High End Slowdown

For technical or performance related issues
ubudeco

High End Slowdown

Postby ubudeco » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:21 pm

I have a high end computer:Vista Home Premium Core Duo@3.0, 2 GB Ram, Nvidia 8600 GTS, latest drivers and Mosby runs like it is nailed to a post. There is lag on all mouse clicks and it takes a half hour to load a mission. Considering I can run Crysis at highest settings this should not be happening.
Help!

Matt Zimmitti

Postby Matt Zimmitti » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:30 pm

We are looking into this. Thanks.

It does look like we've got some bad mojo going on with Core Duos. We'll keep you posted on a fix for this when we get it all sorted out.

ubudeco

Postby ubudeco » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:35 pm

I left a note on the Wargamer about processor issues.

Ouijdani

Postby Ouijdani » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:49 pm

"ubudeco" wrote:I left a note on the Wargamer about processor issues.

And what is the point of that?

Ouij

Torgen

Postby Torgen » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:56 am

I have an Ati 1900 video card, 2GB RAM, and a Core Duo 2160 processor, and really don't notice a slowdown under XP Pro.

Of course that may be because I'm comparing it to playing on my laptop, 1GB RAM, T2330 CPU, and Intel 965 integrated graphics, Vista Home Premium. Now, THAT is a computer that runs MC like a dog. Looks like a claymation stop-motion video, but that's expected.

Ouijdani

Postby Ouijdani » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:59 pm

No, mate, you'd notice this. Game runs like a champ the first 60% or so of enemies, then starts to slow. The muzzle flashes are in slow motion and it takes an appreciable time (~1 sec?) after I hit a number to highlight the indicated squad.

At 80% of enemies destroyed I can no longer change the camera view with the mouse, and keyboard keys have 6-10 second delay, as does the doubletap on the number keys.

Short missions seem to work fine, though some slowdown is apparent if I have to take out 3 camps (horses, munitions and/or officers).

Ouij

Torgen

Postby Torgen » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Yeah, mine starts off like that!

I wonder if maybe it's a Vista issue? I don't see that on my XP machine.

ubudeco

Problem solved

Postby ubudeco » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Well I solved the problem on my machine. The slowdown is caused by SLI. When I disable it and run the game off one graphics card , it runs fine. So instead of the problems caused by core duo, it is duo graphics. This is by far from the first game to crash on these reefs.

Torgen

Postby Torgen » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Wow, congrats on figuring that out, and thanks for letting TM know!

somebody

Postby somebody » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:18 pm

"ubudeco" wrote:Well I solved the problem on my machine. The slowdown is caused by SLI. When I disable it and run the game off one graphics card , it runs fine. So instead of the problems caused by core duo, it is duo graphics. This is by far from the first game to crash on these reefs.

That's weird. I got SLI and haven't had any problems :confused:
Well, let's hope it stays that way

Ouijdani

Postby Ouijdani » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:15 pm

I don't believe I have SLI...

Ouij

Matt Zimmitti

Postby Matt Zimmitti » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:23 pm

"ubudeco" wrote:Well I solved the problem on my machine. The slowdown is caused by SLI. When I disable it and run the game off one graphics card , it runs fine. So instead of the problems caused by core duo, it is duo graphics. This is by far from the first game to crash on these reefs.

Well that is interesting. Spore actually wouldn't allow SLI when it shipped. I'll look into the current state of the drivers (there were some workarounds for the spore issue that eventually made it into current drivers) as there have been a lot of changes on the nvidia front lately.

For the record, I run it SLI at home (2x8800 GTS) with no problems so it may be an issue with certain specific cards in SLI mode or simply something unsavory with some nvidia cards right now. It has been a strange issue to track thus far because it isn't exactly the most graphics intensive game on the market right now. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Community Technical Support”