Monuments and PVP

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 pm

"Tinkerball" wrote:Now to be totally fair to TM, the endgame is not finished.

Rumors get louder that it won't be finished any more.

From what I have heard today from someone supposedly very close to TM's inner circle, TM has discontinued efforts, work and development on the Nile servers a couple of weeks ago. If that's true, then also quests are no longer in work.

I was also told that the NO team turned a little unhappy how the game turned out and that they would have regretted their choice of gametesters on whose reviews and counsels the game was built. About closing the servers or keeping them open no decision had been made so far.

I don't know how much of that is true. But if I wasn't told bullsh/it then there would not much to be expected any more, and indeed it'd be the gametesters to a large extend to be blamed for that, or in other words, the cast of gametesters would have turned out to be a failure (because too one-sided peaceful, not heterogeneous enough), since their input has mislead the whole project to a dead end.

I myself would still rate these informations rumors, not facts. Because I'm not witnessing with my own eyes what's happening at TM. Though it seems to be a reliable source, so I would call it credible rumors.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Thank You, Anonymous Top Ranker! Your post gives me hope! :)

I would like to see TM try their best to keep Nile Online servers open, or at least Theoris, if nothing else than for the company advertising. This might require them to temporarily abandon further development until a later time & revisit Nile Online after their next project.

TM is a small company & there is only so much they can do at the same time.

If TM closes down the Nile Online servers, I will survive. I will even then have more time to play my other excellent TM games.

...and dat's a fact, Jack...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:36 pm

I get the feeling TM intended to do more with the CoTN update than what was released in the patch and Alexandria ..

I wonder if they plan on revisiting it in the future :) ...

I'd accept a long delay in NO if it meant Cotn or some other game was being worked on.. but being a pessimist and looking at things the way they are now sort of .... you know...
makes me... :(

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:49 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:If TM closes down the Nile Online servers, I will survive.

Now wait. Even IF they really decided to close down the servers, they wouldn't be able to do it now, or in the closer future. There are still too many paying players on the servers to just pull the plug.

IF they decided to do it, it would have to be executed in the very far future. And as long as there still is the paypal option, no decision has been made. And status quo is, you can still make payments.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:29 pm

"Anonymous Top Ranker" wrote:Now wait. Even IF they really decided to close down the servers, they wouldn't be able to do it now, or in the closer future. There are still too many paying players on the servers to just pull the plug.

You new to capitalism? LOL There would be some unhappy campers, especially the ones who never paid for the game in the first place. I got my money's worth from all the months that I have played three worlds now.

It would be a Thank You TM for the excellent ride!

IF they decided to do it, it would have to be executed in the very far future. And as long as there still is the paypal option, no decision has been made. And status quo is, you can still make payments.

You agreed to TM's terms when you started playing. You want Nile Online to exist?

BUY SCARABS !!!

It IS that simple.

~ ~ ~

I just got another scroll from Mobius in Theoris. We have been talking since our postings. I would like to share my last response...

You know what is really funny? I don't play a PvP game, but I can when attacked. My whole point in this is that I want the PvP for the others who will join & pay for the game. I also want the top rankers to be attacked to put fun into the game.

You should know this from my profiles. I have only been attacked & then I attack back.

I can exist & thrive in a PvP world too! I am a Warmonger. We are used to setbacks & negativity in our games. We want them. We demand them.

Take care, my friend. Happy Gaming!

Currently, it is anti-PC to PvP in this game, for God only knows why. I have even been accused by CBC of hiring everyone who has ever attacked JuliaSet. It is a lie.

If the cap was removed, I would adjust & perhaps join in the PvP fun. When I have been PvPed, I loved it. However, I don't especially like being singled out, but that comes with the territory. LOL

...it is not the destination...it is the journey...or the chase...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:58 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:You agreed to TM's terms when you started playing. You want Nile Online to exist?

BUY SCARABS !!!

It IS that simple.

I'm a supporter in Theoris, but not yet in Sabah where I recently opened an account.

I feel like rather waiting how things turn out and if it's worth paying there. I'm not convinced.

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Currently, it is anti-PC to PvP in this game, for God only knows why.

That is a damn good question. Maybe because the failed gametesters who also represent the VIPs of the NO community who over time have introduced the wrong ethics that would mislead and reduce the game to numb city building of coexisting but mute players --> dead end.

"Tinkerbell" wrote:I have even been accused by CBC of hiring everyone who has ever attacked JuliaSet.

LOL! Are you telling the truth? Julia Set has recently even given funny names to her monuments: Tink's Target I and Tink's Target II :D :D

So she must be very certain that you're the villain...

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:30 pm

"Anonymous Top Ranker" wrote:LOL! Are you telling the truth? Julia Set has recently even given funny names to her monuments: Tink's Target I and Tink's Target II :D :D

Yup. That is when I found out about it. Her Nome Room posts which led me to her profile. Then to CBC where I found the accusation post & it was 2 months old.

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

Enough of that, however. She changed her monument names & that was the end of it ingame.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:02 pm

"Anonymous Top Ranker" wrote:Rumors get louder that it won't be finished any more.

From what I have heard today from someone supposedly very close to TM's inner circle, TM has discontinued efforts, work and development on the Nile servers a couple of weeks ago. If that's true, then also quests are no longer in work.

I was also told that the NO team turned a little unhappy how the game turned out and that they would have regretted their choice of gametesters on whose reviews and counsels the game was built. About closing the servers or keeping them open no decision had been made so far.

