23%
No
68%
No Opinion
4%

Total votes: 47

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:57 am

"PantherX" wrote:Well Sabah is a beta world so it is important to have all levels of cities there. If development every starts up again it will need the mature accounts to test with.

81 years old is not mature, it is over the hill, down the other side & into the next county. Everything maxed including building upgrades to the point he is destroying buildings & starting over. LOL !!!

Mature is me at 47. 81 years is having so much that balthazarr gives stuff away on the trade & general wall as presents.

Balthazarr (245N) [8:29 pm] » Holiday Presents!!! Any player, rank does not matter, who sends me a scroll will receive 2000 Bricks, 500 Baskets & 500 Pottery & maybe a little more. :)

Balthazarr (199N) [1:17 pm] » WANTED Settlers-25K Bricks, 50K Bread, 3K each of Basket/Pottery/Kohl/Oil/Henna & 5K of Lux Goods PLUS 1 Scarab GIFT if you build a city in any of my Nomes 178N/199N/224N/245N. Scroll for info :)

He doesn't even need Nome Events. A collapsed stele allows him to actually put some unemployed workers to work. ;)

There will always be all levels of accounts in Sabah.

This is not about age. You both are turning it into about age.

It is about TM resuming server sweeps to get rid of the dead accounts (including the dead accounts on permanent vacation) & eliminating the Nome Event minimum requirements.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:13 am, edited 7 times in total.

balthazarr

How my game progressed...

Postby balthazarr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:39 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:balthazarr, you post like you are the norm, when you are the exception. All four of your cities are in the 200+ nomes. Your choice, when everyone else moved closer to the Center with additional cities.

This game is all about predicting the future & you did not do that well.

If you restarted the game today, you would be closer to the Center by a mile. If TM resumed server sweeps I guarantee you would be placed in the Center of the Nile.

EDIT: By the way, remember I also want the Nome Event minimums removed also. If not both fixes, I will take either one. Both would be the best.

When I started playing I was placed in nome 199N, the game was expanding and newer players were being placed further out than I was. I decided that a 20 nome interval would be close enough to allow easy internal transport of goods while getting the advantage of a better market variety of both goods and people to sell to. My second city was 178N, which was fully developed when I built there. I settled in 224N when the wave of new players was already being placed further out. The same was true for 245N. The game was growing and expanding. THEN scarabs and Theoris came along and the wind was knocked out of Sabah. But even then new players were being dropped further and further out, almost out to 400's, prior to TM starting to place new players back in the middle.

Who are these "everyone else moved closer to the Center with additional cities" most people seem to have all of their city closely clustered, not spread out?

As for your guarantee, a server sweep would not place me or anyone else in the Center of the Nile. New players are currently being dropped in the 120's and unless TM does a reset to start dropping people closer to zero again, slowly new players will continue to creep out back to where I was initially dropped.

The best thing as far as I am concerned would be if they did three things...
1) Remove the event minimums.
2) Sweep the inactives, BUT only if...
3) Shrink the Nile afterwards...
"balthazarr" wrote:Personally I think the best thing that could happen to Sabah would be a shrinking of the nile...

It would be great if TM ran a script, deleting every nome that has no cities, and then renumbering the nomes.

It probably would require the game to be taken off line for a few minutes while the database is rewritten.

This would pull everyone a bit closer to the middle, would help improve market trade (no totally dead nomes between you and other markets) and would to a small extent decrease transport times.

balthazarr

Don't Worry Be Happy

Postby balthazarr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:02 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:81 years old is not mature, it is over the hill, down the other side & into the next county. Everything maxed including building upgrades to the point he is destroying buildings & starting over. LOL !!!

Mature is me at 47. 81 years is having so much that balthazarr gives stuff away on the trade & general wall as presents.

Balthazarr (245N) [8:29 pm] » Holiday Presents!!! Any player, rank does not matter, who sends me a scroll will receive 2000 Bricks, 500 Baskets & 500 Pottery & maybe a little more. :)

Balthazarr (199N) [1:17 pm] » WANTED Settlers-25K Bricks, 50K Bread, 3K each of Basket/Pottery/Kohl/Oil/Henna & 5K of Lux Goods PLUS 1 Scarab GIFT if you build a city in any of my Nomes 178N/199N/224N/245N. Scroll for info :)

He doesn't even need Nome Events. A collapsed stele allows him to actually put some unemployed workers to work. ;)

There will always be all levels of accounts in Sabah.

This is not about age. You both are turning it into about age.

It is about TM resuming server sweeps to get rid of the dead accounts (including the dead accounts on permanent vacation) & eliminating the Nome Event minimum requirements.

