Won't start

For technical or performance related issues
Tilarium

Won't start

Postby Tilarium » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:56 am

Hey all, I just recently got this game and having some trouble... seems that I can't get it to load on my PC. I bought it via Impulse, DLed it, installed it, but when I try to play it I get nothing. Well, not really nothing, it does show up in my task manager, but that's all I get, no game, no game launcher, nothing. What's weird is that I installed it on my laptop, it works fine... I just don't want to play it on my laptop. Anyone got ideas I can try before resorting to posting a dx?

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:09 pm

I would start with a uninstall and reinstall.

Try turning off your anti-virus software before running the game.

If you have any virtual software like Alcohol 120%, Blind Write, Daemon Tools, Game Jack, Clone CD, Game Jackal, Xoom Game Clone, CD Space, Virtual 7 CD, Fantom CD or Anti Blaxx installed you may need to either disable or completely uninstall this program or software.

Before starting the game go on the desktop to START/RUN and type in 'msconfig'.

When the menu appears, click on the GENERAL tab, if it is not already at the front.

Under STARTUP SELECTION, select SELECTIVE STARTUP, and UNCHECK the selection LOAD STARTUP ITEMS.

Click APPLY and then OK, reboot the system, and retry the game.

At any time, you can always go back into the MSCONFIG menu to change back to NORMAL STARTUP, or SELECTIVE STARTUP and replace the checkmark next to LOAD STARTUP ITEMS.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Howdy, Tilarium!

Mosby's can be a bit flaky at times on loading. Have you tried using the Windows key after loading the game, minimizing the game & then expanding it again? That usually does the trick for me.

Good Luck! :)

Return to “Community Technical Support”