Liven up the Sabah General Wall

All discussion regarding the world of Sabah
Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Liven up the Sabah General Wall

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:39 am

Hey all, I think it's about time we breathe life back into the old General Wall, who is with me? :)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 am

/looking around to see where everyone is. :rolleyes:

It's hard to find even 1 or 2 people there..

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:14 am

I just posted on the general wall....I was the first one in almost 3 hours!

BTW, I'm AnckSuNamun now on Sabah.

Jacquou Le

Postby Jacquou Le » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:25 am

I have to say :D , sometimes, we need one or two spammers in the game :p

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Hello?

This was my idea!

Sabah Trade Wall Help

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:44 pm

Well what you call your idea wasn't exactly received very well now was it? ;)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:58 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Well what you call your idea wasn't exactly received very well now was it? ;)

Many people understood mah drift

...except for binary thinkers...

EDIT: HeeEEY, my tiny text doesn't work on a Mac...<sucks>...lol... neither does c&p...<aaarrrggghhh>
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:02 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Many people understood mah drift

...except for binary thinkers...

EDIT: HeeEEY, my tiny text doesn't work on a Mac...<sucks>...lol... neither does c&p...<aaarrrggghhh>

Most people understood it, caring about it was another matter.

You mean people who think in terms of absolutes or who go step-by-step and don't think outside the box?

Edit: Oh it works, but you are correct, Macs do suck, and you mean "mah tiny text" right? Never heard of this c&p business, unless you mean copy and paste...

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:13 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Most people understood it, caring about it was another matter.

Good example of binary thinking. Bravo!

You mean people who think in terms of absolutes or who go step-by-step and don't think outside the box?

Partially. It means, in addition to people who are unable to see the world in shades & ony see it as either/or, that their opinions are the only ones & others are in the minority & just wrong. It also means that there was more to my request, but it was subtle. They read it as only an attack on chatters. These people have totally no empathy for others at all.

They assumed that my thread was only about "no chatting on the trade wall" when in fact my goal was to improve BOTH walls. The General Wall had died for the chatters, so they moved to the trade wall & used the excuse that they were also trading/gfting. It happened on the Theoris wall & you even tried to do it. However, you all found that you were waaay outnumbered, so you started to post that the game had become booring since as you posted "the General Wall is the heart (chatting) of the game"

Then they tried to prove me a hypocrit, by finding my chatting on the trade wall, when stopping chatting on the trade wall was never my goal.

Edit: Oh it works, but you are correct,

It just didn't work. Apparently, it requires different formatting.

Macs do suck, and you mean "mah tiny text" right?

You know exactly what I meant, or you wouldn't have posted tiny text back at me. This is a very good example of your dishonesty.

Never heard of this c&p business, unless you mean copy and paste...

Again, you know exactly what c&p means. This Mac I am on has no right click. I have to do it via EDIT at the top of the page. Deffinitely a huge pain.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:27 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Good example of binary thinking. Bravo!

Partially. It means, in addition to people who are unable to see the world in shades & ony see it as either/or, that their opinions are the only ones & others are in the minority & just wrong. These people have totally no empathy for others at all.

They assumed that my thread was only about "no chatting on the trade wall" when in fact my goal was to improve BOTH walls. The General Wall had died for the chatters, so they moved to the trade wall & used the excuse that they were also trading/gfting. It happened on the Theoris wall & you even tried to do it. However, you all found that you were waaay outnumbered, so you started to post that the game had become booring since as you posted :the General Wall is the heart (chatting) of the game"

Then they tried to prove me a hypocrit, by finding my chatting on the trade wall, when stopping chatting on the trade wall was never my goal.

It just didn't work. Apparently, it requires different formatting.

You know exactly what I meant, or you wouldn't have posted tiny text back at me. This is a very good example of your dishonesty.

Again, you know exactly what c&p means. This Mac I am on has no right click. I have to do it via EDIT at the top of the page. Deffinitely a huge pain.

Lol, if you want me to explain that one further, then with the exception of a few people including the very kind Jeff Fiske, most people ignored what you were saying (as in did not take it to heart) because you included many insults in the OP, a lot of people don't respond very well to negativity you know.