Do not tell that to my mother, she turns 81 next year and she give historic walking tours in Philadelphia that are up to 8 hours long.

I destroyed ONE building as a test to see if having double buildings in a city as opposed to unique buildings would effect rank. WE (since you were on the general wall discussing what I was doing) learned that construction speed up bonus is NOT used for any of the regular building starts that only take 15 minutes to build.

If I hang around long enough I might test the construction speed up bonus on a temple tear down.

As for presents, I do offer them, but never blindly send people stuff, "ruining" their game.

I have no unemployed workers, other than limestone quarry workers, there are no slackers in my cities.

I am playing the exact game I said I would play...
1) See how high I could get with out a Level 22 Palace, I made it to rank 5. DONE!
2) Then Max out my cities, with the palaces being the last building being upgraded to level 22. DONE!
3) Doing 50 of each quest as a test study. In Progress!
4) Getting all 12 quest items. In Progress! Hopefully this will happen while doing number 3. ;)
5) Making a push for number 1 and then going Immortal. In Progress!

Tinkerbell, please remember that each person is ALLOWED to have their own game style and can play the way they choose to, and so long as they do not break the rules in Tilted Mill's Terms and Conditions & the Rules of Conduct, they are playing the game properly, even if it is 100% contrary to the way you think people should play. :)
Last edited by balthazarr on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing a typo & adding "Hopefully this will happen while doing number 3. ;)"

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:07 pm

As an aside, for those following along, a disclaimer. balthazarr is my friend (as is PantherX) & I have no problem with how he plays the game. He ALWAYS asks first before gifting.

~ ~ ~

balthazarr, yes, I understand that your empire was created when Sabah had 5K accounts & that affected how you placed your additional cities. What I meant is that players after you move toward the center to get the hell out of the unpopulated Wilderness, especially New Players.

You are an advanced player like I am. My Theoris II accoutn has ALL cities 24 hours from each other, on purpose for challenge. both you & I can thrive no matter where we are on the Nile.

I am talking about New Players, especially first-time players. The ones who are placed in the Wilderness, give up & quit. This is the problem I am trying to address. Please, don't take this the wrong way, but I just don't care about you nor I. We will be fine no matter how the game is designed. We know how to play!

With a server sweep New Accounts will definitely be placed in the Center first. The reason they are not now, is cuz all those slots are take with dead accounts.

TM will never shrink the Nile as you desire, so you might as well give up on that one.

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:22 pm

81 isn't over the hill, down the other side & into the next county, lol. Age is a state of mind, in real life or on the Nile. My grandmother is 85 & still crochets 1 baby afghan per day for the nursery at the local hospital, which happens to be attached to the long-term care facility she's living in. Before going there, at 82, she still volunteered 4 days a week and made about 200 hat & scarf sets a year, aside from her "recreational crochet" projects, for the needy children in her county.

At age 63 in Theoris, I am also running out of buildings to upgrade in my capital. However, this is because I chose to wait so long to take my 4th city, choosing instead to be able to look at the market deals screen as long as possible. I knew when I did it that it would stretch out my game, but it's been worth it. I've never made a single brick in my 4th city, have no double buildings in any of my cities, and never captured a monument until this week. My current problem is that, in 12 days at the current rate of production, my bread will be maxed out in my capital....thus one reason I finally took monuments.

My problem with purging long time inactive accounts is that, when that player used scarabs to purchase that ability, it represents a contract between the company and the player. Before doing so, they would have to set up a timer to email the player that their account will be deleted and give them time to respond. This means that the development team would have to reallocate someone to this task, then test it, before it can be implemented. So after how long should this occur? 30 days? 60? 6 months? It's been well documented in the forums that there has been another huge lull in version upgrades for NO, and even the TM employees who play the game are slowing activity or stopping completely. So would they be willing to do that?

It's sad that NO hasn't taken off the way that Runescape, WoW, Guild Wars, and others have. Nobody could have predicted that adding a second world would have such a negative impact on the game.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:03 pm

My problem with purging long time inactive accounts is that, when that player used scarabs to purchase that ability, it represents a contract between the company and the player.

It's a way to protect your work. So that your empire of level > 10 towns doesn't get wiped out if your computer crashes or you take another ISP and it takes a week to get on line again. I don't see how somebody would value having their single level 1 town protected forever, except if they want to go immortal in another way than was/is envisioned by both developers and players. For that reason I don't see why level 1 town accounts should be saved if they have been inactive for over a year. ;)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:45 pm

"DustysMomma" wrote:
My problem with purging long time inactive accounts is that, when that player used scarabs to purchase that ability,

I do not believe anyone (especially Tinkerbell) wants an account deleted if they have paid for inactivity immunity. I could be wrong but i believe if someone paid for it , then the city should say there.

