Two Way Ships

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
j_isenor

Two Way Ships

Postby j_isenor » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Could the game be changed to allow players to reload their own ships for trips between villages they own? I'd like to reload my ships for the return trip.

My apologies if this has been suggested before.

handieeeeee

That would be nice

Postby handieeeeee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:19 am

I agree that that would be nice to do, but maybe there should be a checkbox for them to stay there for a reload and if it's not checked they just come right back.

Sayamistar

Postby Sayamistar » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:06 am

Nice idea! After all, trade was load-unload in ancient Egypt... Never one-sided. But the side effects could be something like... I offer you a trade... and you reply me... "bring your stuffs and come and take mine back with you." It would be 48 hours before I get back my goods... Should think from this view as well!!! :)

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:05 am

Bigger issues would be people that no longer had their end of the trade after the initial drop off - could be handled by starting both at the same time and only one guy had to provide the boats.

Another would be what happens when someone cruds out (quits game) with your stuff on it. Could also be artificially addressed but it is more time consuming. Biggest issue is the game limits how many ships are at a given home port (city) and how you use them is part of what you manage. Many trades are not a straight swap from city A to city B. Many are 3k raw (more boats) for 1k goods and as often as not there are multiple sources and destinations included in the same deal. It is a little abstract the way the game works now, but much more manageable than if you really did have to track stuff down to the boat level.

multimetalrollsindia

Postby multimetalrollsindia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Nice idea....

seth

Postby seth » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 pm

How about changing the Punt quest(adding a quest) to a trading mission to obtain some of the special Items that would help w/ ranking or be worth something special like ability to have 3rd monument/ 5th city? or an optional military mission to drive out invading army of an outpost? A stepwise quest to the tuat for the time stone, the miracle stone that decreases build time!!! Some new trade raws luxes like Ivory, Ebony, Sapphires... that could be used to upgrade Temples! :cool: -S

Rhamses

Postby Rhamses » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 am

All very good ideas. I wonder if there are plans to include building speed-ups or multiple buildings in one city at the same time (a build queue). Other building games have these and provide you with a few to start off. If you want more, you have to purchase them. That could be another way for Tilted Mill to make some bread and for players to move up the ranks quicker if they want.

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”