Ryse son of Rome

Off-topic discussions about everything else
Keith

Ryse son of Rome

Postby Keith » Thu May 08, 2014 8:32 pm

I was just browsing through YouTube last night and ran across an Xbox game called "Ryse son of Rome."

I've been watching the play throughs of the game and if you like hack and slash games this one has some really nice graphics. There are many such play throughs on YT to view and most are about 20+ minutes long. The ones I watched had player commentary and review as he played. He seemed to enjoy the game and was impressed.

For those that enjoy such games there is lots of brutal combat and plenty of gore, including dismemberments, etc.

There was one file that I could not get to play in my browser which contained all the cinematic cutscenes of the game combined into a 1hour and 43 min long "movie" which gives you a great feel for the story behind the game. "Ryse: Son of Rome All Cutscenes (Game Movie) 1080p HD"

I had to use a 3rd party utility to download the video from YT and play it locally in order to view it.

The story revolves around a Roman soldier, Marius, who rises through the ranks and seeks revenge for the murder of his family.

I don't own a Xbox or console, but I was intrigued by the story in the video, even if the combat does get to be kind of repetitive over time.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu May 08, 2014 8:56 pm

I should note that the storyline does play fast and loose with historical facts, but it's still entertaining.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Sat May 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Sounds interesting, I will check it out.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat May 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Just be forewarned...it's not a citybuilder by any means at all. :) The video should not be viewed by underage children.

I see that there is a add-on pack for Ryse. It's called "Duel of the Fates".

I was visiting the developer's website and noticed that they a four-part live action promotional video for RSOR, called "The Fall". That was interesting to watch.

If the long video mentioned above won't load for you, like it did for me, download it.

Just paste the URL of the video into the box at keepvid.com (requires you install Java...I recommend you go to the ORACLE company Java website and install it from there.)

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue May 13, 2014 10:15 am

It took 12 hours, but I uploaded the full length video above to one of my cloud accounts. For some reason the YouTube link doesn't work with MSIE and Chrome for playback, but it did work with the browser in my big screen tv.

You can use the following link to either download or PLAY the video right from there.

http://pc.cd/fnY

Playback works best with DSL speeds and higher.

For slower connections, download the video file and use a player like VLCPlayer or another player that can run mp4 video files. File size is 3.4GB. Download time at 720K-768K (7GB DSL) is about 56m - 60m.

Downloading and playing the file locally gives you the best HD performance.

Approx. Runtime: 1h 43m

For a game, it has an interesting story.

Get yourself a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the video.

(Warning: Not for younger children. Violence, Blood, Gore, Language.)

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Wed May 14, 2014 4:44 pm

"Keith" wrote:It took 12 hours, but I uploaded the full length video above to one of my cloud accounts. For some reason the YouTube link doesn't work with MSIE and Chrome for playback, but it did work with the browser in my big screen tv.

You can use the following link to either download or PLAY the video right from there.

http://pc.cd/fnY

Playback works best with DSL speeds and higher.

For slower connections, download the video file and use a player like VLCPlayer or another player that can run mp4 video files. File size is 3.4GB. Download time at 720K-768K (7GB DSL) is about 56m - 60m.

Downloading and playing the file locally gives you the best HD performance.

Approx. Runtime: 1h 43m

For a game, it has an interesting story.

Get yourself a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the video.

(Warning: Not for younger children. Violence, Blood, Gore, Language.)

Thank you :D I will park myself at my desktop to watch the whole thing.

Return to “The Outside World”