game freezes

For technical or performance related issues
vonRocko

game freezes

Postby vonRocko » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:46 pm

I can't get past the 2nd mission without a freeze.Also after one mission,I can't add soldiers to my sqaud for the next mission. You cannot highlight a soldier and the bar doesn't light up. It is a simple game, why can't it run?I do have the latest patch.

After multiple reinstalls, the freezing has stopped. However, after one or two missions the sqaud selector buttons do not work.Every game. No one else has this problem?
Last edited by vonRocko on Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Manni

Postby Manni » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:20 am

how`s about attaching the dxdiag-file ............

vonRocko

Postby vonRocko » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:59 pm

"Manni" wrote:how`s about attaching the dxdiag-file ............

Thanks Manni, but I'm illiterate with computers and have no idea how I would go about that.
I just wondered if they heard of this problem or not. It is a simple little RTS game, why should I have to jump through hoops to play it. :mad:

Thanks anyway.

Manni

Postby Manni » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:37 pm

No "jumping through hoops" necessary. It could be just one old/vintage driver interfering so hand oput the dxdiag and I have a look.

For the dxaig-file go to START/open Execute and put in there dxdiag and OK. DirectX-diagnoses opens up and starts sniffing, wait until it`s done and go on "SAVE ALL INFO". Put into the brain where it is stored.

Come back here, log in and open "Manage Attachments". Through the Attach-manager you find the file and load it up----finished.

It`s just as easy at the doctors where you have to open up mouth wide, he sticks in a beam and tells you to say AAAAAAAAAAA :D

vonRocko

Postby vonRocko » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Thank you Manni for taking time to help me. I learned something today. :)
I never knew about dxdiag. You are right,it was very simple. I hope I got it correct.

Thanks again!

p.s.-I discovered that if I leave the game and restart the computer (not just the game), It seems to "refresh" the game,and I am able to play the next mission. So at least I can now play the game in this fashion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vonRocko on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manni

Postby Manni » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:38 pm

"vonRocko" wrote:Thank you Manni for taking time to help me. I learned something today. :)
I never knew about dxdiag. You are right,it was very simple. I hope I got it correct.
You`ve done it in perfect manner! :)

Everyone learns something each day and no one, as far as I know, was born with a pc in the cradle. :)

I discovered that if I leave the game and restart the computer (not just the game), It seems to "refresh" the game,and I am able to play the next mission. So at least I can now play the game in this fashion.

I wouldn?t recommend such a treat cos when shutting down there might be files getting corrupt. Don`t do that!

Now to your directX-diagnose file:

You have installed latest available Nvidia-video-driver ok.

But your sounddriver is 3 years old and "could" be the reason for the mess so it won`t harm to update it.

for the sound-driver you go here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

you will not see much there but it is the REALTEK-site with your AC97. Now all you do on that page is to put a mark in "I accept to the above" and then NEXT.

You will then see a sounddriver version A4.06 from 2008 for your system. Download the Executable file for XP and install that thing.

My next guess is you don`t have the latest DirectX for windows which is the one from Novembre 08, get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=886acb56-c91a-4a8e-8bb8-9f20f1244a8e

Unpack the directX-file first and find the setup.exe-file in it, execute it and wait till install is done.

I have also seen that you have this just one partition C which is quiete large. Have you ever defragmented it? Wouldn`t do any harm either. doing it...... ;)

vonRocko

Postby vonRocko » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:30 am

Hi Manni, Thanks for the suggestions,but nothing is changing. At least I updated my audio driver and learned a new trick!
I was just messing with this game till ageods WW1 patch comes out tomorrow. Unfortunately, the time was spent fussing with problems,instead of enjoying the game. I'm getting used to that from the computer game industry. :( I can look at the $20 spent as a computer lesson, thanks to you.

;)

Return to “Community Technical Support”