Pharaoh/Queen of the Nile

Off-topic discussions about everything else
helios91

Pharaoh/Queen of the Nile

Postby helios91 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Hello Guys (and Girls haha) ;)

I hope to have chosen the right forum for this question. Ultimately I´ve started playing Pharaoh/Queen of the Nile again, and now I´ve got a question:

Several maps from the campaign mode aren´t available in the scenario mode. It´s possible to alter those maps from the scenario mode with the mission editor.

So I would like to change some settings in the mission editor, but those maps aren´t available in the "map" folder of the pharaoh folder on my harddisk.
I found out, that all these maps must be stored in the mission1.pak file - which, unfortunately, I´m unable to open. I´ve tried several .pak extractors - but non of them was able to extract the map files. (expect of one, who extracted files with no exention)

My question is: is it somehow possible to extract these files from the mission1.pak file? I mean I don´t think it would be some kind of violation of the copyright - because I´m able to alter the maps from the scenario folder - why wouldn´t they give us the opportunity to do the same stuff with the campaign maps ?

PS: besides - i´m talking about the alexandria map in the campaign - the same named map in the scenario folder looks totally different. :mad:

thanks for reading =) regards helios

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:12 am

While there are some Pharaoh players on this forum (including me) and someone may know (but not me), you will probably get a bigger audience if you asked on Pharaoh Heaven here:

http://caesar3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/caeforumscgi/index.cgi?cid=pharaoh

helios91

Postby helios91 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Thank you Herodotus for your answer ;) But I already had posted the same question in the pharaoh forum, I think 1 year ago - and nobody knew the answer ;( I thought maybe someone here would know the answer. But still thx for your help :)

Return to “The Outside World”