Where are the cats?

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
Tanya

Where are the cats?

Postby Tanya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:53 am

Like most forums, i'm having a hard time searching through them. Here is the question rather relevant to the game. Or rather for the Egyptians.

Where are the CATS? According to archeological data from Egypt and the cat genome research Egyptians loved cats. You know the quadripedal creatures that leave their hair everywhere and love sleeping all day long. :D

Instead of the exquisite grace the feline creatures could demonstrate in the game, we are left with the drunken looking monkeys, and their shrieking sounds in the middle of the night.

Since we are soon to experience the new stage in Nile Online, the introduction of quests and envoys, i would suggest the introduction of cats instead of the monkeys. I do have nothing against them monkeys, but in the general feel the game would profit much more from tabbies.

I hope i managed to express myself good enough for the readers to understand my suggestion. Ty for the reading.
Last edited by Tanya on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:10 pm

Well we have Tygari, iCat, Catshepsut and RemixedCAT....

Well we love our monkeys, I would like some kitties though... :(

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:41 pm

"Tanya" wrote:Instead of the exquisite grace the feline creatures could demonstrate in the game, we are left with the drunken looking monkeys, and their shrieking sounds in the middle of the night.

TM used the monkeys to suit the forum's 'personality' much better :rolleyes:

clayson4908

no cats

Postby clayson4908 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:59 pm

no cats without dogs to keep them indoors where they belong :D :D

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:00 pm

"Zeal" wrote:TM used the monkeys to suit the forum's 'personality' much better :rolleyes:

The "shrieking" or the "drunken" part? :eek:

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:08 pm

"Tanya" wrote:The "shrieking" or the "drunken" part? :eek:

Both...

Sometimes the "poo flinging" part too... ;)

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:11 pm

"Zeal" wrote:Both...

Sometimes the "poo flinging" part too... ;)

This part of the discussion is SOOO over for me!

Tabbies will prevail!

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Tabbies?

no...

try the Egyptian Mau

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Now if that isn't majestic than i'll eat my bra!

Reed

Postby Reed » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:11 pm

"Zeal" wrote:TM used the monkeys to suit the forum's 'personality' much better :rolleyes:

Haha...

Nile Online is based on Children of the Nile (where monkeys are plentiful) and uses its assets. Therefore, monkeys are used in Nile Online while cats aren't - because those graphics don't exist. Personally I would have gone with cats, but I didn't design CotN. ;)

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:21 pm

"Reed" wrote:Haha...

Nile Online is based on Children of the Nile (where monkeys are plentiful) and uses its assets. Therefore, monkeys are used in Nile Online while cats aren't - because those graphics don't exist. Personally I would have gone with cats, but I didn't design CotN. ;)

Ty very much for answering Reed. It makes a lot of sense, one more mystery solved!

What are the chances of actually seeing the cats in Nile Online?

abana

Postby abana » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 pm

From what I know, I think that Reed likes doing his job. I don't think that anyone would be as dedicated and put in as many hours as he does, if they didn't. But no one likes to be addressed like they are supposed to "hop to it".

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 pm

"abana" wrote:From what I know, I think that Reed likes doing his job. I don't think that anyone would be as dedicated and put in as many hours as he does, if they didn't. But no one likes to be addressed like they are supposed to "hop to it".

I know that i'm new here and all. But since i started this thread i would like to ask who are you refering to Abana. Since you posted below me, i fear it's me.

Or rather who are you accusing of telling Reed that he should jump to it?

abana

Postby abana » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:59 pm

No, I was not refering to you at all, you asked, you didn't demand. Many of the posts are demanding.

And I couldn't begin to say who says "jump to it", I don't remember any poster in particular, but it is a feeling that I often have reading some posts.

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Well, to be honest i've done some reading on the forums, not only NO, it's really not that strange to see that some parts of the community behave like that. Ie, they seem to demand a lot of things, lot of the time, without any considerations for the development team.

Ty very much for clearing this out.

abana

Postby abana » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:14 pm

I am just glad that I am in and out a lot, so that I could clear it up before you got a resentment about it. I think that it is in part because of the anonymity of the Internet that people act in ways that they don't in RL.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 pm

But - but - there ARE cats in CotN!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:26 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:But - but - there ARE cats in CotN!

yes I have seen them too

the difference is Monkeys actually do something in the game
the Mau cats simply sit down and lick their paws all day :(

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:34 pm

...more heresy... :p

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Right you are Ms. Saka. :) But as Zeal says do they do anything other than lick their paws raw?

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”