Remove Beta from Sabah

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
birdie

Remove Beta from Sabah

Postby birdie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:18 pm

I think it would be better to remove the Beta tag from Sabah world. Without the tag more people would register for Sabah and make it a little more active again.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:44 pm

"birdie" wrote:I think it would be better to remove the Beta tag from Sabah world. Without the tag more people would register for Sabah and make it a little more active again.

Tell me about it. I have been yelling & screaming about this for months & months.

Thankx birdie! :)

Golden Archer

Who watches the beta tag anyway?

Postby Golden Archer » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Who takes into account the beta tag anyway? If you want to sign up for a service you would go ahead irrespective of whether it has a beta tag or not. Tell me how many of you actually didn't start using a service, say Gmail for its beta tag for over 2 years?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:45 pm

"Golden Archer" wrote:Who takes into account the beta tag anyway? If you want to sign up for a service you would go ahead irrespective of whether it has a beta tag or not. Tell me how many of you actually didn't start using a service, say Gmail for its beta tag for over 2 years?

The point is which server would you choose if you wanted to play a game that costs money. A Sabah beta server that comes with the possibility of being broken, or the final released Theoris server.

They pick Theoris.

Pontius Pilatus

They are both free.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:29 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:The point is which server would you choose if you wanted to play a game that costs money. A Sabah beta server that comes with the possibility of being broken, or the final released Theoris server.

They pick Theoris.

You talk nonsense.

They are both free, and the beta gets all improvements earlier.

I always prefer Sabah, and always enjoyed it more.

Cheers!
But it ain't necessarily so.

Avogadro

Postby Avogadro » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Well, it's not totally nonsense. That was exactly the thought process I went through when I registered. Beta server? Meh. I picked Theoris. I didn't want to get stuck dealing with broken features, crashes, etc. From many years of MMOs and other online games, anything labeled "test" or "beta" is immediately suspect. :eek: A Google beta is waaaay different than a game-industry beta.

I guess the joke was on me though. There really isn't that much difference. I don't think TM has done any maintenance or upgrading on either server in months.

abana

Postby abana » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Theoris is much more maintained. For example, last night when the clock stopped on Theoris, it was fixed within an hour after the problem was brought to TM's attention, I don't think that Sabah would have been fixed as fast. Theoris doesn't have anywhere near as many inactive accounts. This means, for one thing, that there are more goods on the market, do you have a level 22 market with no raw materials on it that aren't priced at 20 per? If there is any new content added, it will be tested in Sabah, first.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:14 am

My $.02..

I have started in Sabah 6 times. After many days of not getting any trades and 3 times have been told [I do not want to bother with a puny 200 trade] (sorry not giving out names, you know who you are) I have stopped going back every time. Once you can't do anything but make bread to buy from the inactive market the game sucks. Really badly! I just checked my market in the 30'sN and every item was offered for sale by players and pretty close to fairtrade values. Can't do that in Sabah when you start in the boonies.

I am on the boat to delete inactive accounts not played for more than 90 days. If the person has paid for no deletion then the account gets placed in storage. If the person comes to play again they can stuff into their old nome (if possible) or re-locate to a new nome with the same goods as existing cities.

I would guess that if someone had not played in 90 days they do not plan on coming back, and if they do, it's just a test to see if anything has changed.
:cool:

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”