playing olc CBs again

Off-topic discussions about everything else
arcan

playing olc CBs again

Postby arcan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 am

Hi everyone,
long time no see... Sorry.
I've been introducing a friend of mine to a few old CB that she didn't know about. First one is CotN. No problem there. The second is Emperor, and it got trickier as when I bought it I had to import it and it's only in English. My friend doesn't speak English at all.. I found 2 versions of the French patch. one won't find the installed game, the other would let the game in English. Anyone can tell me how to put it in French?
Thanks for the help.

Keith

Re: playing olc CBs again

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:10 am

Sorry, but the French patch won't install on the English language version of the game. It will only install on the French language version of the game.

This is true for all language versions of the game. The patch had to be in the matching language, i.e., German patch for the German language version of the game, etc. There are two English versions of the patch because there are two English language versions of the game, U.K. English and U.S. English. The patches are not interchangeable, the U.K patch only works with the U.K. language version of the game.

You'll have to buy a French language version of the game out there somewhere and then install the French patch.

arcan

Postby arcan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:51 am

Finding Emperor in French is almost impossible. That's why I eventually bought it second-hand in English. It's as if they didn't sell it in French. Too bad then. :cry:
I can't even find just the instruction manual in French. If anyone has it, It would help.
Thanks.

arcan

Postby arcan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:35 am

I fond some in French. New, they sell it for more than 50€ :shock:
Second hand, it's over 20€. When I bought mine (2nd hand) I bought it about 7 €...
If my friend wants it in French, she'll buy it. I'll stick to my English one.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:54 pm

All the language version patches for "Children of the Nile" can be found on the official CoTN website, if you need them.

http://immortalcities.com/cotn/downloads/patch.php

arcan

Postby arcan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:19 pm

Thank you Keith. I'm also introducing her to CotN. I completely forgot about the patch. As she doesn't have internet, I'll download it for her.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Mon May 02, 2016 2:24 pm

arcan wrote:Finding Emperor in French is almost impossible. That's why I eventually bought it second-hand in English. It's as if they didn't sell it in French. Too bad then. :cry:
I can't even find just the instruction manual in French. If anyone has it, It would help.
Thanks.

This is a very late reply. If you are still looking for this, ask on Heaven Games in Emperor forum. I know there is a long-time French player who still posts there occasionally who might be able to help with where to get it.

Return to “The Outside World”