Sabah Trade Wall Help

All discussion regarding the world of Sabah
Tinkerbell

Sabah Trade Wall Help

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:22 pm

I don't wanna upset the General Wall chatters, but...

Please help us traders & go back to the General Wall. Please! The Sabah Trade Wall has become the General Wall & I believe that this is the reason it is so hard to trade there.

Yes, it is possible to still trade, but your chatting scrolls trade posts off the Trade Wall quickly. If old trade offers, wants & desires remained, we traders would have names to scroll, even though the traders at the time have given up (from your chatting) & left.

The Trade Wall is for trading, not chatting.

Thank you!

<ducking>

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Is that why the Sabah General Wall is so dead? (yes the 5 or so entries being the only thing the last time I checked count as dead)

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Wow, again? I stumbled into Sabah's trade wall once while still hoarding for immortality, and while the general wall was almost completely empty, people were merrily chatting along in the trade wall. I had to repeatedly convince people it was a stupid idea so I could get my darn goods already. Because I certainly wasn't getting any deals while they were going on. Rather silly.

But I'm hitting immortality there within the next couple of days, so meh. Sabah's walls; you won't be missed!

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:41 am

Every time I went to the trade wall, I had to tell some people to move over. They did, so I wonder why they keep coming back while the general wall is empty :confused:

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:01 pm

To trade I guess, and chat, then chat, chat some more, trade a little and chat on. Of course you could do all that on the general wall. This is just the place they happen to meet. :D

It has been suggested before that the game could use something like an advertising section, where you could ask people to get in touch through scrolls to discuss trades. It happens on the trade wall all the time, but the messages don't stay there long enough to reach a substantial audience.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Well if someone very nice like saka were to ask me to move I would oblige immediately. :)

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:13 am

Joshofet, I think that an advertising section would be a great addition to the game. Something that would stay for a certain number of days before either disappearing or have to be renewed. Otherwise you could end up with pages and pages of unfilled requests that never go away which you'd have to go through to find what you want to trade.

For those persons who come in and post all the time with "scroll me" at the end and leave before anyone can answer, if there is someone there ready to ship, why wait and ask them to go to the extra trouble to finally ship sometimes multiple scrolls and hours later? Not to mention, with the problems that have been discussed lately about the scammers doing this, why would I want to?

Finally, as for the scrolls getting bumped from the trade wall because of too much chatting on there, well, before I came to the forums I posted a simple "where is everybody?" and it took 10 minutes to get a single answer, which is not uncommon.

While I will also comply with this request, I believe there are other issues at hand here too.

Doctor Sarcophagus

Postby Doctor Sarcophagus » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:08 pm

wtt my point of view for someone else's opinion.

Here's some news for you, my narcissistic little fairy, you have angered me and saddened me in equal amounts.
There are only about 2000 people on Sabah and I bet it is a small percentage of that number who use the Trade Wall on a regular basis.
The regulars, trade and chat and trade some more and chat some more. Here is an example of what a trader said in reply to my post about chat on 6.7.09 'k******t (18S) [12:52 pm] » hey doc, for what its worth, its the chat that keeps me playing, the chat and the generosity.'

So there you have it in a nutshell, for 7 months I have enjoyed playing this game, without the need to point the finger or post on the forum for that matter. You have now changed this situation. I believe that I have made friends whilst playing this game and will continue to chat to them when and where I please. If you need to trade urgently post it or scroll one of the Chatter Militia. Most of us our long term players and probably have what you are after, in large quantities.

I like chatting with people from other places in the world, finding out where they live, what they do, there loves, there hates. This is part of the game and this is part of my life.

So why the need to post in the Forum, moaning about a blether? I could go into a lengthy psychological profile of you but do you know what,
I cant be bothered, mainly because I have so much chat to catch up on.

Here is some advice, before you log on to Sabah, please take a few deep breaths, put on some top quality sounds, have a few snacks at hand, chill out and then join us for bit of gossip, talk, conversing, discourse, rabbit, chewing the fat, chit chat, claver, jaw, chatter, witter, prattle, jabber, gabble, blather, blether, palaver, confabulation, shoot the breeze, shmooze, jawbone or trading.