I still believe that what the games needs is a smaller, round world. If the world fills up, open another server. I would even vote for a 100 nome total round world. 12 hrs shipping max! I think it would liven up many aspects of the game.
:cool:

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:42 pm

What the game needs is moderating. And something to liven it up.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 pm

"PantherX" wrote:I do not believe anyone (especially Tinkerbell) wants an account deleted if they have paid for inactivity immunity. I could be wrong but i believe if someone paid for it , then the city should say there.

Yes, pretty much. However there should be a limit. Inactivity immunity or vacation mode for months is just too much.

I want to start with just a simple reactivation of weekly server sweeps like in Theoris. That will take care of most of the problem.

We have a new exploit though & it is now also being used in the griefing of top rankers in Theoris. Vacation mode & it costs nothing. A new growing problem. It has been used by the old accounts in Sabah just to keep from being swept. In Theoris, it is used as a HUGE griefing cheat.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:20 pm

People who used free scarabs to get inactivity deletion protection, didn't really buy that protection. There are hundreds (or even thousands?) of inactive single level 1 town players, who have been inactive for weeks or months. What's wrong with deleting them? OTOH, they aren't really in the way, at the core most nomes have something like 11 towns, so there's enough room for new players to start there.
There's something wrong with how TM deletes inactive accounts. On Theoris I saw a player disappear after 1 week or so of inactivity - three well developed towns, 1 level 15 or so, 2 level 5 pyramids - poof, gone. But there are also level 3 single towns that have been inactive for months, they're really much more immortal than immortal Pharaohs, because their town will remain as a lasting monument, it won't even go away if another town at the same level in the same nome also goes inactive.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 am

I would imagine it is a hard call to make, and I do think guidelines should be set and followed.

Although I am beginning to think it is all a moot point. :(
:cool:

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Ikariam has a much better set of rules for dealing with inactive players: deletion depends on how long you have been in. It's also a matter of common sense. What does a person stand to lose if his/her level 1 town with practically nothing built yet and not producing anything by its deletion? On the other hand, active players may lose all if they don't have that protection but have to go afk for a few days. There's something deeply wrong there.

Pontius Pilatus

Hmm, now what is it? Exploit or cheat?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:
We have a new exploit though & it is now also being used in the griefing of top rankers in Theoris. Vacation mode & it costs nothing. A new growing problem. It has been used by the old accounts in Sabah just to keep from being swept. In Theoris, it is used as a HUGE griefing cheat.

Why is that a cheat? Please explain. What is the connection with griefing? You yourself have taken monuments from people in vacationmode, so what is the cheating here?
Last edited by Pontius Pilatus on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I mean you raided Juliaset, not a griefer!
But it ain't necessarily so.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:48 pm

"tutmoses ii" wrote: There are hundreds (or even thousands?) of inactive single level 1 town players, who have been inactive for weeks or months.

Exactly. These are the dead accounts usually removed by weekly server sweeps in Theoris. TM has stopped sweeps in Sabah since mid-September.

What's wrong with deleting them? OTOH, they aren't really in the way, at the core most nomes have something like 11 towns, so there's enough room for new players to start there.

Not true! The game will not place a new account in a nome with 11 cities. Those other 9 plots are left for expansion of existing accounts so players who smash their empires can expand..

11 cities is considered a FULL nome (as it should be).

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:Why is that a cheat? Please explain. What is the connection with griefing?

God the troll is back.

You don't know? LOL. Just how stupid are you, peepee? Soldiers do not eat on vacation mode & it is used by the tiny small illegal free multiple griefing accounts.

You yourself have taken monuments from people in vacationmode, so what is the cheating here?

No I haven't. Stop lying.

I took revenge on a griefing team who was using the vacation mode cheat. The vacation mode cheat had been used for over two months.

Last edited by Pontius Pilatus; Today at 09:49 AM. Reason: I mean you raided Juliaset, not a griefer!

JuliaSet2 vacation mode account is one of the dead weight accounts that need to be deleted. On vacation for well over 4 months now. Never purchased one single scarab. The account is abandoned.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.

lynnk

Postby lynnk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Sabah definitely needs something to help it....

