SUG: Start markets at 3 nomes

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
davypi

SUG: Start markets at 3 nomes

Postby davypi » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:53 am

For my first city, I have to look three nomes away in order to buy cedar. If I were a new player, this would mean having to upgrade my market twice before I could even buy the materials I need to build my first boats. (At least, not without paying inflated prices from Nubians.) This, IMHO, would be unbalanced compared to somebody who is only one nome away from a cedar site. While I have no problems with the 0.55 update changing the range of the market, it does tend to pose imbalances in the availability of goods. If markets started out at 3 up/down, this would guarantee that the market at least reaches a nome with every good. After that, have a level 2 market be 4 nomes up/down, and so on.

shasamrat
Location: chandi and srina of Osirisant (116S), dibru of Bastreffer (115S), koopa of Bastkhai (106S)

Postby shasamrat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 am

I like this. It's kinder to new users who may be struggling to start.

Deguar

Postby Deguar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:31 am

Yes, I remember having to upgrade my market to level 4 (this was back when it was 1 nome +/-) at Hetephinushr my first city when I only had a level 3 palace, in order to try to find the perfume I needed for a level 4 palace. I also then had to upgrade it again to level 5 to find the cosmetics needed for level 6.

The first brickworks is effectively free, the second one is only 10 bricks and 21 minutes, so therefore the first few market upgrades should be a lot less expensive. It takes over 9 hours to get to a level 3 market from a standing start.

Deguakay
Hetephinushr of Raka (59N) Sandals and Leather
Rakheben of Amunsesh (49N) Sculptures and Bronze
Rawaset of Setger (80N) Jewelry and Gold
Perdjyamun of Rate (99N) Perfume and Oil

CppThis

Postby CppThis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Totally agreed. My gripe with the 1/level range is it screws over new players who can't easily get access to the local nomes for resources. 'Direct trade' is a fine suggestion if you're from Team Alpha and started out with loads of connections, but it doesnt help much if all the locals are either asleep at the wheel or have no boats.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Cedar people should have boats. And You have infinite scrolls that cost you nothing to send them. What do you think how "team alpha" got to know each other?

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”