Inactive Players

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
BettyKhan

Inactive Players

Postby BettyKhan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 pm

I know, I know...they paid scarabs to be immune from deletion, but they're clogging up the works...especially the top 100.

Don't delete their accounts. They paid their scarabs. Just move them to the last positions. Surely there's a way for admins to check the date they last logged in (I know, a lot of work, but maybe give it to an intern). If it was a year ago or longer, just set them back.

There are so many of them who started when Theoris started and they just keep floating along...like bad cholesterol, clogging your arteries.

Just a suggestion.
Many thanks,
Eribetka (formerly EriBetKhan and BettyKhan)

Sierra

'Inactivity Immunity' option

Postby Sierra » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:38 pm

the purchase of the 'Inactivity Immunity' option should at least have been restricted to players that had really purchased Scarabs. That probably might have reduced the number of dupe accounts or accounts set-up solely for the purpose of attacking others.
There are just too many 'dead' accounts in the game

Rhamses

Postby Rhamses » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:35 am

I have to say that I do not agree. I am not sure how rankings are determined but if someone gets to a certain rank, they should be able to keep it until someone can pass them up. Now, if age factors into rank then maybe that should be changed to make it more merit based but I don't like the idea of arbitrarily moving someone to a lower position just because they have not been active. They earned that rank with hours and hours of building..We all know how long everything takes to build. I say use those scores as a target and try to beat them the old-fashioned way. :)

Rhamses

Better Idea

Postby Rhamses » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:49 pm

"BettyKhan" wrote:I know, I know...they paid scarabs to be immune from deletion, but they're clogging up the works...especially the top 100.

Don't delete their accounts. They paid their scarabs. Just move them to the last positions. Surely there's a way for admins to check the date they last logged in (I know, a lot of work, but maybe give it to an intern). If it was a year ago or longer, just set them back.

There are so many of them who started when Theoris started and they just keep floating along...like bad cholesterol, clogging your arteries.

Just a suggestion.
Many thanks,
Eribetka (formerly EriBetKhan and BettyKhan)

I thought of something that may be even better. People who do not go on vacation and are merely inactive have their cities still producing, right? Now for everything except bread, this caps out and production ceases. With bread, though, it just keeps piling up. This means that inactives are still making bread and will continue to be ahead of everyone else until that bread production stops.

How about this: If a player fails to login within a set time frame (admin's call), then their city ceases production just as if they had gone on vacation. With this option, they keep their account, people who are active can pass them in rank, and everybody is happy. I think this is probably the best way to go that would be fair to everyone. :D

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”