredible story, challenging gameplay, awesome graphics.

After I finished it, I looked up some articles and reviews (the story's quite complicated) and noticed many think the game to be graphically too violent. I guess those people have a point, but it does fit the atmosphere (scenery and story).

Return to “The Outside World”