Market (10 nomes above/below): 1 listings for gold (lowest: 6/per), 2 listings for henna (lowest: 4/per), 1 listings for kohl (lowest: 10/per), 1 listings for oil (lowest: 10/per)

This is the state of the market for 21 nomes in my area [the henna is mine btw so that can't really be counted] - if people didn't send gifts to help new players [Thanks to all of you :) ] then I doubt it would even be this busy :eek:

Please note also that two of those prices are exactly the same as buying from the nubes :rolleyes:

Pontius Pilatus

Lying?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Come on Tink. Did you or did you not take monuments from Juliaset? You did, so I am not lying. You had some "reasons" for it, but I recall you invented them for that opportunity. You were just pissed for a loss of your own monuments and made up for your loss by taking Juliaset's monuments(who was in vacation mode). So you are the original stinker that attacked a vacationmode player.
You are the biggest cheater in the field, I bow to you, master cheater.

Pontius Pilatus

And you are god to make that decision?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:

JuliaSet2 vacation mode account is one of the dead weight accounts that need to be deleted. On vacation for well over 4 months now. Never purchased one single scarab. The account is abandoned.

So your rule is law here?

You megalomaniac!

Pontius Pilatus

I resent that.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:20 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Just how stupid are you, peepee?

Hmm, I am not stupid at all.

I just want to have that out. Please refrain from calling me that. Maybe I will spare you then when I will tell your tale when you go immortal.
When is that? I can't wait to tell the tale.

Cheers, my friend!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:46 pm

For everyone's enjoyment, here are the rules for another browser game The West

Premium Support » Rules

§1) One Account Per Player
Each player must only play one account per world. It is not allowed to disclose your password to other players. You are not allowed to play or look after another player’s account. An account can only be played by one player.

Examples:
•More than one player is allowed to play from the same computer and/or internet connection. However, each player can only play their own account and must pay attention to
•It is forbidden for a player to log in to a roommate or family member’s account while he’s not around.
•It is forbidden to look after someone's account when they are on holiday.
•Forcing entry to another account is prohibited. Even attempting to do so is a violation of the rules.

§2) Players sharing an internet connection
Players that share an Internet connection or live in the same household may not duel each other. It is also not allowed for 2 players on the same connection to coordinate duels on another player. At least 24 hours must have passed between the duels. However, it is allowed to participate in the same fort battles.

§3) Communications
Insults against other players are not allowed. Politically extreme, ****ographic or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate material is prohibited in the game, as well as links to such material. We also do not allow advertisements/links to other web based games, referral systems or money making schemes. This concerns every area of the game where players can post their own text or graphics.

Examples:
•It is allowed to call a player a beginner (noob).
•It is forbidden to insult another player.
•Blackmailing other players for nuggets is strictly prohibited.
•It is forbidden to name your town disrespectfully.
•Player names such as “Adolf Hitler” or “rapist” will lead to immediate exclusion from the game.
•It is allowed to link to suitable Youtube videos
•It is allowed to link to web games operated by InnoGames GmbH, but no others

§4) Push duels
It is forbidden to duel players with the intended result of pushing the player with experience or money.

Examples
•It is not allowed to take your clothes and weapons off with the intent to lose a duel on purpose.
•It is not allowed to purposely let yourself be dueled in an attempt to lose money
•It is not allowed to purposely duel someone and lose in an attempt to lose money

§5) Account sales
It is forbidden for accounts to be involved in any commercial activity. An account cannot be offered for sale.

Examples:
•A player cannot purchase, sell or offer an game account on ebay or another sales medium.
•Offering nuggets to other players in exchange of in-game activities such as attacking other players is strictly prohibited.

§6) Bugs
Each player is required to report critical errors immediately to the game support. Taking advantage of a bug will result in being excluded from the game or punishment.

Examples:
•If you notice that a character has too many skill points you must report it.
•If you notice a spelling error or typo, you do not need to report it.

§7) Bots
The game may only be played with a conventional browser. Bots or other programs that automatically log on or trigger game actions are prohibited.

Examples:
•It is prohibited to use a program that automatically queues work for an account.

§8) Language
The West is an English game for an international market. As the majority of our players are English we request that profiles must be written in English or have an English translation of any texts. However, private communications are allowed to be in any language.

It is against the rules to exclude other players because of their nationality. Repeated violations of the rule will lead to an account ban.

•You must be able to answer queries from the administration team in proficient English.
•A town's in-game forum can be in any language.
•Communications (telegrams) between players can be in any language.
•A town may not prevent a player from joining because of his or her nationality.

§9) Account deletion
A player can be deleted for a variety of reasons. If an account is inactive for over 28 days it may be automatically deleted.

Return to “World - Sabah”