5th City

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
handieeeeee

5th City

Postby handieeeeee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:21 am

I've been thinking that it would be nice to have an additional city. Maybe you could only get it once you became immortal. Then the next time around you could have a 5th city.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Bad idea.

The idea is to interact more with the community and the market, not less.

See: The more cities you have, the more resources you produce yourself. The more independant you are from the market. The less you will interact.

The effect would be more positive if you'd turn your suggestion the other way round: No 4th city any more!

This would result in more trades, more sales, more business relationships, more interaction.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Howdy, handieeeeee!

4 cities is probably too many for only 5 lux goods & why TM dropped the 5th city option from the game (logon page shows an account with 5 cities). With Quad accounts, I make 4/5 lux myself.

3 cities is too easy, the game too short & no one would ever buy scarabs.

The best overall solution is a game expansion with more native raw luxmats & more lux goods. I would even like to see import-only raws & lux only available from the market Nubian traders.

Then perhaps a 5th city could be added.

I would also like to see different monument plots added too. Still with a two plot cap, but different types, including basalt & granite. Change the current limestone to either fine or regular stones & pyramids require both types of stone, basalt & granite so we have to trade/market. Lots of possible monument types can be built at each plot ~ only the quarries differ.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mak_mouppy

5th City

Postby Mak_mouppy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:45 am

I think I will at least have fun drawing up some digarms for this city idea showing the possible depth and layout of the subway tunnels and ditches.

mobius

Postby mobius » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:45 pm

I had suggested years ago that you could only have three cities. I have three cities and only need Jewelry and Sculptures. I could eliminate another one by getting a 4th.

So where does that leave everyone who has a fourth. It's a flaw in the game. More resources are needed or one less city. Possibly only two. It's the reason I don't support this game.

Rhamses

Postby Rhamses » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:59 am

I don't know if adding luxuries is a good idea but I definitely do not like the idea of reducing the number of cities to 3. I don't think we need a 5th city either. I like Tink's idea of making the monuments more variable. Not sure how that would play out in the market though. If the monuments become more difficult to build then they should not lose a level if conquered. That would give griefers waay too much joy and satisfaction.

seth

what about adding another building requirement?

Postby seth » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 am

Adding another building like a brewery, scriptorium, or treasury that would require building material of all raws,rawlux, limes and lux to build and only available after level 19 and would add to rank, 2 levels to market, a time bonus, or just looks cool w/ some animation.

As for making more for Tm support add dancing fountains, fire eaters, camels, benu bird, temple courtyard, etc.......the monkeys and fishermen were entertaining!!!-S :rolleyes:

Rhamses

Postby Rhamses » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:19 am

I like those ideas, Seth. As for adding some stuff that would affect rank, that may also solve the problem of entrenched inactive players at the top of the rankings. We can only hope that someone at TM will consider making the adjustments. :D

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”