Pets and animals

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
Alexander Macedonia

Pets and animals

Postby Alexander Macedonia » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:49 pm

I would really like to see my citizens buy and keep pets. I know there is already a monkey that nobles and entertainers can buy and keep, so I want more!

Cats were very important in ancient Egypt. The massive surpluses of food they produced were always under threat from rats and other animals who would sneak in to steal food. That's why Egyptians loved to own cats because they could protect food supplies and they were also good for companionship. I'm not sure how exactly you could implement this however, but I think it'd be really cool to see.

Then you could add other animals that were used, like when Nobles go hunting they should bring dogs with them.

thanks

Alexander Macedonia

Postby Alexander Macedonia » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:55 am

I realized I just posted this in the wrong forum. my apologies

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:57 pm

LOL Even so the cats thing could be cool. You'd suffer a loss of bread (1%?) if you don't maintain a cat population. Could be a sink for some kind of resource (maybe cedar for cat housing). Something else to do an track. Maybe have the rat/cat thing be a little variable so there is a little risk trade off involved in figuring out the number of cats needed to keep the rats at bay. Would scale with breadstocks. More bread needs more cats to avoid the loss.

Caprontos

Postby Caprontos » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:07 pm

"Q-Man" wrote:LOL Even so the cats thing could be cool. You'd suffer a loss of bread (1%?) if you don't maintain a cat population. Could be a sink for some kind of resource (maybe cedar for cat housing). Something else to do an track. Maybe have the rat/cat thing be a little variable so there is a little risk trade off involved in figuring out the number of cats needed to keep the rats at bay. Would scale with breadstocks. More bread needs more cats to avoid the loss.

wait wait.. you mean we would need a cat army ... anyway

I like the idea to.. rats eat bread and damage buildings (they dig holes in stuff..)? (if you get to many rats they might even drop a buildings level?)

cat housing works, and they eat rats so don't need to feed them bread..
Just add it to the palace, have cat level... and "donate wood" to cat housing?

scale with bread stocks and city size i think.. (if you have more higher level buildings, there's more places to breed rats so?)

babycity

All New world of Pets

Postby babycity » Thu May 13, 2010 1:01 pm

"Alexander Macedonia" wrote:I would really like to see my citizens buy and keep pets. I know there is already a monkey that nobles and entertainers can buy and keep, so I want more!

Cats were very important in ancient Egypt. The massive surpluses of food they produced were always under threat from rats and other animals who would sneak in to steal food. That's why Egyptians loved to own cats because they could protect food supplies and they were also good for companionship. I'm not sure how exactly you could implement this however, but I think it'd be really cool to see.

Then you could add other animals that were used, like when Nobles go hunting they should bring dogs with them.

thanks

Hi
Friend

What i feel that gone are today the days when people steal be having and pet these days is such an feeling. I love to have a cat as my pet but a big lion cat. I just love to be adventurous. Please don't mind.

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Fri May 14, 2010 4:05 am

Oh, I know - Limestone would be used - it could be crushed and used as kitty litter! We need a limestone sink. :D

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri May 14, 2010 5:37 am

The crushed limestone would also need to be mixed with the finest clay. :D
:cool:

Sayamistar

Postby Sayamistar » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:30 am

And of course, the Nile herded sheep and cattle for meat and milk... why do we settle for bread only??? I'm not sure but they probably fished as well... What about the camels... for milk, meat and traveling around the sand??? List can get very long but how much can TM incorporate???

samboy22

Postby samboy22 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 pm

I recognized I just posted this in the incorrect forum. my apologies

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”