Speed up quests after cities fully developed

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
Golden Archer

Speed up quests after cities fully developed

Postby Golden Archer » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:33 am

I am wondering what I am going to do with the speed up hours that will add up after all my cities are fully developed. I already have 3 of my 4 cities fully developed and the last one will take just about this week.

Should this mean that I stop sending my envoys for non-speed up quests. But even if I do so, I won't get the big quest rewards. I am yet to get an armour.

My suggestion would be that the added up speed up hours be made tradable with other players and/or quest items/scarabs.

Please suggest.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:49 pm

I think the developer's had the idea that once people got their cities fully developed that they'd go immortal and not continue playing and leave the game or start set of new cities from scratch.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:33 pm

I agree with Keith on speedups. Go immortal & restart! The very late game is sooo booring anyway.

As for quest profile items, they are the only thing besides upgrades that cannot be cheated. I would definitely not want them tradable ever.

As a matter of fact, there are no longer any excuses for not using paypal, so I believe gifting scarabs should eliminated totally & removed from quests also.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Archer

Postby Golden Archer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:57 am

But what about the motivation of a bigger tomb (higher ranking)? I would definitely want to be in the top ten (for all my efforts for almost 2 years) before seeking immortality. Quest items definitely boost your ranking. That's a fact, and that's the reason to keep on playing for some.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Well, if your cities are fully upgraded, you should be in the top ten already. Definitely keep playing if a big tomb is your goal!

Nile rank is all about capping out on everything at the very same time. Upgrades, bread & goods. Far too many people cap out on bread waay too quickly & goods waaay too late.

Yes indeed, Quest items definitely count in rank! The effect is small, but the differences among top ten ranks is also very small. Quest items make that difference!

Good Luck! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Archer

Postby Golden Archer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Well, if your cities are fully upgraded, you should be in the top ten already. Definitely keep playing if a big tomb is your goal!

Nile rank is all about capping out on everything at the very same time. Upgrades, bread & goods. Far too many people cap out on bread waay too quickly & goods waaay too late.

Yes indeed, Quest items definitely count in rank! The effect is small, but the differences among top ten ranks is also very small. Quest items make that difference!

Good Luck! :)

You seem to be too naive or ignorant. One can go up if the topper entered the tomb. How else would you explain Son of Moose etc hanging in there even if they were ranked No.1 on occasions more than one?

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:23 am

I think euthanasia for the #1 guy was in another thread and this is about speedups for quests. Getting into the top 10 is not easy but it is doable if you max everything. When I hit it I still had upgrades left in two of my cities, but I had absolutely maxed almost all goods (as in 99999 - not just what the warehouse said it could hold). What pushed me in was pulling massive stocks off the market that I had stashed so I could keep producing. When you add 60k of several different lux goods at once, you will see your rank jump up. ;)

I really didn't care about finding jewelry from my ships - most of the stuff was lost since the city was already maxed out in jewelry. On this I have to agree. The last thing I was scrambling for was maxing out raw lux as everything else was topped up. I had bread coming out of my ears and could generate bricks and baskets and pots faster than I could use them. Got to the point where I just bought them when I needed more as it was simpler than balancing things. Just stocked those to the max and bought whatever I needed.

But raw lux was more of a pain to stay on top of, especially since the market was dead. I bought a lot of stuff from the Nubians towards the end since I could replace the bread in a couple hours. :eek:

Golden Archer

Postby Golden Archer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:50 am

Taking the cue from the discussion here, I have started to max out on everything. Will forget the bread for the moment. I have aplenty. I am making bricks, pottery, baskets that I didn't for a while and buying huge quantities of even those luxury raw materials that I produce.

The immediate effect was loss of 2 places in the rankings since last night. However, I guess that had more to do with the sudden loss of bread before the goods reached than anything else. And, I shall make up the bread soon too.

Let me see if that helps. :cool:

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”