I don't know how much of that is true. But if I wasn't told bullsh/it then there would not much to be expected any more, and indeed it'd be the gametesters to a large extend to be blamed for that, or in other words, the cast of gametesters would have turned out to be a failure (because too one-sided peaceful, not heterogeneous enough), since their input has mislead the whole project to a dead end.

I myself would still rate these informations rumors, not facts. Because I'm not witnessing with my own eyes what's happening at TM. Though it seems to be a reliable source, so I would call it credible rumors.

It seems to be a little bit of rumormongering on your part, no? For some reason you pre-suppose that "war war war" will bring a huge base that also likes peaceful city building or simulation games, which is what TM's focus is on. (and you also add your own pre-supposition into someone else's "rumor") That's just not the case.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:24 pm

"Anonymous Top Ranker" wrote:I was also told that the NO team turned a little unhappy how the game turned out and that they would have regretted their choice of gametesters on whose reviews and counsels the game was built. About closing the servers or keeping them open no decision had been made so far.

Umm, you may remember, the moment military was introduced, the game was in an open beta state. So there was no "choice of gametesters". Everyone could participate, and those that did did it the way they liked it. And I believe these beta joiners are still the majority of players active today. So well, maybe it's their fault for helping create a game that might not be appealing to war liking masses, but I don't see where TM or anyone made a (wrong) choice in that.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:48 pm

how are we defining a "wrong choice" exactly?
is a wrong choice one that turns out to be unprofitable?
one that doesn't work the way some people think it should?
one that hardly works at all?

what about choices that bring in a lot of profit at the """expense""" of the current community?
would it be wrong to have pictures of sexy Egyptian entertainers with big breasts to advertise the game even on youtube (YA I saw evony posters there too)

if the game changes to such a point that the current community has been 'overlooked' to appeal to a larger audience.. these people may be so numerous that the original community becomes a worthless minority...
but at the same time the game becomes "successful" because it's making money and growing..

would that be considered a "wrong choice" o_0
maybe but maybe not?

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 pm

What our community needs is fresh meat. That's the goal of all of us, including TM supposedly.

Whatever way this goal is achieved, will be fine. Will be the right choice.

Whatever way this game is communicated, if with boobs or with weapons, who cares, if it draws fresh meet to the Nile? It will stay "our" game. Our joy, our city building, our PvP strategy. Even if the old community becomes a worthless minority.

Opening up is the mother of all good choices.

@ Tinkerbell: Griefing your nomies ain't a nice thing... I'm slowly getting an idea where your bad boy image cumz from :D

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:33 pm

I thought your "nomies" were your biggest competitors ultimately?
at least the ones on the same side of the NILE...

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:56 pm

"Zeal" wrote:I thought your "nomies" were your biggest competitors ultimately?
at least the ones on the same side of the NILE...

Yes that's right Zeal. I wanna do a better job than anyone, but especially than my closest neighbors. The closer, the higher the competitive energy.

And just to make it clear: I don't care about my bad boy image... but Tinkie does (strange, but funny).
Talking about me... I attack whoever and whenever I want to....just to put the cards on the table. So far I didn't attack a nomie though.... at least as far as I can remember.. But that doesn't have to mean anything.

And now?

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:30 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:Umm, you may remember, the moment military was introduced, the game was in an open beta state. So there was no "choice of gametesters". Everyone could participate, and those that did did it the way they liked it. And I believe these beta joiners are still the majority of players active today. So well, maybe it's their fault for helping create a game that might not be appealing to war liking masses, but I don't see where TM or anyone made a (wrong) choice in that.

Yes, curious what a poor memory this "reliable source" seems to have had :rolleyes:

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:58 pm

"Hieronymus" wrote:Yes, curious what a poor memory this "reliable source" seems to have had :rolleyes:

I sense bitterness. Somebody happens to feel addressed here by some of the posts above maybe?

You don't happen to be one of those members of the old gamers clique who went on indoctrinating the game designers to do all those well meant fixes that finally f***ed up the whole game? Are you?

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:02 pm

"Anonymous Top Ranker" wrote:I sense bitterness. Somebody happens to feel addressed here by some of the posts above maybe?

You don't happen to be one of those members of the old gamers clique who went on indoctrinating the game designers to do all those well meant fixes that finally f***ed up the whole game? Are you?

LOL. Yes, you got me bang to rights there. It was all my fault.

Part of my evil plan to sabotage TM. Curses! Foiled again! :D :D :D

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 pm

omg omg
BLASPHEMY
:eek:

I need to consult the book of armaments to research the proper non sheep related punishment ;)

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:36 pm

"Zeal" wrote:I need to consult the book of armaments to research the proper non sheep related punishment ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Will you commute the sentence if I agree to release Reed from my basement?

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:46 pm

*consults the good book* I think we have reached an impasse....
normally the punishment for such crimes of unspeakable evil are punishable by a fate worse than death,
a fate so terrible and painful that it would be a sin to speak of it in any more detail...
if you agree to release Reed and promise not to capture him again... I shall commute the sentence to a more mild "years worth of excruciating pain and agony" :)

abana

Postby abana » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:54 pm

How about if we make him watch us butcher some sheep?

Or I have just the games for us.

http://www.designegg.com/sheepcull.htm

http://www.maniacworld.com/shooting-sheep.htm

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”