SUG: Can't I build more than one thing at once?

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
The Sage Nabooru

SUG: Can't I build more than one thing at once?

Postby The Sage Nabooru » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:59 pm

It's really crippling to sit around for three hours waiting for my market to upgrade while I can't do anything else with my city.

Zuberi

Postby Zuberi » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:43 am

You can harvest resources and make goods while you wait for it to build.

CppThis

Postby CppThis » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:20 am

Working as intended, to prevent people from building mega cities overnight.

Samwise

Postby Samwise » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:19 am

Being able to queue up build orders would completely fix the problem of having to wait around to start one's next building, without introducing any new problems. Rather than making it possible to build mega cities overnight, it'd simply put the "casual" player who logs in only a few times a day on a level playing field with the one who stays up three hours past bedtime to start that next upgrade right when it's available. (Of course, the 4 AM catasses hate things that put the detested casuals on equal footing with them, so expect a fair amount of screaming if something like that ever goes in.)

Zuberi

Postby Zuberi » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:23 am

I think the queueing of upgrades would be OK because it would still require the planning of making sure you have enough resources in time for the next upgrade if you're not going to be at the computer when the next upgrade starts.

Grexes

Postby Grexes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:02 pm

"Zuberi" wrote:I think the queueing of upgrades would be OK because it would still require the planning of making sure you have enough resources in time for the next upgrade if you're not going to be at the computer when the next upgrade starts.

Don't worry, eventually some enterprising soul will write a Nile Online client that will include this feature.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:21 pm

"Grexes" wrote:Don't worry, eventually some enterprising soul will write a Nile Online client that will include this feature.

Like Reed. :D

ImaniNile

Postby ImaniNile » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:37 pm

"The Sage Nabooru" wrote:It's really crippling to sit around for three hours waiting for my market to upgrade while I can't do anything else with my city.

It would be reasonable to expect as you upgrade your Palace, the more construction projects you can take on. Perhaps every 3-4 levels, one can increase their construction project capability by one. It does remain a mystery to me how a Palace can construct anything when all the Laborers have been assigned to other jobs. ??

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”