More trading

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
mobius

More trading

Postby mobius » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:30 pm

4 cities hampers tradinig. It eliminates the need for trading luxury items.
A player only needs to trade for 4 resources to make all the luxury goods needed.

The only reason I see people trading for luxuries is that they are at or below 2 cities. Limiting this game to 2 or 3 cities would be beneficial or limiting the luxury building to the resource you have.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Actually trading resources is more trading, well more ships anyways. ;)

But yes it's kind of sad that it is almost impossible to trade for lux goods these days. I think the is the users with QUAD 22's that are just stuffing their cities to try to gain rank. Currently the top 100 in rank are all Quad22's (with a few exceptions).

I personally feel that with all the players sitting on top stuffing themselves the game is dying. I am not worried about myself (who took 3 days to find a sandals trade) but the beginner first time players must be really having a hard time.
:cool:

Andrelvis

Postby Andrelvis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:41 pm

What truly drastically reduced the need for trading was the 24h hour cap. Basically now there is a single market throughout the online Nile; this is a trading game, and as such, for trading to be interesting, you need different markets with goods that have different prices depending on which market they are being sold.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Four cities is fine. I would definitely not want it lowered to three cities or the game would be over too quickly & no one would buy any scarabs at all.

If you believe that there is not enough raw luxmats, then TM needs to expand the game with more different types, not lower the number of possible cities.

Solmar

I like it as is

Postby Solmar » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:10 am

I'm not sure what the problem is. I have enjoyed both lives so far. I have had fun going through for the rank the first time and for the quick through this time. I think meeting people from around the world is great and I have got to hear a number of views I had never considered before (about the real world). We all play this game for different reasons and some of us for different reasons in different lives. That's part of what I find interesting about the overall game.

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”