Wow, that was a perfect self-description. :eek:

Once again, the reason for that is that conversations with you tend to become very hostile, and so any real message you have is lost in the insults. The social-aspect of the game is the heart of it. (since there's no military) I gift scarabs, never trade them. ;) I post on trade wall mostly for laughs or if I see someone I haven't seen in a while, it's called being friendly.

But you are one, lol.

HTML-style? That's very odd, I wouldn't think the forum responds differently to different OSes... (then again I don't know how the two interact nor do I have much desire to learn how.)

Yes I knew exactly what you meant, I was being sarcastic for the purposes of mocking you, as you so often do to others. ;)

I actually was only half sure on that one, I've been around lolspeak too much lately... Oh that's easy, one of the few things I know about how to work a mac is that you have to hold down the big mouse button to have it do the function of a right-click.
Last edited by Amun Nefer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:34 pm

Where were the insults in the opening post?

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Sabah Trade Wall Help

I don't wanna upset the General Wall chatters, but...

Please help us traders & go back to the General Wall. Please! The Sabah Trade Wall has become the General Wall & I believe that this is the reason it is so hard to trade there.

Yes, it is possible to still trade, but your chatting scrolls trade posts off the Trade Wall quickly. If old trade offers, wants & desires remained, we traders would have names to scroll, even though the traders at the time have given up (from your chatting) & left.

The Trade Wall is for trading, not chatting.

Thank you!

I'll wait...

<this should be good>
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:46 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:I don't wanna upset the General Wall chatters, but...

Please help us traders & go back to the General Wall. Please! The Sabah Trade Wall has become the General Wall & I believe that this is the reason it is so hard to trade there.

Yes, it is possible to still trade, but your chatting scrolls trade posts off the Trade Wall quickly. If old trade offers, wants & desires remained, we traders would have names to scroll, even though the traders at the time have given up (from your chatting) & left.

The Trade Wall is for trading, not chatting.

Thank you!

<ducking>

Those are easily percieved as being abrasive and unfriendly, hence the replies you got.

Also, this right here is just a perfect example of a Tinker-rant. Lol, so much faux populism as well...

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Well then, eat some of your own medicine, Dr. Hypocrit.

I will post where I want & how I want. If you don't like it, then keep crying. [AN: lol]

The General Wall is for chatting. The Trade Wall is for trading.

When traders come on the General Walls, they are immediately told to go to the Trade Wall by you same clowns. Love the hypocrisy...

Update: Once again, I just checked the Sabah Trade Wall & there are tons of players trading & not chatting too much as before. Thank you all!

Question, Doctor Sarcophagus

Is this the real reason you are angry? Cuz traders have taken the Trade Wall back?

There's an e in hypocrite btw. ;)

Edit: Ah yes, I should also say that it wasn't taken too well suggested by you because you have let's say a nefarious reputation amongst the majority of TMers.
Last edited by Amun Nefer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Couldn't find any insults, eh?

Now you have reposted parts of my response to Doctor Sarcophagus, who made the first insult post in that thread.

Where are the insults, you ask. Right off the bat ~ "my narcissistic little fairy" ~ a homosexual reference. Standard operating procedure.

Then, the "Doctor" continues...

"So why the need to post in the Forum, moaning about a blether? I could go into a lengthy psychological profile of you"

There are two insults here. Can you find them?

1) My opinion is "moaning about blather"? When three straight poster had agreed with me?

2) "lengthy psychological profile of you" ~ another insult

Shall we continue?

"Here is some advice, before you log on to Sabah, please take a few deep breaths, put on some top quality sounds, have a few snacks at hand, chill out and then join us for bit of gossip, talk, conversing, discourse, rabbit, chewing the fat, chit chat, claver, jaw, chatter, witter, prattle, jabber, gabble, blather, blether, palaver, confabulation, shoot the breeze, shmooze, jawbone or trading."

This clown has now told me how to live my life.

You bet I insulted back, but I didn't start it.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:12 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Couldn't find any insults, eh?

Now you have reposted parts of my response to Doctor Sarcophagus, who made the first insult post in that thread.

Where are the insults, you ask. Right off the bat ~ "my narcissistic little fairy" ~ a homosexual reference. Standard operating procedure.