<you have no need to duck, you need to dig a trench>

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:25 pm

I concur, the chat is the most awesome part of the game, it's been great meeting so many Europeans and Brazilians and seeing how much cooler than Yanks they are. :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:45 pm

"Doctor Sarcophagus" wrote:Here's some news for you, my narcissistic little fairy, you have angered me and saddened me in equal amounts.

Well then, eat some of your own medicine, Dr. Hypocrit.

I will post where I want & how I want. If you don't like it, then keep crying.

The General Wall is for chatting. The Trade Wall is for trading.

When traders come on the General Walls, they are immediately told to go to the Trade Wall by you same clowns. Love the hypocrisy...

Update: Once again, I just checked the Sabah Trade Wall & there are tons of players trading & not chatting too much as before. Thank you all!

Question, Doctor Sarcophagus

Is this the real reason you are angry? Cuz traders have taken the Trade Wall back?
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:29 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:I will post where I want & how I want. If you don't like it, then keep crying.

So... that seems to say you'll chat on trade and deny others the ability. Just an observation...

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Is this the real reason you are angry? Cuz traders have taken the Trade Wall back?

I think he's annoyed by your disdain towards General wall chatters, I can't speak for him though, that's what I think.

Yay, I'm Fisking. :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:So... that seems to say you'll chat on trade and deny others the ability. Just an observation...

As usual, a wrong observation that comes from your typical inability to read with comprehension & standard binary "thinking".

I think he's annoyed by your disdain towards General wall chatters, I can't speak for him though, that's what I think.

Stop trying to think. You aren't very good at it.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 pm

lol, oh Tink... Such a silly person thinking he knows anything about me. :rolleyes:

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:48 am

Children, children! This is all so sickening. Why do some people, I'm not pointing any fingers, feel the need to be so angry and whiny all the time toward others who you have never met in RL? If it's not complaining about what others say, it's pitching a fit so that others will say something to provoke you and supposedly give you a reason to whine some more. Can you believe I have actually been told that it is this petty junk by a handful of people which is causing people NOT to reincarnate when they go immortal? If you hate people that much, go somewhere you can be alone.....Antarctica comes to mind. The Emperor penguins will turn their back on you & huddle for a few months before long & then you can have the whole place to yourself. How about the Mariana trench? You can go hang out with the other tube worms.

Oops....did I say that out loud? :D

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:23 am

Lol, I'm afraid it's a product of the intertubes Dusty, people just act all trolly even though IRL they'd get duffed (similar to deck) for doing such things, I mean that in general btw, like the people on 4chan would get SOOOOoooo many ***kickings in real life, it would be hilarious.

Edit: Yay, 3000th post. :D

Doctor Sarcophagus

Postby Doctor Sarcophagus » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:11 am

wtt a split personality midge for a realistic view of the world

The only person giving out bad medicine is yourself.

The tears that roll down my cheeks are from laughing at your ridiculous dictatorial posts.

'...extremes in her personality are explained in game play by the fact that the fairy's size prevents her from holding more than one feeling at a time, so when she is angry she has no counterbalancing compassion.'
In short, grow up. Oh, but I was forgetting that now we have grown up, you just fade away and die. Ah, we can but wish.

The clowns shoes are worn by your sycophantic self to prevent you from flying away to a far and distant land. I will gladly wear them if it means you will disappear into the wild blue yonder.

I have since chatted on the Trade Wall and will continue to chat there when I like.

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:40 pm

(Passes out earplugs to keep the thunderous applause from deafening anyone who wanders in.)

Eh, what's up Doc? :D

Joyee

Something interesting to share!

Postby Joyee » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Pictures say a thousand words. In this case its images. Looks as if someone doesn't follow the rules they want everyone else to follow.

That is all!

Joyee

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:10 pm

"Joyee" wrote:Pictures say a thousand words. In this case its images. Looks as if someone doesn't follow the rules they want everyone else to follow.

That is all!

Joyee

Yay double standards! :D

I heard that if people stop laughing or maybe was it clapping then Tinker Bell disappears. :eek: /me wonders about the forumer... :confused:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Uh, where's the double standard?

...amazing how I can make people dance on command...it is a gift...

Bonus smirk

What rules have I made?

...don't hurt yerself tryin...

Return to “World - Sabah”