Then, the "Doctor" continues...

"So why the need to post in the Forum, moaning about a blether? I could go into a lengthy psychological profile of you"

There are two insults here. Can you find them?

1) My opinion is "moaning about blather"? When three straight poster had agreed with me?

2) "lengthy psychological profile of you" ~ another insult

Shall we continue?

"Here is some advice, before you log on to Sabah, please take a few deep breaths, put on some top quality sounds, have a few snacks at hand, chill out and then join us for bit of gossip, talk, conversing, discourse, rabbit, chewing the fat, chit chat, claver, jaw, chatter, witter, prattle, jabber, gabble, blather, blether, palaver, confabulation, shoot the breeze, shmooze, jawbone or trading."

This clown has now told me how to live my life.

You bet I insulted back, but I didn't start it.

Once again Tink, like I said you have a reputation here, remember?

Also, you ARE kidding right? Right? XD Most people associate Tinkerbell with Tinker Bell, you know, the fairy from Peter Pan? Who you named your account after? It's not a homosexual reference, besides even if it was, why would it be much of an insult? More of a mislabelling.

He might be a psychiatrist or psychologist you know. ;) He probably just dislikes you because of previous behaviour, lol, like many people here, there's a great bias against you, you know. A blather is a typo most probably, he means getting upset about people talking.

He's really just giving some advice, he even says so, whereas you frequently attempt to lay down your own law... O.o (You mentioned hypocrisy earlier right?)

Fair enough, but still you responded.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:21 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Once again Tink, like I said you have a reputation here, remember?

LOL !!!

You forum clowns crack me up. You really believe your own garbage.

Also, you ARE kidding right? Right? XD Most people associate Tinkerbell with Tinker Bell, you know, the fairy from Peter Pan? Who you named your account after? It's not a homosexual reference, besides even if it was, why would it be much of an insult? More of a mislabelling.

Everyone knows I am male. Go peddle stupid somewhere else.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:26 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:LOL !!!

You forum clowns crack me up. You really believe your own garbage.

Everyone knows I am male. Go peddle stupid somewhere else.

You just missed the point entirely, they were talking about and to some extent mocking your sn. O.o

Tinker Bell

Looks kind of like a fairy don't you think?

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Anyway, back to the OP, everyone let's put some life back into our old wall.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 pm

I remember when that thread was created.. I read it three times to be sure I got Tink's message, Maybe I missed some of it but I got three ideas from it

#1 the trade wall is sometimes unusable because chatting tends to push legitimate trade offers off the wall when 'chatting' flares up

#2 the general wall is 'empty' because 'chatters' are drawn to the trade wall instead

#3 the general wall wouldn't be so 'boring' or 'empty' if they chat in the general wall more often instead of the trade wall

I personally did not see much insult.. in the OP (except the use of the word please?? o_0) .. infact I saw a valid point...but soon after other posters started the insults..
I decided not to reply to that thread when I saw Jeff's post, which summarized my thoughts and feelings about it the situation pretty well.
(making any post I could make redundant)

If the most beloved character made the suggestion that Tink made, might it have been better received? Seems like a reasonable suggestion to me.

this part in particular is TRUE
I won't name names.. but if a few special people made a similar request. .not only would the thread have turned out more positive but their request would be enforced almost immediately by their overly zealous friends ;)

I have some issues with Tink, sure, but when a person makes a valid point, they make a valid point.
to ignore a valid point just because of personal "feewings and bias' towards the person is not only juvenile but bull-headed and saddening too :(

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm

There seems be alot of bullheaded & childish around these parts. This is why I put trolls in the iggy box, then laugh when others take the bait on a regular basis. I've pretty much given up on trying to draw any understanding from the simpleminded. When I read their posts, I find myself often saying "pot....keddle" and these days getting a good laugh.

As for the life on the wall, well, it still comes and goes. Even when it's an accident & people post requests on the wrong wall, people freak out, then 5 other people seem to also when it doesn't move for 2 hours.

Those miserable girls in my office who I mentioned recently....the ones that are never happy regardless of how much they get what they ask for.....I think I may have to soon share space with them....oh great!

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:18 am

2 threads trashed this is getting too repetitive. :(

Return to “World - Sabah”